My stubborn bicep problem

Hello again sirs, I have a very big problem with my biceps. I really don't understand why, but it seems it does not want to grow together with the other body parts that I train.

please view my training schedule and please do comment on where I might be doing it wrong.

day 1 chest
day 2 shoulders
day 3 rest
day 4 back
day 5 legs
day 6 arms
day 7 rest

I keep my arm work out simple,

bicep curls
db 1 arm tri extensions
alternating db curls
skull crushers
hammer curls
dips or diamond push ups

I don't think the problem is in my diet, I make sure I have the enough protein, clean calories, vits and I also make sure I rest enough and keep my cortisol levels at bay.

btw, I am lifting since 2007, I may not be that consistent but I make sure I dont slack for more than 2 weeks straight. I already tried a lot of workouts to mix things up and prevent reaching a plateau. It just feels that I'm missing on something. I would be very grateful if you fine gents can lend a brother a hand.

thanks very much in advance for the help

Comments

• rugged666rugged666 Posts: 582
    do you have a pic so we can assess your developments, its hard to give you infos when you said you have a good nutrition and rest.. how about the poundage in your arm workouts?
  • ei**ei** Posts: 14
    I'm doing field work right now, I ll try to snap some shots later.

as of poundage, this might be a little embarrassing.

my max bicep curl is around 70 w/ strict form, i can pump around 5-6 reps.
    for alternating db, i can do 40 max on each hand doing 5 reps each in strict form.

i am 162 lbs, 5' 8'', my bicep measures 13inches. my left arm is half an inch smaller.

will post pics later.

thanks
    here are some pics, sorry for the quality, did this on the run.

right bi
    SAM_1717.jpg

left bi
    SAM_1716.jpg

left flexed
    SAM_1714.jpg

right flexed
    SAM_1715.jpg

left relaxed
    SAM_1719.jpg

this seems ridiculous, but i am that desperate to fix the prob.

thanks for the help lads.
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    i have the same thing, my right is bigger half an inch fro my left. for me its not really a problem, you just have to train it and make it bigger then you wouldnt notice much of a difference between them.
  • El-bad4ssEl-bad4ss Posts: 265
    bicep is the least of your problem. you should up your intensity in the gym. youve been training for 5 years now you shouldve have more muscle and more definition than that. tell us exactly what youve been doing in the gym, what you eat any info would help. sorry if im brutally honest, not mean to insult you.
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    really hes been traing for 5 years? sorry i dont want to sound sarcastic i just didnt red his fisrt post. dude i bet with those 5 yours youre slacking. up your game, time to get serious! you have to live the life to see results! kaya mo yan! if our broskies in here did it then so can you!
  • rotrot78rotrot78 Posts: 1,147
    intensity is the name of the game! lift heavy weights! rest well! much better sali ka sa GW nila sa mascu para ma guide ka ng maayos.
  • ipisipis Posts: 223
    pack on some muscles. lol. ano yan gusto mo biceps lang malaki? no offense ha, pero nagbubuhat ka ba talaga?
    ipis wrote:
    pack on some muscles. lol. ano yan gusto mo biceps lang malaki? no offense ha, pero nagbubuhat ka ba talaga?

maybe he's been training for 5yrs but not consistent, on and off.
    ..:blush:
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    5Yrs papss? Lupit mona dpt nyan sa tagal nun, believe the masters, hindi lng bicps ang prob mo paps all body parts dpt,hindi din define pa ung chesr mo, get serious paps sabi nga ng mga masters, how i imagine kumg ako nka 5yrs na,wow un,
  • boss_jboss_j Posts: 1,243
    I don't think the problem is in my diet, I make sure I have the enough protein, clean calories, vits and I also make sure I rest enough and keep my cortisol levels at bay.

how much is enough protein ba sayo boss?
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    I agree with the masters. Maybe there is some loophole in your routine/nutrition.
  • bardagulbardagul Posts: 658
    lemme guess right handed ka? ganun talaga.. dominant arm mo mas malaki.

sinabi na nila. more intensity sa workout @ sa diet. ok lang yan sa umpisa ganyan talaga.
    ipis wrote:

I am really not that good in tagalog, but I can quite understand the tone of your comment, I am sorry to dissapoint you sir but there seems no point on proving if I am telling the truth or not.

anyway I will take all comments positively. You lads may be right that I may lack definition. and sir milk may have a point on commenting about me slacking off. honestly my job has been requiring frequent flying but I wont blame it for my slow growth. Its true
    I ve been lifting since 2007, its october to be exact. If I sound to unrealistic to some, i do apologize.

my original question was about my biceps, but I never did mentioned that the only thing I was worrying about was my biceps. I simply just pertain it to be slower with comparison to other parts.

anyway thanks for all the comments, I will take all your words and work harder.
    try changing your bicep exercise, do more compound lifts instead of isolations, like preacher curls (inside grip EZ bar/outside grip EZ bar), 21s (googlle it, type 21s bicep).
    boss_j wrote:

how much is enough protein ba sayo boss?

I might not give precise numbers sir but this is what eat with in a normal day.

M1- 6 eggs whites +1 whole egg
    M2- on whey protein
    M3- fruit
    M4- some carbs and meat with veggies on the side
    M5- pb sandwich / whey pro
    M6- carbs /whey pro or 4 eggs( omelet)
    M7- meat or fish with some veggies
    M8- peanut butter w/o bread
    M9- whey pro before bed.

* please take note that the ff might not be the same on some days due to the nature of my work. on some countries (places) I make drastic substitutions on some meals but I try to make the best of what I have on a given moment.

I understand the part that travelling does put your training on hold most of the time. i travel at least once or twice a month and i find myself struggling to train what more compared to you abroad ang destinations.

how about your typical routine per week? can you give us a detailed one?

are you sure you are lifting heavy?

• El-bad4ssEl-bad4ss Posts: 265
    How do you have the time to eat 9x a day? Im having hard time when i was eating 5x a day before.
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    Hmmmm... i'm no expert but have you tried lightening the poundage a bit for your arm workouts and adding reps and sets and also adding another exercise to your routine? kasi actually ako i had the same prob before then narealize ko nde masyado "nabubugbog" ung arms ko sa workout na gamit ko. i used to do 5-7 reps of super heavy arm workouts. so w/ the help of some frends here I switched up a bit my program, added more reps, sets,exercise to my arm workouts. simply put added a bit more "volume" on my workouts but it still heavy. and during recovery I make sure to it that my body is "abundant" w/ nutrients. HTH. :)
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    since you said youre diet is kinda spot on.. then most likely its the training that needs a bit of twitching.. in doing lifts for the major upper body muscles, youre direct or indirectly utilizing your arms.

have you tried hitting a lagging bodypart at least twice per week? (with about 4 days rest in between) if you do so, i suggest (based on what worked for me, might not work for you) doing a heavy day, doing max of 3 exercises, 4 sets for both bis and tris.. focus on compounds.. ascending weight, decending rep.. (12, 8, 6, 6) on the first two exercises, then an iso exercise doing 12 reps minimum.. that is your heavy day.. for your second workout in the week, do a moderate load... 3-4 exercises, 3 sets, 18-12 reps ---> with this program, its more of just feeling the muscle, like tearing it up...

goodluck bro

• 3plepunk3plepunk Posts: 24
    apply ka sa gold's gym dun ka magtanong sa mga instructor dun. talagang alam nila yun mga professional trainers talaga yung mga yun!
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    ^Baka mapahiya ang karamihan ng trainer sa Gold's sa experience, mga certification at higit sa lahat sa lakas ni Sir Braso. Di porket trainer sa Gold's or Fitness eh madami ng alam at magaling na. Baka nga karamihan satin dito eh mas knowledgeable pa sa kanila at di hamak na mas malakas pa.
  • rotrot78rotrot78 Posts: 1,147
    ^correct.. and may i add dito walang secreto secreto ibibigay ka agad sa forum na to kung ano kulang sayo.. sa ibang commercial gym paligoy-ligoy pa dun din naman bagsak..
  • 3plepunk3plepunk Posts: 24
    uy!! kumusta mod mighty oak
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Kailangan ng paligoy-ligoy o kaya deadma pa minsan kasi para pagka perahan nila yung mga clients nila...
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    3plepunk wrote:
    apply ka sa gold's gym dun ka magtanong sa mga instructor dun. talagang alam nila yun mga professional trainers talaga yung mga yun!

No disrespect to you sir. Lahat tayu being a member of this forum has all the right to ask question/s para matulungan tayo ng mga iba na may kaalaman base sa education, experience and bro-science na din. Based sa mga information na mabibigay, doon tayo mag trial and error kung anu ang magiging effective sa ating concerns.

Nag recommend kayu na mag APPLY siya sa golds gym para masagut yung mga katanungan nya, kayo po ba nakapag apply na sa Golds para masagot ng mga professional trainers yung question nyo na kung pwede pagsabayin yung cutting at bulking?

If the post is intended para sa akin to apply sa golds or fitness first. Salamat sa suggestion. Dating trainer din ako sa mga nasabing gyms, sa abroad nga lang. Ngayun, Ok na ako sa kaalaman ko at sa mga source na nagbibigay kaalaman pa sa akin para ma share ko sa mga karapat dapat maka-alam

peace

• aloy0511aloy0511 Posts: 948
    train heavy weights and low reps!

and Proper Diet is the most important part, weather if your target is caloric deficit or surplus.
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    Actually ang mga pt sa commercial gyms eh paligoy ligoy at minsan same same na routine bnbgy sa client, nde lht ng pt sa commercial gym dto honest dhil minsan sa isip d8n nila kumota, pero mern naman mabait at magaling at nde nag dudunung dunungan, mas prefer ko pa sa web and forums like this kumuha ng kaalaman kse m8nsan mas tama pa ang mga tao.
    first of all thanks for all the helpful comments, I am very appreciative to all of the concerns and the respect you provide to your fellow brothers in need. I may really not fully understand some of the comments about gold's and all but it still encourages me to work harder.
    sir braso, I believe your at the sand box right now.I also had a chance to be working with some contracts "over there" before, if you know what I mean.
    I am also a filipino unfortunate to be blessed time in the Philippines but anywhere I might be, I still very much respect and believe my lads from my mother land. You lads have been so helpful even if you have never knew me personally. I shall take all comments in mind and by heart.

btw,with some additional questions, is it true that if you are not able to do a single exercise for months,do you have a big possibility to loose both size and strength, therefore if you return into lifting you have to start with phase 1 (beginners 3 day full body) all over again?

Even a week or two it is possible to lose some size and str, but you don't have to do overall training again naman once you come back pero pwede din a week lang just to familiarize the body again then back to your program.