Detour For Transformation ni Itlog365days

:sport: What the mind conceives definitely the body achieves.

A year and a half ago before I started having the guts in devouring the indulgence of Iron-life, I weighed 102lbs, that was roughly half way on my third year in college. I am an ectomorph, having that typical ectomorphic body who I know everyone wouldn't like with it's cliched tag 'Oh pare ang gitara mong katawan'. I am a hardgainer. I tried all sorts of multivitamins and food to devour, but none of those worked, still I was on that dreaded body shape and look. Then sometime last year an eyeopener came, as I was indeed motivated to indulge in banging weights. I had this questions of how will I be reaching that dreamed physique of a bodybuilder and of a male model, that drove me to research and research and finally became a lurker in pbb and pex. There I met Iron enthusiasts who have the heart to share the blessings of their expertise to newbies, and so I started to build that courage in pursuing those dreams. I started of with whole body program made by the instructor in our gym. Put my heart, placed all my determination, imposed the discipline of attaining a goal, broke my circadian rhythm to research more of the how's of the proper form of executing bodybuilding exercise jargon which were all new to me, and found suggested and recommended programs which on the process I didn't follow as influenced by our gym instructors that I should focus and utilize what they have made for me, and so I did. As i continue having the consistency in lifting, eating, and resting I gradually see changes in my weight, started to supplement my training from other sources of nutrition, often changes my programs until I reached this weight 130lbs. But that was entirely in a nutshell just to give you background. From the day I started lifted weights till yesterday, I must say it was a trial and error Iron-life. I know Iron-life would forever be a process of trial and error after one program was used, another would be founded and be used and soon would be tagged as part of the error you committed.
Today, was my 1st day of Max-ot program which I've read and researched here in pbb guided by Ser monching and by other journals posted here. This journal was also been pushed my Ser mon for me to have a place for progress updates and thread for learning from the suggestions and recommendations to be given by the Master Moderators/Mentors here in pbb. I'm looking forward to learn more from here.
This day is the start of my Serious mode of battling to achieve my goals. No more inconsistencies in workout schedules since I'm now a graduate no stress and other fuzz aside from review would hinder me banging weights!
*Noob Growing*

*Hanep mga Ser, napa compose tuloy ako. Journal nga talaga. Trololol
*I don't yet have a recent good quality photo. Soon i'll be posting them.1st Day of Max-ot.
Monday-Legs
Squats-110lbs
Leg press-110lbs
Stiff leg dead lift-100lbs
standing calf raise-100lbs
45calfraise-100lbs

>hanep lupet. Ramdam ko kagad mga Ser ang DOMS. Trolol
pero masarap!

Comments

• monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Welcome bro, about time you made your journal! hehehehehe
  • ^salamat Ser mon! dati kading ecto e. kaya isa ka sa tinuturing kong mentor.
    Sarap nung buhat ko kanina! pero ser sa smith machine ako nag squats, ayos lang ba? wala squat rack sa gym e.
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    another wall of text journal LOL! (just kiddin' mine is a bit more longer hehehe). Well it's nice that you never stopped trying coz most lifters usually, after a couple of tries they quit lifting and lose the drive to become fit. a few reasons why they usually lose their motivation are "unrealistic" goal settings, wrong workout routine, improper resting/eating habits but hey i'm pretty sure you're familiar w/ those blunders very likely. and for that KUDOS to you so keep it up and keep "your purpose" of getting fit intact. oh and keep us updated as well hehehe!
    ^salamat Ser mon! dati kading ecto e. kaya isa ka sa tinuturing kong mentor.
    Sarap nung buhat ko kanina! pero ser sa smith machine ako nag squats, ayos lang ba? wala squat rack sa gym e.

Wala ka nang choice mahirap naman wala squat rack mas delikado, lipat ka sa gym na meron hehehehe. Pag nga binabalikan ko ung pics na na sobra kong payat natatawa talaga ako heheheheh. madami masters dito bro, and we'll all learn from them :)
  • ^Woop Ser DS yea i just realized i wrote that text too lengthy. damn! pardon me.
    Opo Ser, dito ko ipopost lifting stat ko. At opo marami balakid sa buhat ko noon; oras, thesis, exams, review, conference etc. But I see to it my dreams in bodybuilding are not compromised.
    Samalat.
    *Keep us mga Master Moderators Motivated*
    *Noob Growing* :sports:
    monching11 wrote:
    ^salamat Ser mon! dati kading ecto e. kaya isa ka sa tinuturing kong mentor.

Wala ka nang choice mahirap naman wala squat rack mas delikado, lipat ka sa gym na meron hehehehe. Pag nga binabalikan ko ung pics na na sobra kong payat natatawa talaga ako heheheheh. madami masters dito bro, and we'll all learn from them :)

Dun na kasi ako sa gym ko ngayon nagsimula saka mas mahal sa iba. Pero ser ayos lang bang dahil walang choice sa smith machine na muna? Will it affect quality of the squat lift?

*Oo ser, buti ngayon me laman laman nako at di nako ganun kapayat. Marami sa kabatch,teachers ko nung elem&hs, at matagal ng di nakikitang kakilala ang di nako nakikilala o namumukaan, kailangan pang iconfirm pangalan ko para masabing ako na pala talaga yun. Trololol
    Somehow oo kasi iba ung motion ng machine sa freeweight.
  • rotrot78rotrot78 Posts: 1,147
    another wall of text journal LOL! (just kiddin' mine is a bit more longer hehehe). Well it's nice that you never stopped trying coz most lifters usually, after a couple of tries they quit lifting and lose the drive to become fit. a few reasons why they usually lose their motivation are "unrealistic" goal settings, wrong workout routine, improper resting/eating habits but hey i'm pretty sure you're familiar w/ those blunders very likely. and for that KUDOS to you so keep it up and keep "your purpose" of getting fit intact. oh and keep us updated as well hehehe!

very correct!!!!! dapat talaga patience lang.. discipline, motivated and of course cosistency! welcome sir sa bahay ng mga bakal!!

^

+1000

if i may add not only the motion, machines also do half-of-the-work you're supposed to be doing, ok lang ang machines on some exercises but for the main-lifts like the squats? nothing beats free weights :smile:
  • rotrot78 wrote:

very correct!!!!! dapat talaga patience lang.. discipline, motivated and of course cosistency! welcome sir sa bahay ng mga bakal!!

^Salamat Ser rotrot. Di ko ho yan kinalilimutan at di ko ho kakalimutan. Mas masarap po magbuhat kapag may mind-body synergy! Trololol
    ^

+1000

if i may add not only the motion, machines also do half-of-the-work you're supposed to be doing, ok lang ang machines on some exercises but for the main-lifts like the squats? nothing beats free weights :smile:

^ganun pala Ser DS, sabagay yung machine tipong assist. Pansamantala ho Ser pwede ko munang pagtiyagaan smith machine? habang magsscout ako malilipatang gym?
    Salamat ho
    yeah for now, that is fine just remember, once na mag shift ka na from machine to free weights, wag mo sasalpakan agad ng same poundage nung nasa machine ka pa kasi it will definitely "feel" different and will only invite injury if you are not too careful :smile:
  • yeah for now, that is fine just remember, once na mag shift ka na from machine to free weights, wag mo sasalpakan agad ng same poundage nung nasa machine ka pa kasi it will definitely "feel" different and will only invite injury if you are not too careful :smile:

^So Ser that suggests i-lower ko poundage? Sige po tatandaan ko po yan. Yun ho iniiwasan kong mangyari ang magka injury at mahirap ng mainjure. Masakit, magastos, tengga ang buhat. Trololol
    yes, that is if you're goint to shift na sa free-weight barbell ha.
  • Noobie12Noobie12 Posts: 648
    welcome sir itlog. Mabuhay ang mga ecto =>
  • KyzackKyzack Posts: 1,088
    just read your journal. good job on not giving up pre! happy lifting!
  • :sport: Two weeks of sacrificing not to open my laptop! Distractor kasi sa review. Pero ito ho at off/rest day namin sa review kaya makakapag internet.
    As for my workout log mga Master moderators:
    >Tuesday;April10,2012:
    straight bar curls-45lbs
    alt. db curls-40lbs
    straight bar cable curls-50lbs
    lying tricep press-30lbs
    tricep cable press down-80lbs
    db kickbacks-20lbs
    wrist curls-30lbs
    db wrist curls-20lbs
    leg lifts-5lbs
    weighted cable crucnches-50lbs
    crucnches

>Wednesday;April11,2012:
    straight bar military press(front)-55lbs
    db press-50lbs
    db side laterals-30lbs
    bb shrugs-80lbs
    upright rows(close grip)-55lbs

>Thursday;April12,2012:
    cable pulldowns(front)-90lbs
    seated cable rows-100lbs
    bent over bb rows-60lbs
    good mornings
    weighted hyperextension-10lbs

>Friday;April13,2012:
    flat bb bench press-100lbs
    inclined db bench press-50lbs
    weighted dips-10lbs

*For this week's workout log:
    >Monday;April16,2012:
    squats-120lbs
    leg press-120lbs
    stiff leg dead lift-100lbs
    standing calf raise-110lbs
    45calf press-110lbs

>Tuesday;April17,2012:
    straight bar curls-45lbs
    alt. db curls-40lbs
    straight bar cable curls-60lbs
    lying tricep press-40lbs
    tricep cable press down-80lbs
    db kickbacks-20lbs
    wrist curls-30lbs
    db wrist curls-20lbs
    leg lifts-5lbs
    weighted cable crucnches-70lbs
    crucnches

>Wednesday;April18,2012:
    straight bar military press(front)-55lbs
    db press-50lbs
    db side laterals-40lbs
    bb shrugs-95lbs
    upright rows(close grip)-55lbs

>Thursday;April19,2012:
    cable pulldowns(front)-90lbs
    seated cable rows-100lbs
    bent over bb rows-75lbs
    good mornings
    weighted hyperextension-10lbs

>Friday;April20,2012:
    flat bb bench press-110lbs
    inclined db bench press-50lbs
    weighted dips-15lbs

*Ang gawain ko nito mga Master Moderators e pakatapos ng review ko daily ng early evening yun, kain saka diretcho sa gym para magbuhat na. Daily workout ng Max-ot, sa kasalukuyan mukang umaayon naman. Meron naring response ang katawan ko though pang 2nd week ko palang nito sa Max-ot pero, may changes nako nakikita, kahit small changes e napaka significant na nun sakin. :sport: Pagpapatuloy ko lang itong first leg ng workout program ng max-ot saka nako mag poproceed sa change ng order/sequence ng routines as stated in the e-book i have on Max-ot. Satingin po ninyo mga ilang linggo ako magsstay on this 1st program? 1 month94 weeks) po ba?
    p.s. comment/suggest/recommend ho kayo ngayon para sa i-improve ng buhat ko po. Bukas e no intenet access nanaman ako nito. Trololol
    Salamat mga idol! :sport:
  • :sport: Finally, months of sacrificing my iron life is over.
    Good thing board exam results favored me! lol

Currently, I'm on my 2nd week of catching missed routines.
    Still sticking in Max-ot program.
    Quite long since my last post here in PBB, I can now be updated
    more often. Gusto ko na uling matuto ng mga bagong karagdagang kaalaman sa buhay bakal! Trololol

To my mentors here at sa lahat ng miyembro, kumusta mga tol?
    :sport:
  • donbuhdonbuh Posts: 3,164
    congrats!!!
  • donbuh wrote:
    congrats!!!

^salamat ser don buh!
    pasarap lng ng pasarap ang buhat kopo nito habang nag aanatay ng lisensya, Lol

:sport: Still mastering Triple D
  • lloydi12345lloydi12345 Posts: 174
    Sir, anong board exam ito? Kamusta na yung bulk? parang ang haba haba na ng bulk mo hehe.
  • Woot parekoy! NLE yan. Oo bulk lang ako ng bulk, more since then bulking ako. Kaso with some reasonable instances I had to stop for 1 month of lifting. Last weekend kakaresume ko pa lang niyan. As the usual, Bulking ulit. Trololol

P.S.> Godbless sa overseas adventure mo, nabasa ko lang sa journal mo last summer mo na ito sa pinas.

Happy Bulking
    Wow nice! RN ka na pala hehe. Delayed congrats. Ayus lang yan kahit mahinto ng kaunti. Post sana ng pics!

Oh yeah, about that, this probably would be my last summer here kasi naguumpisa na akong maghanap hehe. Gusto ko rin kasi pagpatuloy pa ulit ang pag-aaral ko sa next level and gain more experience. Sana nga hindi maapektuhan yung weight training kapag nakalipat na. Mukhang may balak ka rin ah? heheh baka mauna ka pa sakin ha?!

Happy bulking :D
  • Wow nice! RN ka na pala hehe. Delayed congrats. Ayus lang yan kahit mahinto ng kaunti. Post sana ng pics!

Oh yeah, about that, this probably would be my last summer here kasi naguumpisa na akong maghanap hehe. Gusto ko rin kasi pagpatuloy pa ulit ang pag-aaral ko sa next level and gain more experience. Sana nga hindi maapektuhan yung weight training kapag nakalipat na. Mukhang may balak ka rin ah? heheh baka mauna ka pa sakin ha?!

Happy bulking :D

Woot! matinding sakripisyo din parekoy para makuha yun Trololol buti at pinagpala!
    Sige I'll try posting progress pics.

Boom! Totoo ngang mangingibang bayan kana ah. Tsk
    Makakahanap ka din niyan ng mapagbubuhatan niya. Goodluck parekoy.
    Nars ka din ba?

Happy Bulking!cheers
    Cge cge. Aabangan namin progress pics. Pangdagdag motivation din for me.

Yup! Sana palarin. Comp engr ako hehe