Project Gori

2»

Comments

• Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Awesome transformation dude! Props bigtime! :)
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    dumbbell shrugs - 12/10/8/6
    barbell shrugs - 12/10/8/6

Pili ka lang isa sirSuggestion lang try going in small increases in your lifts like using those 2.5lb plates add 2.5 each side per week and if that doesn't work and kung wala ka ng motivation mag buhat try and go for a deload week either by resting or stripping down on your poundages and focusing on form and your mind and muscle connection you will be surprised kasi mararamdaman mo ulit yung gigil pag balik mo sa pag bubuhat since straight 4 months ka nga naman nagbubuhat well that's just my opinion :)
  • "TAMA" as in maraming carbs 1-2 hours before ang workout ko kuya. Kung dati nung 12/10/8 ang buhat ko sa big 3 lifts ko, ang kinakain ko 1 cup ng rice at 2 slices wheat bread na may peanut butter, nung nag 10/8/6 ako, 2 cups na ng rice at 2 slices ng wheat bread na may peanut butter. Tapos minsan pag may banana, kumakain din ako.

Hindi ko pa nattry yung strength training kuya, kailangan ba yun? yun ba yung pang powerlifter na style? haha!

Sa compound lifts ko kuya, pinipilit ko ang proper form, hindi ako nag tataas ng weight unless proper ang form ko. Lagi kong pinababantayan sa mga ka gym ko yung form ko lalo na sa big 3. Kasi naniniwala ako na kung hindi ko kayang buhatin with proper form, then hindi pa ako ganun kalakas para sa ganun weight.

Oo kuya, kasi nakaka guilty pag nag papahinga. Sayang ang oras, sayang ang araw.

Ano sa tingin mo kuya?
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    Yatez wrote:
    Sa chest tancha ko too much pressing movements

This!
    "Oo kuya, kasi nakaka guilty pag nag papahinga. Sayang ang oras, sayang ang araw."

You grow outside of the gym sir and not inside actually mas priority ko nga ang rest and recovery,
    and sir i assume you are bulking right now tama ba? Namomonitor mo ba yung weight changes mo per week?

Here's a quote from Dorian

"You grow when you are outside the gym. I have a very simply analogy I use when I do seminars and it tends to work. I tell people if they had a piece of sandpaper and rubbed it across their palm until it was red and bloody and left it alone for a few days, it would heal up.

But it would heal thicker than before and form a callus protective layer. The reason it does that is because the skin is trying to strengthen itself, protect itself from that stress in the future; so if that happens again it will be able to handle it because it is stronger. But if you did that with the sandpaper on your hands and before it fully healed you went and rubbed it again, you are never going to get anywhere.

It is the same thing with training: you go into the gym and break the muscle down; if you allow enough time to pass and you have the right nutrients in place it's going to repair itself and make itself slightly bigger and stronger, so when the next time this guy comes along with a 50-pound dumbbell and stresses us we will be able to handle it. That is basically what it is. If you run the sandpaper over your hands after each healing phase has been completed you are going to get some thick fucking skin on your hands."" 12/10/8 ang buhat ko sa big 3 lifts ko, ang kinakain ko 1 cup ng rice at 2 slices wheat bread na may peanut butter, nung nag 10/8/6 ako, 2 cups na ng rice at 2 slices ng wheat bread na may peanut butter. Tapos minsan pag may banana, kumakain din ako."

Sir it's not in the number of reps actually its more on TUT and the amount of stress that you give your muscles kaya sakin ginagawa ko i slow down the negatives and give a powerful positive when i'm lifting
    and if it's not a hassle for you try counting your calories di naman kailangan sakto pero at least alam mong surplus kinakain mo since nasa 184lbs ka you might think you are eating in a surplus but you actually are not kasi medyo mataas na requirements ng ganyang weight ako im at 175 and eating at 3.4k-3.6k calories a day
  • Hmmm, so alisin ko nalang yung dumbbell chest press ko kuya? Palitan ko flyes? At okay lang ba kung gawin ko nang incline, flat, decline barbell bench press? tapos dagdagan ko nalang flyes?salamat kuya! haha
    bigboygori wrote:
    "TAMA" as in maraming carbs 1-2 hours before ang workout ko kuya. Kung dati nung 12/10/8 ang buhat ko sa big 3 lifts ko, ang kinakain ko 1 cup ng rice at 2 slices wheat bread na may peanut butter, nung nag 10/8/6 ako, 2 cups na ng rice at 2 slices ng wheat bread na may peanut butter. Tapos minsan pag may banana, kumakain din ako.

Hindi ko pa nattry yung strength training kuya, kailangan ba yun? yun ba yung pang powerlifter na style? haha!

Sa compound lifts ko kuya, pinipilit ko ang proper form, hindi ako nag tataas ng weight unless proper ang form ko. Lagi kong pinababantayan sa mga ka gym ko yung form ko lalo na sa big 3. Kasi naniniwala ako na kung hindi ko kayang buhatin with proper form, then hindi pa ako ganun kalakas para sa ganun weight.

Oo kuya, kasi nakaka guilty pag nag papahinga. Sayang ang oras, sayang ang araw.

Ano sa tingin mo kuya?

Do you ever feel lethargic/sluggish/sleepy right before your workout? how about post workout? how much do you eat during post workout?

Strength training is not limited to powerlifting (in fact known PL programs that has worked for many is structured a bit different than a normal strength training program).

Anyhow strength training mainly focuses on the compound lifts (Bench DL, Squats, OHP) as your main lifts then adding "assistance" lifts that complements or has carry-over to your main lifts. (e.g. starting strength, 5x5 or 5/3/1)

Can you take a vid of your lifts and post it so that the we can critique i f there is something that needs to be corrected or not? As you already know small changes in form could go a long way when lifting heavy stuffs. :)

Also learn to have rest weeks after having long periods of lifting. remember you don't grow inside the gym you grow outside of it.
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    @bigboygori: tagal mo na problem yang chest mo bro pati yung routine mo. dami na nabigay sayong advice about that siguro 2 months ago. same advice lang din naman ang ibibigay sayo ngayon. ang kelangan mo ay sundin at gawin yung mga changes. kasi kung yun at yun pa din ang gagawin mo e wala mangyayari.
  • kuya badass_vinch binawasan ko na nga HAHA! sobra pa din ba?@DSmallDivide oo kuya etong nakaraan 2 buwan, sluggish at inaantok ako kadalasan bago ako mag buhat. Bakit ganun? Hindi pa naman ako matanda, 21 lang ako.

Ohhh, yung 5x5 na training pwede ko isingit yan kuya? Paano?

Sige ttry ko mag vid ng workout ko kuya, ipost ko dito asap.

Oo nga kuya, pero kasi pakiramdam ko parang kulang talaga yung ginagawa ko. Lalo na pag kinakapos ako matapos yung last rep, pag hindi ko matapos yung 6reps, naguguilty ako. Nakaka bwisit, hindi ako makapag hintay makapag workout next week para makita kung kaya ko na tapusin yung 6reps na hindi ko nakaya nung nakaraang week.@Yatez, eh kuya hindi ba ako hihina pag nag pahinga ako ng matagal? At kuya meron ba talagang CLEAN/DIRTY bulking? Diba pareho lang ang epekto nun?
    @gori

Look at my log andon lahat ng kinakain ko may "clean" at "dirty" foods don na kinakain ko ang importante lang naman dyan is to meet your protein and fat minimums here's the computation i do for the minimums

Bodyweight x 0.84 = Protein minimums (take note minimum so you can increase it)
    Bodyweight x 0.45 = Fat minimums for normal hormone production (take note ulit MINIMUM so you can increase it din)

When it comes to bulking "cleanly" find your maintenance calories then add between 100-500 calories to be in a surplus but it depends so you have to monitor your scale weight, what i do is i try to gain only a pound per week hope that helps :)

One week isn't enough for muscle athrophy sa deload just reduce your poundages to about 50% and gawin mo lang mga 8 reps (take note the purpose is recovery so dapat kinabukasan di ka nag kaka DOMs), if you feel na na "pump" mo yung muscle that you are targeting with that reduced weight it means you have a good mind to muscle connection practice lang ng practice and with the deload week you can add and practice new exercises into your routine such as front squats etc.
    if you are too sluggish before your workout you might have eaten way too much for your post w/ caused your insulin to spike too high w/c will obviously make you sleepy/sluggish. While I would agree that having a good pre WO meal will help to some degree, it doesn't mean that you have to eat a lot pre WO. And you still haven't answered my question about your post workout meal how much and what are the things you are eating post workout.

Hindi mo sya isisingit you'll have to ditch your current program entirely, and use a strength training program for the time being.

we will wait for your vids then.

Errr... may competition or karera ka bang sasalihan? Seems to me you are looking for a "quick fix" to make ends meet pagdating sa pagbubuhat.

You'll have to learn to be patient (consistency and tenacity too) when it comes to progress in the iron game it's not something you can achieve overnight in fact i think you already should know that considering your journey towards loosing weight coz i'm sure it didn't came easy for you didn't it? (unless i'm proven wrong otherwise). Same thing applies w/ gaining strength and lean mass.
  • @Yatez

Ohhhh, sige kuya I'll keep that in mind. Sa monday gawin ko na yung deload kuya. Salamat! :))@DSmallDivide

Eh kuya pwede ba mag workout ng walang laman ang tyan? Napanood ko dati sa video ng Hodge Twins, dahil sa fasting nila nag woworkout sila walang laman ang tyan.

Ang postworkout mean ko kuya, 8 hard boiled eggs, 2scoops ng ON nutrition + 2 scoops ng bear brand milk, 1 cup ng rice at kung ano yung ulam namin.

I see, pero gano ko katagal dapat gamitin kuya? At okay ba ang 5x5 strength training kuya?

Wala naman ako sasalihan kuya, pero kasi ang bagal na ng progress ko compared dati eh. Alam ko naman yun it takes time kuya.
    Pwede naman i know a some people who can workout fine w/ still on a fasted state (including me on "certain" days ) though in a strength perspective i would still encourage that you should have you pre WO meal before training though you'll have to minmize eating too much carbs pre WO just eat enough as it will cause insulin spike and will make you lethargic/sleepy right before you train. actually my take if you really want to have enough energy for your workouts especially if it's a squat of DL day, eat most of your carbs "the night before" your training day. then eat just enough for pre WO the day itself just don't forget to monitor calorie intake pa din.

As for your post workout meal that is where you "should" replenish your depleted energy uring training. when I say energy i mean eat more carbs post workout while it seems your post workout has lots of protein in it 1 cup of rice could only do so much when it comes to energy replenishment. for me post WO meal is more important in my opinion compared to pre WO meals. At least for my case it's what dictates whether i'll recover fast enough w/ my workouts. Try researching Peri-workout and carb back loading para mas malinawan ka of their purpose sa recovery and strength gain :) oh and if your shying away sa rice post workout dahil sa takot na tumaba ulit don't be. Rice ain't evil eating way too much is :)

As for strength training you can at least complete one cycle using the normal template then after one cycle if you think nakukulangan ka then you can try adding more exercises to the routine to tailor them to your needs/goals

About sa progress it is normal that we hit a wall it means only that we are about to reach our current limits so what you'll have to do is find a way to break through that limit by tweakign things (training, nutrition, lifting technique normally does the trick)
  • @DSmallDivide

Eh kuya marami ako nababasa ang sabi kapag gabi na daw or bago ka matulog at sobra ang carb intake mo, dahil hindi daw mabuburn yun ay mastore lang sya as fat?

Sa post workout meal, oo kuya may takot nga ako na baka pag sumobra ako sa kanin, bumalik ako sa dati. Kaya protein nalang dinadamihan ko. Mali ba yun kuya?

After nitong program ko kuya palitan ko strength training, tignan ko kung ano ang maging epekto sakin :)

Salamat sa reply kuya :D
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    Eh kuya marami ako nababasa ang sabi kapag gabi na daw or bago ka matulog at sobra ang carb intake mo, dahil hindi daw mabuburn yun ay mastore lang sya as fat?

Is Late Night Eating Better for Fat Loss and Health?

http://www.leangains.com/2011/06/is-late-night-eating-better-for-fat.html
    bigboygori wrote:
    @DSmallDivide

Sa post workout meal, oo kuya may takot nga ako na baka pag sumobra ako sa kanin, bumalik ako sa dati. Kaya protein nalang dinadamihan ko. Mali ba yun kuya?

After nitong program ko kuya palitan ko strength training, tignan ko kung ano ang maging epekto sakin :)

Salamat sa reply kuya :D

Hahaha i used to think like that too. but you must understand that we still burn calories even while at sleep lalo na kung madami kang lean mass sa katawan mo.

like i've said research about peri-workout and carb-backloading that should give you enough understanding how to eat properly. :)
  • HAHAHA! update lang mga kuya, ginawa ko yung payo ni sir Yatez at Badass_Vinch, deload at bawasan ang dami ng workout, effective! Ramdam ko na ulit every workout, bumalik na yung kaadikan ko kagaya noon! Nararamdaman kong malaking gains to bago mag summer! HOOOOHOOOO! Salamat PBB!
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    UPDATE NA THIS!
    Welcome back!
  • autumndylanautumndylan Posts: 148
    idol ko toh si Gori sa gym namen sa GYMAHOLIC. hahaha. pag nagbuhat yan, beastmode talaga kalampag lahat ng plates!

PS: ayaw po namen mag abs.haha.

miss ko na mag gym sa gymaholic brad!

cheers