Become a freak! Eat extensive loads of food

[size=medium]Para sa mga takot lumaki tiyan, at sa takot lumaki at lumakas.[/size]

Yeah, that's why your small!

This is one of the articles I read from the past that really motivated me to eat, eat and eat!

If you want to gain weight, you have to eat! If you want to get past those tags of being a hard gainer then keep reading. I've put together some eating tips on helping you achieve mass gains. Get started... right here!

If you want to gain weight, you have to eat! If you want to get past those tags of being a hard gainer then keep reading. I’ve put together some eating tips on helping you achieve mass gains. Get started... right here!
By: Curtis Schultz
Aug 11, 2006

You're reading this because you are one of many who are trying to get answers. The answers to putting on weight (quality weight and size). Well, it's right in front of you. EAT! I can't tell you any simpler. You need to eat more quality foods and lots of protein. But, like most things in life, it takes hard work, dedication and intensity to eat the amount of food you need to get lean, strong and add size.

So if you're looking for that quick fix answer, listen to some wannabe small personal trainer who thinks they know what it takes to get big. But, if you want to get past those tags of being a hard gainer and want the facts then keep reading.

[size=small]
Becoming A Freak
[/size]

If you want to gain weight, you have to eat with the same intensity as you train. Just how important are your meals to gain? Let me put it to you this way. If you don't eat and pound down the protein you might as well forget about lifting all together. Eating is important to gain quality mass.

When I went off to college, I was a 200-pound linebacker, but because of injuries on the team I was asked to play offensive guard.

I started lifting weights with my Hawaiian roommates and we ate big meals at every sitting. At season's end I was 215 lbs. My bench press and squat increased as well. Now, how many football players do you know who gain weight during the season? We lifted weights, played football and ate buckets of food. Oh yeah, went to school somewhere in there. Simple stuff, Hugh?

You have to grasp that body building nutrition has certain guidelines, but if you are a serious bodybuilder, you will apply them to your own needs. Gaining weight is work, just like dieting is. I've met many bodybuilders that have a problem gaining weight and quality size in the off-season.

My wife was that way. Why? Well, it's hard. Just like competition dieting takes dedication and focus so does gaining off-season bulk. First, just like you should be planning your workouts and writing them down in your journal; so should you be planning out your meals. So, sit down, grab a pad and pen, and write down a meal plan schedule.

Every 3 Hour Plan:

A plan that you can stay with. You need to try and get at least six meals in, every single day. Or, basically, to play it safe, you must eat every 3 hours. Period! Some say eat only during the time you are awake. I say, yeah right and miss a window of opportunity to get BIG. I don't think so.

Set the alarm to get up in the middle of your sleep time and take in a protein shake. Yes, rest is probably the next most important item in gaining size after training and eating but either do what I'm telling you or miss an opportunity for growth. Stay on an eating schedule and try and never deviate from it.

Why so strict? Well, if you eat everyday at 6 a.m., right after a.m. cardio, then you miss that meal, you're body will start to cannibalize your hard-earned muscles. Again, as stated about taking large amounts of protein and eating in the middle of the night some so-called experts will tell you not to do those things, and I say, yeah that's why you're small. During sleep, your body is essentially starving and cannibalizing muscle. So feed it.

Supplements:

Now that you grasped the importance of eating every 3 hours let's talk about protein, calories, and fat. Now, that's where your supplements come in.

Protein:

Your bulking diet should be high protein, moderate carbs, and moderate fat. Always maintain 2g protein per pound of bodyweight.

I am a firm believer and so is the science that built Team Biohazard products that high protein diets are best for growth. Protein is the most important element in muscle development and getting the right amount of amino acids in the lymph is important - be sure to take in protein with every meal.

Have you heard this before? If you are eating 200g a protein a day and then go to 400g how is your body going to be able to metabolize it? It'll probably crap half of it out. You heard that before haven't you? Well, again, that's why they're small. I am 5'9" 280 pounds and eat combined with shakes 500 grams of protein a day. Yep! And I'm not on the toilet every three hours either. Like some so-called experts proclaim.

Calories:

Now, let's look at calories. I would gradually increase calories a week. It is hard to eat so much food so you better take your time, and eat in small increments. Build up gradually. Everyone asks this: what should I eat? What "kinds" of food should I eat? Well, damn, let's see. How about pizza, ice cream, and cakes. That should do it.

Come on, use your common sense, oh yeah; most people don't have any common sense. People want results but don't do what they really need to do. They ask you questions but brush your answers off because they are not what they want to hear. I always get asked what is that exercise you're doing? What's it for? I've never seen that before what is it for?

Or, my favorite: how do I get my bench bigger? Then I ask myself:

"Why the hell did you ask me
if you're not going to do what I told you?"
In bodybuilding or a sport like football it takes time be successful, to find out what works and what doesn't. But, you have to push that time envelope into your timetable not the world's timetable.

Now back to our food. There are a lot of good choices. My preference for protein is lean beef, turkey and chicken. But I also eat a ton of eggs and some fish on occasion. I also happen to depend on protein powders. Get most of your protein from whole foods first and use supplements for the rest, as it is hard to slam all that food down all the time.

As for carbs, I've learned that my body doesn't like pasta, rice, bread and other starches. That sucks because I love my Captain Crunch cereals. So, instead I chow on oatmeal and old-fashioned whole oats which is also a good source of fiber. I also eat sweet potatoes, mixed vegetables and broccoli.

The Cost Of Size:

Here is something no one tells you. It takes bucks (money) to get BIG! Have you ever noticed how expensive it is to eat "clean?" But if you want to eat junk, you're food bill is a lot lower. Go figure. I guess our government wants us to be lazy and fat. A bodybuilder's diet is expensive. Who cares! For hardcore freaky status we do what we have to do to achieve greatness.

Check Out Some Great Money Saving Articles Here.

Most people think it's all about steroids. It's not. It's about training, how you train, and nutrition (how you are eating, and supplementation). If you got the guts to make the journey into the fields of mass production then, in no time, you'll no longer be a hard gainer.

Conclusion

Remember bodybuilding is a science. So, if you're looking to take your physique to the next level, this is what you do. Analyze. And re-analyze. When it comes to nutrition, most are uneducated. But, if you want to be huge and strong then stop asking questions and take my advice. Hardcore training and eating with proper nutrition combined with monthly supplements, will help your gains come fast and intense. So, eat, and give me one more rep!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz70.htm

Comments

• Have you heard this before? If you are eating 200g a protein a day and then go to 400g how is your body going to be able to metabolize it? It'll probably crap half of it out. You heard that before haven't you? Well, again, that's why they're small. I am 5'9" 280 pounds and eat combined with shakes 500 grams of protein a day. Yep! And I'm not on the toilet every three hours either. Like some so-called experts proclaim.

Here is something no one tells you. It takes bucks (money) to get BIG! Have you ever noticed how expensive it is to eat "clean?" But if you want to eat junk, you're food bill is a lot lower. Go figure. I guess our government wants us to be lazy and fat. A bodybuilder's diet is expensive. Who cares! For hardcore freaky status we do what we have to do to achieve greatness.

500g of protein! andami hehehehe! madaming pera sigurado yan
  • miguelmiguel Posts: 895
    sana may kamag anak akong mangingisda o may poultry or farm para di ko problema ang protina ahhaha
  • RhodRhod Posts: 69
    talaga? in the middle of your deep sleep, gigising para mag supplement? sorry ha. I disagree.
    ^iba iba naman ang mga gagana sa bawat individual hindi naman ata ito general, kumbaga it works to certain people..
    para sakin yung part na gigising sa pagtulog para uminom ng protein shake hindi ko gagawin yun para makarecover fully ang katawan ko.. angsarap kaya matulog ng derecho haha
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    For me, madame akong nde sinasang ayunan dito, lalo na ung pag gising, mas mainam ang complte at drtsong tulog kesa puputulin mo nde kana makakatulog ult, 500grms protein lolz..
    ^agree
    sarap matulog ng derecho na pagising mo pakiramdam mo hari ka ng berbanya
    Chaka may mali din dto eh, when in bulking you will need fats carbs and protein, nde ung protein lng madame, 3hr plan? More than 6 meals? Pati fasted training ibg sbhn it will eat your muscles? Bs. Lolz.
    mero tayong tinatawag na sleep cycle. Stages 1 to 4 and then REM. Stages 3 and 4 are the deep sleep stages. Dito narere-pair ang muslces natin. pag na disrupt itong cycle na ito, babalik ka nanaman sa stage 1. di nga rin advisable ang alarm clock. your body will know when to wake up. pag nataon na nasa stage 3 or 4 ka at nag set ang alarm, masakit sa ulo pag gising. tapos, ma interrupt rin yung muscle repair.

note: idea ko lang po ito. i am not against the argument given in the article. perhaps there's science behind the information provided. still, i would not follow it. i still believe in a good sleep without interruption.
    ^tama ka sir wendell.. nabasa ko na yang tungkol sa cycles ng sleep na yan kasi shinare ito ng isang member dito..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126977823&page=1

pero sa tingin ko ang pinakukunin ko lang na info sa article na to is "to eat big to get big" :sport::sport::sport::sport::sport:
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Hahaha. Oo exage na kasi siya masiyado.
    Well ayoko na lang siya kontrahin kung gumagana naman sa kaniya yang ginagawa niya baka masabihan din ako ng "Yeah, that's why you're small!" Hahaha.
    Basta tuloy ko lang kung ano ginagawa ko.

Di din ako gigising para uminom ng protein shake lol sarap sarap matulog lalo na ngayon malamiiiiiiiiiiiiiig!

Like I said above,
    "This is one of the articles I read from the past that really motivated me to eat, eat and eat! "

Pang motivate sa mga taong takot lumaki tiyan, but doesn't mean na do exactly what he says. Hehe.
    miguel wrote:
    ^tama ka sir wendell.. nabasa ko na yang tungkol sa cycles ng sleep na yan kasi shinare ito ng isang member dito..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126977823&page=1

pero sa tingin ko ang pinakukunin ko lang na info sa article na to is "to eat big to get big" :sport::sport::sport::sport::sport:

You got it bro!
    No more, no less! Yun lang idea jan.
  • redred Posts: 753
    Hmmm habang binabasa ko to, lalo ako ginanahan kumain, to the point na kaka-kain ko lang kaninang 12 eh maya2 baba ako para bumili ng 2 regular yum at pagsasamahin yung 2 patty LOL ... but yung regarding sa tulog, siya na lang gumawa nun. haha ... ang hirap gumising para uminom ng shake, dahil baka mahirapan nang matulog ulit dahil mawawala yung antok.

@Rhod - i agree, na eexperience ko yang sinasabi mo na dahil sa ingay ng alarm clock eh magigising ka ng masakit ang ulo.

but overall, for me, still ...this article is a good motivator para kumain ng kumain ... maging mapili na lang sa iaabsorb na information =)
  • harleyyyharleyyy Posts: 211
    ako problema ko sa bulking, hindi yung paglaki ng tiyan, wala ako problema dun. hell, i could lose it in about a couple of months. what i fear is the dreaded double-chin gene, i don't even know if i could lose it as fast as i know i could lose body fat around my belly. haha. either way, that's the price to pay if i want some maskels, so kain lang ng kain, which brings me to the other problem: ang sakit sa bulsa. haha cheers
    Wow buti ka pa hindi mo problema ang tiyan, ako number 1 yan. Kahit nung payat pa ko may tiyan na ko hehehe.
    Lahi din kasi namin nyahaha
  • harleyyyharleyyy Posts: 211
    allen101 wrote:
    Wow buti ka pa hindi mo problema ang tiyan, ako number 1 yan. Kahit nung payat pa ko may tiyan na ko hehehe.

haha. para kasi sakin sir mabilis lang magcut ng belly fat. ako naman nasa lahi namin yung double-chin, payat na may double chin ako nung nagsimula ako mag-gym. ngayon payat na may double chin at belly fat na. haha
    pero sa 2yrs experience ko, para lumake ng tama, i mean instead of gaining 70% 30% muscle,

lalo na sa calorie sensitive na katawan gaya sakin, dapat wise bulking ka din, nandun nako sa eat whats infront of you,

pero pano kung panay delata? junk foods? chocolates and worsT softdrinks. what you think you will gain? ahehehe!
    harleyyy wrote:
    allen101 wrote:

haha. para kasi sakin sir mabilis lang magcut ng belly fat. ako naman nasa lahi namin yung double-chin, payat na may double chin ako nung nagsimula ako mag-gym. ngayon payat na may double chin at belly fat na. haha

Hehe good for you. Sakin kasi hindi, kaya ingat ako ng onti sa mga kinakain ko.
    sarap naman yan, bilis mawalan ng belly fats. kamusta muscles sir pag nag cut ka?
    allen101 wrote:

paps allen parehas pala tayo ng problema eh hahaha
  • red wrote:
    maging mapili na lang sa iaabsorb na information =)

+1
    red wrote:
    maging mapili na lang sa iaabsorb na information =)

+1

Ito po ang pagkaka-alam ko sa mga na-research ko.

Kung weight gain ka, kailangan mo ng calorie surplus. TOO MUCH IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD. May hangganan ng surplus na pwede mong idagdag. The thing is, iba-iba ang katawan natin; thus, iba-iba ang needed calories.

CALORIES
    Paano ba natin malalaman ang recommended daily caloric intake? This is another tricky question. Marami sa internet na makikitang calorie intake calculator. Hanapin niyo na lang. Ang kaso, iba-iba ang result. Just identify the common range ng results na makikita niyo. Try this, this, or this. Baka meron pa kayong makitang iba na mas reliable. After this, dahil weight gain/muscle building ang habol, add 250 to 500 calories. Ito daw yung healthy surplus.

Example, ang recommended calorie intake ko ay 2500.
    so, 2500 + 300 (ok na tong surplus na to para sa akin) = 2800 calories/day

PROTEIN
    Next, alamin niyo kung ilang grams of protein ang kailangan niyo everyday. Sa mga nabasa ko, halos nag-aagree na sa average male who wants to build muscle, dapat 1 to 1.5 g of protein per pound of body weight.

Example, 1.5 g protein x 136 lbs = 204 g protein

Question: Ilang calories meron sa 204 g protein?
    1 g protein = 4 cal
    Thus, 204 g protein x 4 cal/1 g = 816 cal from protein

So sa 2800 cal/day ko, 816 cal dun ay para sa protein.

2800 cal - 816 cal = 1984 cal (Saan ko makukukha to???)

FAT
    Dito papasok ang fat. Particularly ang monounsaturated/polyunsaturated fat (a little bit of saturated fat but never trans fat). Di porke fat ay magiging taba instead of muscle. Di ganoon ang katawan natin. Ipo-process pa yan sa katawan natin.

Gaano karaming fat?
    Answer: 20% to 30% of calorie intake ang recommended

Example, 2800 cal/day x 20% = 560 cal of fat
    Kaso, ilang grams ba dapat?
    1 g fat = 9 cal fat

Thus, 560 cal fat x 1 g/9 cal = 62 g fat ang dapat makain ko everyday

816 cal protein + 560 cal fat + ??? = 2500 cal

Kulang pa. Saan ko pa makukuha yung extra calories?

CARBOHYDRATES
    Madali na lang macompute to.

2500 cal/day - 816 cal protein - 560 cal fat = 1424 cal carbs

Ang tanong, ilang grams?

1 g carb = 4 cal

Thus, 1424 cal carbs x 1 g/4 cal = 356 g carbs

Ayan na. Alam ko na kung gaano karami ang kailang ko to gain weight/build muscle.

204 g protein
    62 g fat
    356 g carbs

Ang kailangan ko na lang gawin ay tingnan yung Nutrition Facts sa bawat kinakain ko at mag compute.

Pero syempre kailangang sabayan ng exercise and rest. Otherwise, pagdating sa processing, maco-convert itong mga ito as fats instead of muscles.

Ang sole purpose kasi ng katawan natin is to survive its environment. To gain muscles, we have to trick it. We have to exercise para mapunit ang muscle etc. Pag mangyari to, kailangang mag adapt ng katawan. Thus, yung surplus na nacompute natin ang gagamitin to build more muscles. So next time na magbuhat, makakasurvive ang katawan natin. Thus, kailangang mas mabigat na buhat ulit para ma-trick ulit ang katawan natin na nahihirapan. The cycle goes on.

Syempre hindi lang ito ang kailangan. Dapat maraming water intake din to flush out toxins. Vitamins din kailangan. Etc.

Medyo mahirap talaga. Pero kaya natin to.

(Warning: The data I have presented are not absolute. The examples given are just approximations of my personal recommended calorie intake (protein, fat, and carbohydrates). These may not work for others. I will hot be held liable for any misinformation as these were taken from my own research and interpretation. If you would like to refute the given data, please do so in a professional manner. Sensitib ako. Hahaha).
  • redred Posts: 753
    +1 sa effort haha malaking tulong to
    miguel wrote:
    allen101 wrote:

paps allen parehas pala tayo ng problema eh hahaha

Actually hindi, walang wala yung sayo sa problema ko hehe.
    Saw your pic.