Target bodysize

Good day po!

kaka start ko pa lang po mag gym, wala pang 1 week, gusto ko pong maging ung in between lean at bulk, di payat, di rin malaki, di ko po alam anong best program dapat sundin, nakita ko lang sa internet sa link n to ung program na sinusunod ko ngayon, 5 days split ni j-dawg (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw94.htm)

weight ko po is 154.6 lbs, height is 5'8", medyo payat po ko ng konti,

any advise po sa mga pros? maraming salamat po!

Comments

• Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    bojo wrote:
    Good day po!

kaka start ko pa lang po mag gym, wala pang 1 week, gusto ko pong maging ung in between lean at bulk, di payat, di rin malaki, di ko po alam anong best program dapat sundin, nakita ko lang sa internet sa link n to ung program na sinusunod ko ngayon, 5 days split ni j-dawg (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw94.htm)

weight ko po is 154.6 lbs, height is 5'8", medyo payat po ko ng konti,

any advise po sa mga pros? maraming salamat po!

Sorry I don't know much tagalog, but based on yout thread title I'm guessing you want more muscle size. If so, stick to the basic exercises and bust ass. Don't stay in the gym all day - get in and out and bust ass while you are there. Don't do countless sets - do your warmups then BOOM hit it hard. ALWAYS try to get stronger every workout - thats the most important thing. Not stronger as in a single rep max, but for reps. Example, if you squatted 100 x 8 this week, next week try your HARDEST to get 100 for 9. That should be your mindset - always one more rep, one more rep, one more rep. Stay off the basketball court and other excessive cardio activities - you wanna grow, your body needs rest. Also, lastly but most important, you must eat right. You do all that, you will grow my friend! :)
  • bojobojo Posts: 7
    thank you Sir. it seems the link i posted is not working. You're right that i want to gain mass, and since im new to gym, i dont know what program to follow. On the link that i posted, here's the program that they have;
    Day 1: Legs/Abs
    Day 2: Chest
    Day 3: Back/Abs*
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: Shoulder/Abs*
    Day 6: Arms
    Day 7: Rest
    I want to gain a bigger than lean but smaller than bulk size body. i dont know if the workout above is the one that i need. I do 3 sets 12 reps i every exercise that i do and trying to lift my maximum weight on my own.
  • villapoh1villapoh1 Posts: 11
    Hi Bojo,

I will recommend you a program that helped me gain more muscle mass when I started to train.
    It's called Shortcut to Size by Jim Stoppani.. It's a 12 weeks program and I like the science behind it.
    Please copy and paste the URL below and follow the guide. No need to tweak the program.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shortcut-to-size.html

PS: I'm not sure if it's okay to post a link from a different forum. Please let me know. If yes, I'll edit it asap. Cheers.
    Thanks villapoh

i'll go ahead and change my program. i followed the program i posted above for 1 week without knowing if that's the best for me. This one looks better. Thanks a lot!
    Sir villapoh1

question, on this program of Jim Stoppani, did you follow his program exactly? i mean the type of exercises? Or did you add some exercise or made some tweaks on his program?

and also, i don't take supplements, can you suggest any that can replace it? thanks!