ZMA vs Melatonin in promoting better sleep?

I just came across an article saying that ZMA promotes good sleep, muscle growth and testosterone levels.

Has anyone used ZMA and attest if it does promote a a good sleep? I am currently using ON Melatonin which also promotes sleep but I find the benefits of ZMA more appealing because it increases testosterone.

MELATONIN:

Melatonin is a hormone produced in the body and secreted at night. Taken as a dietary supplement, it is designed to help combat lack of sleep and may be useful for jet-lag.* N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine, or melatonin, is hormone produced naturally by the body in the pineal gland of the brain. The release of melatonin correlates with the body's cycle of day and night. The highest levels of the hormone are produced at night. Trace amounts of melatonin appears in foods.

Melatonin may play an essential role in sleeping and immune system deficiencies.* As light inhibits its production, and darkness stimulates it, melatonin regulates the body's internal clock. Double blind research suggests that this hormone helps people sleep, shortens the number of awakenings in the night, and improves the quality of sleep.* It is also very useful in treating jet lag, as it promotes quicker recovery from that "out of it" stage one may experience after extended periods of flight.* Research has also suggested that having enough melatonin exhibits positive psychological benefits on a person's mood, while a lack of melatonin corresponds to anxiety, fatigue, and hostility

ZMA:

A synergistic combination of Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, and Vitamin B6 may significantly increase anabolic hormone levels and muscle strength in well-trained athletes.* The novel Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate formula may also help to support endurance, growth and restful sleep.*

Beyond The Basics
Contains the PATENTED BLEND of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6
May Increase Testosterone Levels and Muscle Strength in Well-Trained Athletes*
May Offer Even Better Results When Stacked with Creatine, Glutamine, HMB, or Other Strength & Recovery Products*

Comments

• sir saan nakakabili nyan hirap po ako sa pag tulog para talaga akong may insomia
  • seanzyvilleseanzyville Posts: 122
    CnC siguro meron or http://goo.gl/zXgDw
  • 197lbs197lbs Posts: 331
    melatonin or valerian root extract
  • ProlevelzProlevelz Posts: 1,162
    e tra-try ko talaga yang melatonin,.. pag nagkataon...
  • tol saging before bedtime...may amino acid xang tryptophan na nacoconvert sa dopamine isang anti stress na hormone...masarap tulog mo nyan
  • El-bad4ssEl-bad4ss Posts: 265
    tol saging before bedtime...may amino acid xang tryptophan na nacoconvert sa dopamine isang anti stress na hormone...masarap tulog mo nyan

ilang sakong saging kelangan kainin para umepek?
  • ProlevelzProlevelz Posts: 1,162
    anong klasing saging????
  • cigano_23cigano_23 Posts: 35
    mga sir ilang mg ng zma ginagawa nyo? ako 300mg wa effect sakin
  • sevenstringsevenstring Posts: 903
    2 or 3 caps on empty stomach
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    Damn, I have a f*cked up sleep pattern going on for more than a year now... My strength gains are zig-zag in pattern coz of muscle loss induced by lack of sleep

Can these supplements really help ?
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    nrg500 wrote:
    Damn, I have a f*cked up sleep pattern going on for more than a year now... My strength gains are zig-zag in pattern coz of muscle loss induced by lack of sleep

Can these supplements really help ?

yep! using this before nung nasa call center ako, hirap ako matulog ng tanghali eh.
  • JapoLiftsJapoLifts Posts: 15
    Call center boy din ako, parang mas maganda ang Melatonin. Gano kalakas magandang starting dosage? Para lang maiwasan yung dependence at yung tipong overdosage.