Hoop Nation!

Comments

• Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Nako parang puro kwentuhan na lang ginagawa ng mga commentator ngayon di gaya ng mga "frontal assault to the basket!" na banat ni Joe Cantanda.

Si Quiniot naman medyo nagiging corny na lalo na sa pagbibigay nya ng monicker sa mga bagong players. Basta sounds like kahit wala masyadong connect o kahit may monicker na yung player eh ipagpipilitan pa rin nya! lol
  • redred Posts: 753
    monster abueva and g-shock! click sa aces!
  • minsan oati AO na yun sinasabi nila... kahit alam namn ng tao hinde toto yun! minsan parang basta may msabi nlng sila! di gaya talga sa NBA... " for the game... bang!!" astig aba.
  • BraSoBraSo Posts: 785
    goal tending nga ba si reavis? mukha nga based sa replays.

hanep sa mga monickers ha... the SAINT at the SHOOTING APOSTLE???? huwaw!

lapit na NBA na mga bro's! Harden to Houston????
  • alam ko stay with OKC parin sya e... ewan lng.
  • arwin0609arwin0609 Posts: 984
    Harden expects to sign long-term deal with Houston

HOUSTON (AP) – James Harden plans to sign a long-term extension with the Houston Rockets before the regular season begins.

The reigning Sixth Man of the Year joined his new team Sunday (Monday in Manila) after he was traded to the Rockets from Oklahoma City late Saturday (Sunday in Manila). The Thunder acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick in the surprising deal. Oklahoma City also sent center Cole Aldrich and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston.

''It happened so fast, it happened very fast,'' Harden said. ''But this is the position I'm in now. Just have to make the best out of it. I'm with Houston now. I just have to come in here and play hard and win games.''

Thunder general manager Sam Presti said Houston was able to offer Harden a contract that Oklahoma City could not.

''Quite honestly, the value of the trade was greater based on the fact that the Rockets could offer him the contract that he was seeking,'' Presti said. ''By doing it when we did it, it allowed the Rockets to secure – or I believe it will allow the Rockets to secure him and James will get the contract that he was seeking. And because of that, we were able to capitalize on the trade and probably get a little bit more than we would have if we would have waited.''

The Rockets nabbed Harden on the night before holding a public practice at the Toyota Center. An hour before the practice started, fans peered into the shaded, street-level glass windows to catch a glimpse of the new arrival on the Rockets' practice court.

The 23-year-old Harden says he'll have to adjust to a rebuilding team after playing for a contender in Oklahoma City.

The acquisition of Harden completes an offseason overhaul for the Rockets, who've missed the playoffs the last three seasons. Houston cut or traded every veteran player, including point guard Kyle Lowry, backup Goran Dragic, shooting guard Courtney Lee and popular forward Luis Scola.

The Thunder, meanwhile, are one of the favorites to win the Western Conference after losing to Miami in last year's finals.

''This is definitely different,'' Harden said. ''But it's something that we have to learn to deal with. This is a business and everything happens for a reason. I'm going to just to play hard, try to play hard and do whatever it takes to win.''

Harden was a first-round pick by Oklahoma City out of Arizona State in 2009. He started only seven games in three seasons, but he became an indispensable reserve. Last year, he averaged 16.8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.7 assists in the regular season.

''I like the way he plays,'' Houston coach Kevin McHale said. ''He's got a pace to his game that I like, I think he plays at a speed where he can repeat things over and over again. He's not playing at a warp speed. He really takes his time, and goes when he wants to go, starts, stops. He's a really sophisticated player.''

Harden struggled in the NBA finals, shooting 37.5 percent from the field and 31.8 percent from 3-point range. He scored 19 points with five assists in Game 5, a 121-106 Miami victory that clinched the championship.

He'll also have to adjust to a starting role in Houston, joining Jeremy Lin in the backcourt.

''He's always been an efficient, easy player to play with,'' Lin said. ''The way he plays, the style he plays is very in tune with what we're trying to do.''

McHale thinks Harden can make a seamless switch to a starting role.

''I don't think he'll need any adjusting,'' McHale said. ''I don't think that'll be an issue at all. He's just going to get an opportunity to get more time and start the game.''

Harden and his new teammates arrived at the Toyota Center in a limousine just moments after Martin drove away.

Martin has averaged 18.4 points and 2.1 assists in eight NBA seasons, most of them with Sacramento. He played 2 1/2 seasons in Houston and averaged 23.5 points in 2010-11 under coach Rick Adelman. The Rockets and Adelman parted ways after that season, and Martin's numbers dipped in McHale's first season.

He was in the final year of his contract and is due to make about $13 million this season.

The 6-foot-2 Lamb was the 12th overall pick in the draft. Lamb helped Connecticut win the 2011 Final Four and led the Rockets' summer-league team in scoring, averaging 20 points.

Lin said he was ''pretty excited'' about the deal, although he said it doesn't change the team's expectations.

''The way we're looking at it is we want to make the playoffs, whether the trade happened or not,'' he said. ''We're still looking at the same exact focus, the same exact goal.''

If nothing else, the arrival of Harden will deflect some of the attention away from Lin, on the court and off it.

''We'll see how everything plays out,'' Lin said. ''It'll be dispersed a little more.''
    Reavis - parang malinaw na goal tending ...

sayang para sa barako
  • red wrote:
    Reavis - parang malinaw na goal tending ...

sayang para sa barako

ay, oo nga... nabasa ko lng kanina sa yahoo... hehe.
  • harleyyyharleyyy Posts: 211
    bat pala si cyrus bagio di nilalagay sa gilas? para may pang showtime naman tayo. haha.

anyway, mvp pala si Caguioa last conference? lol. tambak Ginebra kahapon. haha
    BraSo wrote:
    goal tending nga ba si reavis? mukha nga based sa replays.

hanep sa mga monickers ha... the SAINT at the SHOOTING APOSTLE???? huwaw!

lapit na NBA na mga bro's! Harden to Houston????

I believe the PBA has adopted the FIBA rule on goal tending. If the ball is in the middle of the cylinder or on its way going inside the cylinder then goal tending yun pag tinapik mo. Pero pag tumama sa ring at nasa gilid lang pwede tapikin anytime kahit ng offensive player. Kita naman sa replay na nasa gilid ng ring yung bola nung tinapik ni Reavis.

Kaya pansinin nyo sa FIBA sanctioned tournaments pag tama sa ring tinatapik agad palayo ng defensive team.

EDIT: I'm a Ginebra fantard. I think it's time for Siot to move on, sayang naman ang line up.
  • lastresortlastresort Posts: 1,116
    NBA naman start n ba tomorrow kahit may bagyo??
    yep sir oak ..yan nga ang paliwanag nila .. FIBA rule

regarding BGSM ... isa sa may pinaka magandang line-up ..pero sunod2 talo ... +1 ...cguro nga ..kelangan na umalis si xiot hahaha .... sayang ung 2-0 ..bglang 0-4
    Subukan naman ng BGK si Chulalay baka naman may magandang ipakita!
    thanks sir mighty.. Nasa lumang ruling pa pala ako. Haha!

Nba starts today! Yuhu!
    Ang binabangko ni Chupot Reyes sa TnT is now in the NBA D-League! One step closer for JA!

http://www.rappler.com/sports/15383-japeth-aguilar-drafted-in-nba-d-league
    ^madami siyang support diyan since madaming pinoys sa area niya.

hoping for the best kay JA!
  • StannisStannis Posts: 1,377
    Sorry nga pala sa mga Lakers fans, mukang wala ng chance maka pasok sa playoffs.
    Stannis wrote:
    Sorry nga pala sa mga Lakers fans, mukang wala ng chance maka pasok sa playoffs.

Re-post lang natin habang tinatambakan ng Clippers ang Lakers.
  • Stannis wrote:
    Stannis wrote:

Re-post lang natin habang tinatambakan ng Clippers ang Lakers.

lolz!!! LA is going down! :tongue:east vs west! mga brader san kayo jan... ako east! KG idol!!! bang!! ahaha...
  • chris316chris316 Posts: 48
    I really wish OKC could make it to the finals again.. and bag the title.
    Ganda ng game 6!

Alanganin ang Spurs sa game 7 dahil nagsagad kanina si Duncan.
  • 19PreDaTor6819PreDaTor68 Posts: 777
    wooh!! ow shet grabe ang laban nawalan na ako ng pag asa biglang poom!! miami padin talaga kahit medyo baog si lebron kanina!!! #HEAT

san kayo MIAMI or SPURS???
    Spurs ako! Na didiri ako sa Heat haha, mga floppers. 6'8" 240 lbs ata si LBJ, pero flop ng flop. Ang totoo eh starting 5 ng Heat floppers. Haha.

Sayang baka di ko mapanood yung game 7, papunta kami Roxas City, sana delay ang lipad haha.
  • siddfit101siddfit101 Posts: 423
    ahaha... its just a lucky win for the heat! sorry bros pero ayoko talga sa heat e... ang kukupals kc! lalo c bosh the predator at c lbj unggoy! :angry: well GL nlng sa knila if sino man magchamp....:sport:
  • DregPittDregPitt Posts: 987
    go Heat! :D
    Gary! Gary! Gary! Hahaha

Pasok sa Semis ang Gilas!
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Wala sa sarili yung mga Kaz ampota pinulot yung bola nag lakad nalang hahaha
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    tapal ng ring yung center ng kazakz lol
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Ka dota ko lang si Japeth nung grade 7 ako lol babano bano pa sya non ngayon phil team na
    Ang maganda kay Japeth ay effective na role player. Alam niyang di siya ang go to guy ng gilas kaya laging bigay todo sa manga chances niya.