Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! I'm Patrick and i'm new to this forum. I don't take any supplements, and I'm on Jason Blaha's 5x5 I made this account so I can get in touch with the Filipino fitness community. I look forward to meeting new people, and making a lot of new friends :)

Sincerely,
Patrick

Comments

• Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Welcome Bro!

Ang dami ng nag claim ng 5x5 program ni Bill Star! lol
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    welcome!

Sincerely,
    monching
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Sino si Jason Blaha? Haha Welcome
  • welcome san ka sa cavite?
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Welcome Bro!

Hello! It's nice to meet you :) Hindi pare, you misunderstand. Haha. It's his own program.

It's a program, based on 5x5. It just has more accessory and isolation movements. It also has more direct Bicep and Tricep work. :)
    welcome san ka sa cavite?

Sa Imus po. :)
    allen101 wrote:
    Sino si Jason Blaha? Haha Welcome

Jason Blaha is a member of the YouTube fitness community :)

Ito ang YouTube channel niya if you're interested :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamFitness?feature=watch
  • sayang kala ko sa molino ka yayain sana kita mag gym.. ayos yang edad mo pag palo mo ng 18 ewan ko lng kung ganu kasarap college life mo ahaha!!
  • sayang kala ko sa molino ka yayain sana kita mag gym.. ayos yang edad mo pag palo mo ng 18 ewan ko lng kung ganu kasarap college life mo ahaha!!

Malayo po yun kasi sir :( Pero if ever one day may meet up yung buong forum I'll be happy to go :) Nag-start po ako just before I turned 14. I was lucky, making good gains just messing around (160 then cut to 140. Maintained it for 6 months then currently bulking to 175)
  • oo nga e layo na, good to hear that at your age nahiligan muna mag gym goodluck sa goals... gawa kna ng journal mo
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Welcome Bro!

Hello! It's nice to meet you :) Hindi pare, you misunderstand. Haha. It's his own program.

It's a program, based on 5x5. It just has more accessory and isolation movements. It also has more direct Bicep and Tricep work. :)

He just modified an already existing training program that was formulated years ago so there's no way that he can claim it as his own by placing his name on it. Parang yung 5x5 ni Mehdi kaya di ako bilib sa ugok na yun.
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Welcome Bro!

He just modified an already existing training program that was formulated years ago so there's no way that he can claim it as his own by placing his name on it. Parang yung 5x5 ni Mehdi kaya di ako bilib sa ugok na yun.

Yeah, the original 5x5 was formulated years ago. It's HIS version of the 5x5, and he doesn't claim it to be better than the original 5x5. I just use it because it has more direct arm work :) Besides, there are tons of programs based on the 5x5 anyway :)
    I just have this thing against people who bastardize other training programs by adding a lot of unneccessary stuffs in it then placing their name on it. Merely copy cats. He should just call it Jason Bla-blah's more direct arm training program.

If this guys is good then he should have been known by the weightlifting community.
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    I just have this thing against people who bastardize other training programs by adding a lot of unneccessary stuffs in it then placing their name on it. Merely copy cats. He should just call it Jason Bla-blah's more direct arm training program.

If this guys is good then he should have been known by the weightlifting community.

I understand. Well, it gives the program a more bodybuilding feel, instead of just powelifting. Well, he's new to the YouTube fitness community, and I think half a million video views and 7k subscribers kind of makes him well known, IMO.

Here's his YT page:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/IceCreamFitness?feature=g-high-c
    If his name is at par with say Mark Rippetoe, Charles Staley, Louie Simmons, to name a few, then he's well known and most especially RESPECTED.

Having 500k clicks and some random subscribers on the interwebz doesn't make you "well known" in this kind of sport.

Just my opininon Bro.
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    If his name is at par with say Mark Rippetoe, Charles Staley, Louie Simmons, to name a few, then he's well known and most especially RESPECTED.

Having 500k clicks and some random subscribers on the interwebz doesn't make you "well known" in this kind of sport.

Just my opininon Bro.

I agree to some extent. Yeah, he's far off from being on par with someone like Mark Rippetoe. I'm just doing his program because my arms are lagging and soon enough I'll be on 5/3/1