Can anyone suggest a muscle building program

I'm 40y/o, M, 176 lbs 5'7.. My plan is to go to gym every Monday Wed And Fri. Can you guys suggest a muscle building program for me?Dati na po ako nagbubuhat ng barbells and dumbells pero nag enrol ako sa gym last Monday.. Pang Upper Body sana kasi malaki naman hita ko dahil nagbabadminton ako.. Thanks!

Comments

• nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    Sir, start with compound exercises

Monday
    1. squat - 2 sets of 7 reps
    2. leg press - 1 set of 7 reps
    3. stiff leg dead lift - 3 sets of 7 reps
    4. standing calf raises - 3 sets of 12 reps
    5. crunches - 3 sets of 12 reps

Wednesday
    1. inclined bench press - 2 sets of 7 reps
    2. flat bench press - 2 sets of 7 reps
    3. declined bench press - 2 sets of 7 reps
    4. seated overhead dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 7 reps

Friday
    1. lateral pull down - 2 sets of 7 reps
    2. one arm dumbbell row - 2 sets of 7 reps
    3. dead lift - 2 sets of 7 reps
    4. barbell shrug - 3 sets of 12 reps
    5. standing alternate dumbbell curl - 3 sets of 7 reps
  • sir kung puede sana wala muna yun sa pang lower kasi ok naman yun lower ko e..sorry di ko po nasabi na may history ako ng slipped disk kaya mukhang di puede sa akin yun squat.. Nun monday kasi puro machine yun pinagamit sa akin.. thank you!
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    sir, you can substitute the leg press machine exercise for the squat

the leg press isolates the quadriceps

try to avoid dead lifts, too
  • Thanks!Will start this prog tomorrow
  • sinoako?sinoako? Posts: 21
    upper body lang po ba,,..
    suggest ko to sa inyo..

chest:
    workout 1
    - incline bench press 5 sets 8 to 15 reps.
    - flat bench press 5 sets 8 to 15 reps.
    - dumbbell pullover 5 sets 10 to 12 reps.
    (mas ok kung unahin mo ung incline. at wag muna kayo mag decline at iwasan nyo rin gumamit ng mga machine for chest.)

back:
    - lat pulldown (front) 5 sets 8 to 15 reps
    - reverse lat pulldown 5 sets 8 to 15 reps
    - cable row 3 sets 10 to 12 reps
    - dumbbell pullover 3 sets 10 to 12 reps

shoulder :
    - military press 5 sets 8 to 15 reps
    - dumbbell bent lateral raise 5 sets 8 to 15 reps
    - dumbbell side lateral raise 5 sets 8 to 15 reps
    - barbell shrugs 5 sets 8 to 15 reps

chest:
    workout 2
    - dumbbell incline bench press 5 sets 8 to 15reps
    - dumbbell flat bench press 5 sets 8 to 15 reps
    - dumbbell flys 5 sets 8 to 15 reps.

always use pyramid sets.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 3
    HI guys,,,,
    Don't start muscles program in start.. Initially just take some exercise and starts running....
    If you start muscles building without running and normal exercise then muscles building can be dangerous for your health...
  • jonel003jonel003 Posts: 31
    Corwin wrote:
    HI guys,,,,
    Don't start muscles program in start.. Initially just take some exercise and starts running....
    If you start muscles building without running and normal exercise then muscles building can be dangerous for your health...

how?.. why run first?
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Corwin wrote:
    HI guys,,,,

Say Wut?!? :huh:
    gelhanmeen wrote:
    I'm 40y/o, M, 176 lbs 5'7.. My plan is to go to gym every Monday Wed And Fri. Can you guys suggest a muscle building program for me?Dati na po ako nagbubuhat ng barbells and dumbells pero nag enrol ako sa gym last Monday.. Pang Upper Body sana kasi malaki naman hita ko dahil nagbabadminton ako.. Thanks!

Google Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe, this is a good starting point. Having developed legs is not an excuse for you not to train legs.

What do you think is the biggest muscle group supports your upper body?
  • gelhanmeen wrote:

Stick to the basics use compound movements dont rush things on using split programs. if you can squat 300 pounds that the time you can split it up, dont use pro bodybuilders program its not suited to you, you might injured yourself. in your case you want only upper part of your body use this workout:

Bench Press
    Bent over rows
    Shoulder Press
    Curls
    Pushdown
    Wrist curls
    Abs :P
  • donbuhdonbuh Posts: 3,164
    sir if your slipped disk is not yet treated better avoid back exercises that will cause you more trouble...consult your doctor also about this..i think he may not recommend weight exercises...
  • donbuh wrote:
    sir if your slipped disk is not yet treated better avoid back exercises that will cause you more trouble...consult your doctor also about this..i think me may not recommend weight exercises...

I agree to that!
  • Thanks sa mga nag reply..From 82kls down to 70 kls with out losing muscles.kita na abs ko.:)) i want to gain more musles without gaining fats kasi ayoko lumaki tyan ko.san po ba puedd magpost ng pic?
  • zanezane Posts: 963
    ^ser dun sa personal journals section. feel free to create your own thread. :cool: