Newbie, need advice on my split THanks

current split ko po ay chest/tri, shoulder/bi, back/legs then rest then repeat the cycle. bali 3 months ko na po yang ginagawa. Need ko po sana ng suggestions sa inyo, thanks.

Comments

• dr3wdr3w Posts: 9
    amazing1 wrote:
    current split ko po ay chest/tri, shoulder/bi, back/legs then rest then repeat the cycle. bali 3 months ko na po yang ginagawa. Need ko po sana ng suggestions sa inyo, thanks.

what's your goal bro? muscle gain, fat loss or strength?

• gutz_3110gutz_3110 Posts: 79
    dr3w wrote:
    amazing1 wrote:

OT: pag fat loss, ano magandang split? o better pag whole body?

• zanezane Posts: 963
    gutz_3110 wrote:
    dr3w wrote:
    amazing1 wrote:

fat loss will be dictated by your diet and not by your routine.
  • amazing1amazing1 Posts: 12
    lean muscle gain po, kaya ko po natanong kasi baka naoover train ako kaya parang nababagalan ako s strength improvement as well as gaining. Thanks
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    12weeks ka palang sir nag ggym, pano mo nasabing nababagalan ka sa strength mo? baka naman kulang nutrition mo?
    amazing1 wrote:
    lean muscle gain po, kaya ko po natanong kasi baka naoover train ako kaya parang nababagalan ako s strength improvement as well as gaining. Thanks

Sorry to have more questions but its important to gauge your current state before I give recommendations.

1. How long have you been training?
    2. Are you following a nutrition plan?
    3. How much do you weigh? What's your 1RM squat?

In any case, 4 training sessions a week shouldn't overtrain you if you're eating enough. Although. every body will have a different benchmark to overtraining and at the end of the day, if you feel you are overtraining, there's a high chance you are. You can either still lift 4x a week,scaling down the weights you use for 2 weeks to recover or if you've been training heavy for 3 months, rest for a week then go back to your training program. That should give your body enough time to recover without losing any of the strength you've built.

FYI. Training for lean muscle growth is different for training for strength. Let us know which you choose and I can recommend a program for either.

Have fun and keep at it!
    gutz_3110 wrote:
    dr3w wrote:
    amazing1 wrote:

I agree with Zane that fat loss is deeply rooted in your nutrition. I say this for a fact because i've tried all sorts of workouts and supplements and didnt change my discipline in eating and got nowhere.

Although, based from my experience, the best lifts to have the body keep most of its muscle mass while dieting would be to lift heavy, focusing on compound movements (squats, deads, bench) then having a 3x per week whole body split. This forces the body to hang on to most of the muscle as it will think its in danger and is required to lift heavy weights to survive causing it to adapt and choose not to lose hard earned muscle while still tapping fat sources (if you have your nutrition plan set).

Depending on your bodyweight, a safe bet is to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week. Find out what works for you from a nutrition approach and just continue working out. Most often than not, you'll succeed with most of the workout programs you already know if you have a solid diet plan.

Have fun sir!
    gutz_3110 wrote:
    dr3w wrote:
    amazing1 wrote:

I agree with Zane that fat loss is deeply rooted in your nutrition. I say this for a fact because i've tried all sorts of workouts and supplements and didnt change my discipline in eating and got nowhere.

Although, based from my experience, the best lifts to have the body keep most of its muscle mass while dieting would be to lift heavy, focusing on compound movements (squats, deads, bench) then having a 3x per week whole body split. This forces the body to hang on to most of the muscle as it will think its in danger and is required to lift heavy weights to survive causing it to adapt and choose not to lose hard earned muscle while still tapping fat sources (if you have your nutrition plan set).

Depending on your bodyweight, a safe bet is to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week. Find out what works for you from a nutrition approach and just continue working out. Most often than not, you'll succeed with most of the workout programs you already know if you have a solid diet plan.

Have fun sir!
    12weeks ka palang sir nag ggym, pano mo nasabing nababagalan ka sa strength mo? baka naman kulang nutrition mo?

bali 6months n po ako nagggym bali kasi nung mga 1st 3 months chest/bi shoulder tri tas repeat alternate lng wlang pahinga .gnun ung gngwa ko kasi wla ko, akala ko kasi na kapag araw araw mas maganda magiging result na mali pala.
    dr3w wrote:
    amazing1 wrote:

Sorry to have more questions but its important to gauge your current state before I give recommendations.

1. How long have you been training?
    2. Are you following a nutrition plan?
    3. How much do you weigh? What's your 1RM squat?

In any case, 4 training sessions a week shouldn't overtrain you if you're eating enough. Although. every body will have a different benchmark to overtraining and at the end of the day, if you feel you are overtraining, there's a high chance you are. You can either still lift 4x a week,scaling down the weights you use for 2 weeks to recover or if you've been training heavy for 3 months, rest for a week then go back to your training program. That should give your body enough time to recover without losing any of the strength you've built.

FYI. Training for lean muscle growth is different for training for strength. Let us know which you choose and I can recommend a program for either.

Have fun and keep at it!
    gutz_3110 wrote:
    dr3w wrote:
    amazing1 wrote:

Have fun sir!
    gutz_3110 wrote:
    dr3w wrote:
    amazing1 wrote:

Have fun sir!

6 months training na po halos. 3months ko na po gngwa ung split n yan bali parang minsan 6 times a week ako nggym just repeating that split. ahm magkaiba po ba ung strength training and gaining lean mscle, akala ko den po kasi kapag ng heavy ka plge mas mtaas ang chance na lumakas ako. thnksthanks po pala sa mga concern
  • toysuki07toysuki07 Posts: 1,049
    na try mo na ba sir yung 5x5 or yung Sean N. program?
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    6x a week? wawa naman muscles mo walang pahinga.... pano sila mag sisilake?
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    Wala ka ding back at legs?
  • NiceTry333NiceTry333 Posts: 326
    6x a week O_O
    di ba parang masakit na yun XD~
  • ipisipis Posts: 223
    hardcore 'to ah. hahahaha.
    @ amazing - given your responses, i think you could be over trained. depending on your nutrition before, it is highly possible your muscles are not getting enough rest to rebuild. if you've been lifting heavy for 6 months, most of the muscle fibers you've recruited are those associated with lifting heavy. IMO, try taking a week or 2 off from lifting then go back and experiment with microcycle routines (sample - Neil Hill's Y3T)
    thanks po sa inyong mga reply. ganun po kasi ung ginagawa nung mga nagGGYM samin kaya prang ginaya ko lang.

@sir dr3w thank u sir ttry ko po yan