Eating according to hunger/satiety ?

Sa mga katulad nating nagbubuhat to build muscle mass, pwede bang gamitin ang kabusugan (satiety) para malaman kung na-hit mo na ang macro-nutrient requirements mo ?

Ito lang ang assumptions
1. You eat whole foods
2. Leptin and ghrelin work as they should (hormones responsible for inducing hunger and limiting food intake)

Tapos gamitin na lang yung "100g of raw meat has 20g of protein" to know how much you need based on lean body mass

For fats and carbs, satiety na lang ang gagamitin and the proportion is based on your diet (IIFYM, carb backloading, ketogenic diet, etc)

Halimbawa, kung fat-based ang diet mo, you'll prioritize eating first the meat. After you have hit your protein requirements, just eat as much fat as you can until you feel "full"

Comments

• monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    IMO hindi. kasi depende sa eatiing capacity ng bawat tao, activity levels, genetics etc.

The best way I think is comparing day-to-day results and adjust from there.

sa last bulk ko I ditched every eating template (at least I know of) and ate whole foods and ate as much as I can stuff my face with like eggs, chicken, beef and rice.

I adhered to this na lang:

tumblr_m8tj92qw8K1rthmb0o1_500.gif
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    sa last bulk ko I ditched every eating template (at least I know of) and ate whole foods and ate as much as I can stuff my face with like eggs, chicken, beef and rice.

^ bro, parang ganyan yung ibig ko sabihin :)

whole foods tapos kain ka hanggang sa mabusog ka na talaga

may konting "counting" pa rin dun sa protein intake
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    In a perfect utopian world, it might work. In reality, I don't think so.

There are people who have ravenous appetite and just imagine them stuffing themselves with food until they are full. On the opposite side, there are also people who have the appetite of a pigeon, pecking bits of food and they are already full.

Unfortunately, lifting weights and working out doesn't really make a stark change to these realities. As monching said, you really can't control everything.
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    forget leptin and ghrelin since they dont contribute much in scenarios like a massive single food intake. if you have a solid nutrition plan, you need to hit your macros (why set macros if you will deviate from it?). first, satiety and hunger is a different story if muscle building is your concern lalo na kung IF practitioner ka kasi obviously gutom ka magdamag at busog ka naman pagkatapos. kung mabusisi ka talaga "set macros" kung bahala na si batman "track macros". at the end of the day, you will have the figures laid out and its up to you to reflect kung ano kakalabasan ng mga kinain mo :)

based on my experience, quota nako sa protein sa hapon pa lang so carbs and fat na lang kelangan ko, kung kakain ako ng madaming oats mabubusog kagad ako. kung kakain naman ako ng sugary processed carbs like my favorite cheesecake, kahit 5 slices hindi pa ako busog. kung kakain naman ako ng something na combination ng protein, carbs and fat, mabubusog nga ako pero most likely sobra na yun for me.

to make it simple, if you want to eat. then EAT!:) if you want to eat strictly, DO IT! kasi we cant pretend to have a good diet plan kung wala naman talaga kasi the results will always speak for itself in the end :)
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Nice inputs from vinch and riddler.

And i've followed your old journal and I think you dont have the BIG appetite to match your macros esp with the IF pattern.

Whatever way we choose to eat the results will speak for themselves nga naman.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    In this game, you eat for function & results. If that means force-feeding 6x per day to gain mass, or feeling hungry often bcoz you are trying to get to a low bf, you do what you gotta do. Only the dedicated will do it. ;)
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    ^hands down Sir BD! :)
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    lupet ng mga comment!

As IF practitioner, I'd say na hindi para sa lahat itong setup, kasi may mga tao na tulad ko na nasasatisfy ng 2 big meals per day and ang effect ay hindi nagugutom for long period of time. It works for me, and it may not work on others. Tho, I never ever do the 100% diet adherence in terms of macros, minsan nakakabaliw din pag by the book. Kaya siguro tumatagal yung stubborn belly fat ko rin ehehe pero okay lang mahirap naman talaga masundan as a beginner eh lalo na yung rest day meals ko :D

Tho hindi ko pa natatry yung 5-6 meals a day, which is 100% i can't do based on my lifestyle kung ano magiging effect sakin nun.

And I can't really say na kung mas better ba yung normal eating habit vs on IF since nakasanayan na ng katawan ko yung IF eh.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    forget leptin and ghrelin since they dont contribute much in scenarios like a massive single food intake. if you have a solid nutrition plan, you need to hit your macros (why set macros if you will deviate from it?). first, satiety and hunger is a different story if muscle building is your concern lalo na kung IF practitioner ka kasi obviously gutom ka magdamag at busog ka naman pagkatapos. kung mabusisi ka talaga "set macros" kung bahala na si batman "track macros". at the end of the day, you will have the figures laid out and its up to you to reflect kung ano kakalabasan ng mga kinain mo :)

based on my experience, quota nako sa protein sa hapon pa lang so carbs and fat na lang kelangan ko, kung kakain ako ng madaming oats mabubusog kagad ako. kung kakain naman ako ng sugary processed carbs like my favorite cheesecake, kahit 5 slices hindi pa ako busog. kung kakain naman ako ng something na combination ng protein, carbs and fat, mabubusog nga ako pero most likely sobra na yun for me.

to make it simple, if you want to eat. then EAT!:) if you want to eat strictly, DO IT! kasi we cant pretend to have a good diet plan kung wala naman talaga kasi the results will always speak for itself in the end :)

Amazing response as always.
    Big Dawg wrote:
    In this game, you eat for function & results. If that means force-feeding 6x per day to gain mass, or feeling hungry often bcoz you are trying to get to a low bf, you do what you gotta do. Only the dedicated will do it. ;)

Brief but all you need to hear is already there!

Galing!
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    They nailed it!