The "Badass" Blueprint (IN THE TRENCHES)

Comments

• maabot ko lang yung version 2009 , masaya na ako...haha, congratz sa progress sir vinch!
  • Great progress sir V! That last pic - what comes to mind is "Gladiator"! Keep up the good work. :sport:
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    This is Sparta! Parang 300 movie hahaha!
    You've maintained your core all these years galing!
    Solid physique, consistency at its finest! Hindi lang consistency sa current but consistent on getting better through the years!
  • ayus! pang success story. kahit wala masyadong words ilagay you can defnitely tell the difference from 1 pic to another. :)
  • parang 3in1 kopiko. ASTIG! hehehe
  • Big thanks guys!:) hopefully i could improve more on the years to come. i want more mass! heheheI'll look for older pics para i can show you where i started. update ko na lang yan pag meron na :)

Upperbody September 12, 2013
    Duration 9:30-10:35am

Stretching 5 minutes

Supersets:
    Standing OHP (behind the neck) and underhand pullups
    100 x 20 x 2 / BW x 12
    120 x 16 x 2 / BW x 12
    140 x 8 x 1 / BW + 25lbs x 10

Inclined DB press and neutral grip pullups (2 sets)
    70lbs x 16 / BW + 25lbs x 10

Weighted dips and neutral grip pullups (2 sets)
    BW +50lbs x 15 / BW +50lbs x 6

Flat DB press and BB shrugs (2 sets)
    70lbs x 20 / 230 x 15

Supported DB rows 70lbs each x 10 x 3

Tricep pressdown
    10 minutes corework
  • I will tell you something that you probably already know sir V haha - after being at it for 11 years strong, if you want more mass natty, it is going to be VERY hard to do without adding some bf. I mean you are already moving very heavy weights for reps for a guy your size, so nothing is wrong there. You are also already very lean - you can't walk around being in shape enough to do a comp always and yet optimize packing on mass simultaneously. Upping your cals will give you more mass - you can probably get to your goal of 190 by doing so, however you might have a 6-pack instead of an 8-pack if you do haha. :p :)
  • ^ Thanks Sir BD:) I've been eating alot for the past months and thank God i gained 12 pounds in 3 months and still lean. I had a bad experience before of gaining close to 30 pounds of mass in 6-7 months then when i decide to cut all that's left was 9 or 10lbs (which is not bad) but it took me a long time of agonizing diet and training to get there. i began to rethink my bulking plan since then. I worked my way backwards and i loved the results. I'm gaining lean mass on surplus calories with minimal bodyfat. What I'm trying to figure out now are the adjustments i need to make when its time to add more food. My body packs fat easily but i was able to manage it these past years. Im giving myself 2 years for that goal (185-190lbs 8-10%BF @ 30 years old). If i can make the same gains i make now for the next 2 years and I'm healthy/injury free, it's possible :)

Im 172lbs right now. I only need 6-8 pounds per year. but i need to nail my goal this year so i can start 2014 on the right direction :)
  • Goodluck sir vinch! kayang kaya mo yang goal mo.
  • ^ Thanks Sir BD:) I've been eating alot for the past months and thank God i gained 12 pounds in 3 months and still lean. I had a bad experience before of gaining close to 30 pounds of mass in 6-7 months then when i decide to cut all that's left was 9 or 10lbs (which is not bad) but it took me a long time of agonizing diet and training to get there. i began to rethink my bulking plan since then. I worked my way backwards and i loved the results. I'm gaining lean mass on surplus calories with minimal bodyfat. What I'm trying to figure out now are the adjustments i need to make when its time to add more food. My body packs fat easily but i was able to manage it these past years. Im giving myself 2 years for that goal (185-190lbs 8-10%BF @ 30 years old). If i can make the same gains i make now for the next 2 years and I'm healthy/injury free, it's possible :)

Im 172lbs right now. I only need 6-8 pounds per year. but i need to nail my goal this year so i can start 2014 on the right direction :)

The gains you speak of - 12 lean lbs in 3 months, keeping 9-10lb after bulk - for a guy that's been in the game for 11 years is PHENOMONAL natty! Shit if I could put on 12 lean lbs in a YEAR I would be fucking ecstatic haha! Many younger guys, or guys with not much experience cannot relate bcoz they are enjoying the "easy" gains per se, or should be, bcoz that's the easiest time to grow. However, after been kicking it for 35 years, I CAN relate brutha haha! I'll be 50 in a few months, and I'll tell ya, when you get where I am, it's somewhat satisfying just to MAINTAIN, let alone gain haha! But even so, I still bust my ass to try to get a few more lbs here and there, another rep here and there, ever slowly as it may come. At least this old geezer can hang with the best of them with the iron hehe- natty guys that is. Keep on keepin' on brutha! :)
    ^ 2 of the best in the business exchanging useful thoughts.
    Gnito yung mga gusto kong mabasa!
  • Regarding adjustment - I would gradually start upping your cals. Key word: gradually. Then use the mirror as your gauge - start getting too smooth, back off the cals a bit. Also I would back off too much cardio - b-ball burns a shitload of cals brutha. Honestly I gotta say I'm surprised when you say you add fat fast - I would have thought you have a hyper metab and had to force feed just to maintain based on your series of pics of looking lean always. Propz for having to put in the work to stay cut!
  • @allen: lets here it from Big Dawg coz he's been on all bodybuilding eras hehehe :)

@Big dawg: yeah i get the diet strategy :) i always incorporate cardio coz it keeps me lean when Im eating alot. i believe helps in calorie repartitioning so that my body can utilize most of my energy sources and in return keep my metabolism on fire. My energy turnover is good, food is utilized better and it's also a way for me to gauge how i can translate my lifts into actual performance but i usually drop cardio activities when i start cutting and let the diet do the work. Cardio can be boring but i do it coz it helps me get to my goal that's why i stay lean all year. I just have some safety measures that i do so that i don't burn off my muscles and i always back off when things are not going right hehehe
    ^ So baliktad sayo no, iba sa mga usual, cardio during bulk at stop cut?
    Pero cut or bulk you're still lean.
    Sakin what could you recommend?
  • para sakin kasi suicide na yung "calorie deficit sa food + weights + cardio". kulang ka na nga sa kain, bugbog ka pa sa training at daily activities kaya for sure ubos muscle mo sa huli. kaya ang method ko is "more food=more work". parang xerox machine lang, kahit madami ka iphotocopy basta madami kang papel, madami kang mapoproduce. same concept sa katawan natin, mas madami ka workload, mas madami ipoprocess katawan mo, mas madaming energy utilization from fat and food, mas madaming protein synthesis and muscle repair, mas magaabsorb ng nutrients yung katawan, in short overtime magtrabaho metabolism mo.

no cardio during cut? this is assuming that you're already in shape (15%BF siguro) same concept lang "less food=less work". at this point ang goal mo is to "preserve mass" kasi kung medyo mataas pa BF mo (18-20% above) kelangan mo muna magtransition into a better condition for getting lean. so its not really direct cutting kagaya ng uso ngayon na "magkacut na po ako". its more like going thru several phases until you reach a decent BF% na kaya mo imanage at imaintain yung mass mo. pag andun ka na sa point na yun, HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS all the way :)
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    para sakin kasi suicide na yung "calorie deficit sa food + weights + cardio". kulang ka na nga sa kain, bugbog ka pa sa training at daily activities kaya for sure ubos muscle mo sa huli. kaya ang method ko is "more food=more work". parang xerox machine lang, kahit madami ka iphotocopy basta madami kang papel, madami kang mapoproduce. same concept sa katawan natin, mas madami ka workload, mas madami ipoprocess katawan mo, mas madaming energy utilization from fat and food, mas madaming protein synthesis and muscle repair, mas magaabsorb ng nutrients yung katawan, in short overtime magtrabaho metabolism mo.

no cardio during cut? this is assuming that you're already in shape (15%BF siguro) same concept lang "less food=less work". at this point ang goal mo is to "preserve mass" kasi kung medyo mataas pa BF mo (18-20% above) kelangan mo muna magtransition into a better condition for getting lean. so its not really direct cutting kagaya ng uso ngayon na "magkacut na po ako". its more like going thru several phases until you reach a decent BF% na kaya mo imanage at imaintain yung mass mo. pag andun ka na sa point na yun, HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS all the way :)

Rep for you bro! Well explained in layman terms. This is what G-Flux theory is all about (as preached by Dr John Berardi).

More Food/Energy + More Work = Better caloric partitioning

He even suggests that the safest way for cutting is to usually not drop the caloric intake but to get the caloric deficit through more energy expenditure (more work).

Astig bro! You really nailed this one! :^^

Seriously, if I am not really committed on my current S2B program, I'd definitely hire you as a coach in an instant! I'd be more than willing to give you whatever I pay (on a monthly basis) the guys at Precision Nutrition.

You really are something, a rare gem, a walking and living fountain of wisdom. Kudos to you bro! RESPECT.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    no cardio during cut? this is assuming that you're already in shape (15%BF siguro) same concept lang "less food=less work". at this point ang goal mo is to "preserve mass" kasi kung medyo mataas pa BF mo (18-20% above) kelangan mo muna magtransition into a better condition for getting lean. so its not really direct cutting kagaya ng uso ngayon na "magkacut na po ako". its more like going thru several phases until you reach a decent BF% na kaya mo imanage at imaintain yung mass mo. pag andun ka na sa point na yun, HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS all the way
    +100 this, I hope I am doing the correct way. Gaining strength, while doing cut on my opinion eh naprepreserve nya yung current mass ko na inipon during my recomp days.

That's why I am doing a briskwalk and 1 sprints mostly wala minsan a week ( as per sir vinch suggested on how to incorporate on my routine )

Same with your bulking sir vinch, mas mag sprint or brisk ako pag bulk na ko next year para dun sa surplus mode na ko since target ko maging lean muna.

hope tama ako sir vinch as sana nagrereflect sa journal ko hehe..

everything I did was based on LG, rippedbody, IF forums, Starting strength, Stronglifts at Beyond brawn na book tho puro internet based lang pero before i absorb anything dapat halos magkakaparehas na info ang makukuha ko before applying it.. Well, eto nakuha ko ngayon at na confirm ko sayo :

Internet vs experience + pinoy
  • pwede ka na maglaunch ng isang book sir vinch, sarap basahin ng mga recommendations mo at marami din matututunan kasi base din lahat sa inyong experience ang mga binibigay niyong pointers.

Keep it up sir! Kudos to you!
  • @Riddler: thanks bro :) actually natutunan ko lang yan sa mga brothers ko when i was training them. test subject ko sila hehehe. paguwi mo dito sama ka sa GWO.

@jettie: basta always observe how your body responds to your training and diet coz we all react differently to a particular training or diet. Also, always keep in mind of your current situation and fitness level so that you know how to attack your training. Your body may not respond the same way next year kaya observe observe observe :)

@kulafu: hahaha salamat! :) ok na yung patype type dito hehe
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    noted.
    @Riddler: thanks bro :) actually natutunan ko lang yan sa mga brothers ko when i was training them. test subject ko sila hehehe. paguwi mo dito sama ka sa GWO.

Si Dr Berardi naman, test subjects niya mostly are elite athletes. He made the athletes eat more food than their maintenance caloric intake at the same time adding more energy expenditure too thus creating a deficit.

Common knowledge would dictate that with this kind of food intake, the athletes would lose fat and get smaller because of the deficit. Right? What happened is quite different though. The athletes gained more mass and also got leaner in the process!

Kaya talagang sobrang nakakarelate ako dun sa experience mo regarding this concept kasi this is what I am doing right now with S2B. Eat more, spend more, build a better and healthier body.
  • @riddler: yeah, elite athletes has been applying that method for years. if you look at their training schedule most of them have team practices 3-4 times a week, then personal training sessions 2x/week and weights 3x/week. not to mention their appearances/photoshoots for TV, mags, etc. that's alot of work in 1 week. when they need to gain some size they just eat more but you will rarely see them out of shape.

i realized this makes sense when i saw the results of my 2 brothers:

BEAR: MMA training 3x a week and weights 2x a week

ANDREI: Basketball practice 5x a week and weights 3-4x a week

Andrei got bigger but very lean, and lifts damn heavy. Bear also gained mass and strength but Andrei overall has very impressive results.

This was after 3 years btw :)
    Sa S2B naman, for the first 12 weeks, they taught us how to eat BIG first while doing light workouts, mostly corrective exercises. So what happened was most of us got BIG especially sa abdominal area. Then later on classified us to what kind of gainer we are depends on how much you gained during that 12 weeks.

Afterwards, they introduced this G-Flux theory concept. How to balance out your intake with your expenditure by adding density and volume to your workout and at the same time doing INTERVALS (i.e. sprint).

Now, the fat the I put on during the first 12 weeks of the program is starting to melt out even on caloric surplus! Couple that with some impressive strength gains and I'm gaining girth all over my body, it felt awesome!

Sabi ko nga, what the heck! The guys at Precision Nutrition uses the same training and nutrition concept that your are doing, lumayo pa ako! Hahaha!

Anyway, as I've said over and over again, you really got a knack on this stuff! Salute bro! :^^
  • hahaha thanks :) wait till your body fully adapts to that method and you'll love the long term effects. It will make you a different person from the inside and out hehehe
  • Lowerbody September 14, 2013
    Duration 12:30-2:35pm

Warmup: fastwalk 20minutes

Legpress
    300 x 25 x 2
    350 x 18 x 2
    450 x 15 x 2

Squats
    200 x 12 x 2
    230 x 8 x 2
    250 x 5
    270 x 5
    290 x 2 (PR)

Deadlift
    300 x 3 x 2
    320 x 3 x 2
    340 x 2

Calf raises
    450 x 25-30 x 6

Core work 10minutes
  • Upperbody September 15, 2013
    Duration 3:00-4:30pm

Stretching 15minutes

Warmup: wide pullups

Superset:
    Flat DB press and Deadlift
    70lbs x 23 / 250 x 10
    80lbs x 20 / 270 x 7
    90lbs x 15 / 280 x 6

Incline DB press and Barbell row (3 sets)
    80lbs x 12 / 200 x 10

Weighted dips
    Bw +70lbs x 15
    Bw + 85lbs x 12
    Bw + 85lbs x 10

Weighted chins (3 sets)
    Bw +35lbs x 6

One arm DB row
    110lbs x 8 x 3

Might train again tonight for abdominal work and some arms since our condo gym is open 24hrs hehehe :) i'll eat then attend mass, take a nap then train again! :)
  • I decided to skip the 2nd training for today. Nakakatamad at sayang ang damit. I'll just do something better tomorrow para mas sulit hehehe
  • :yahoo: tapos ko na basahin ang "T.N.D.O.(takenodaysoff) BOOK" by Sir Vinch
    cover to cover ika nga nila. dami kong natutunan sir, thankyou! That's why I gave you 5stars para sa journal mo. cheers
  • @iSamsonJeff: Thanks bro :) sana makatulong sa goal mo yung mga nabasa mo dito hehehe

Active rest day: LAUNDRY!!! (shempre may posedown hehe)

yf4g.png
    ^ Bringing out them GUNZ braaaahhh! :twitcy: