Workout?

Do you guys do cardio before you workout or after? And which is more effective Isolation workouts or compound? :)

- Mike Jyzz

Comments

• JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    0 cardio. Tho I am doing some basic stretching and preparing for Tricking martial arts.

As for the ISO and Compound, I don't think i called it "effective", I'd say personal choices. I mean , they're both good , they do have both pros and cons but I find compound suited on my lifestyle, why? I can't do every day workout day. I am good with MWF compound exercises like SL5x5, SS, 5/3/1, RPT setup with my line of work + personal reasons because of schedule conflicts.

Again, it's a matter of personal preferences. For me compound works on my body. That's it. I never trained any iso on my biceps, delts, chest, triceps etc. I really really rely on the compound exercises and I religiously following my program and hoping to finish it before switching up to something new.
  • mike_jyzzmike_jyzz Posts: 100
    Jettie wrote:
    0 cardio. Tho I am doing some basic stretching and preparing for Tricking martial arts.

As for the ISO and Compound, I don't think i called it "effective", I'd say personal choices. I mean , they're both good , they do have both pros and cons but I find compound suited on my lifestyle, why? I can't do every day workout day. I am good with MWF compound exercises like SL5x5, SS, 5/3/1, RPT setup with my line of work + personal reasons because of schedule conflicts.

Again, it's a matter of personal preferences. For me compound works on my body. That's it. I never trained any iso on my biceps, delts, chest, triceps etc. I really really rely on the compound exercises and I religiously following my program and hoping to finish it before switching up to something new.

thanks for the info,. Yeah alot of peopel dont have the time to workout. So if you dont workout your biceps triceps and chest what do you do? Bench press hits chest right along with delts and triceps? That your workout sir? :)

By the way post some pictures naman sir/
    I do have my journal here sir, i even post lots of numbers pictures and everything.

I'm doing the RPT split ( I don't know the exact term but the big 3 were distributed on days )

Again, I ain't no pro or intermediate lifter, just a newbie trying to learn a lot but i find my set up sutied on me. so bear with my journal sir.
    Here's mine : Jettie's Paradigm Shift
  • jopetotjopetot Posts: 183
    I don't do cardio like treadmill, burpees, stationary bicycle, etc. 'cause I have to go home early(limited time).

But indirectly i'm doing cardio in my superset and dropset. =) and I found it more "nakakahingal" than doing 50reps of burpees. =)

Yeah, i'm a newbie too so i'm experimenting right now for the isolation and compound exercises. But my goal is hyperthropy so I concentrate more in isolation than compound to have focus in each of my muscle groups..
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    @mike when you talk about effectiveness are you pertaining to muscle growth?
    jopetot wrote:
    Yeah, i'm a newbie too so i'm experimenting right now for the isolation and compound exercises. But my goal is hyperthropy so I concentrate more in isolation than compound to have focus in each of my muscle groups.

I hope you're not serious about this.
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    ^He is.
    for real? :P
    Wala naman akong sinabing wala akong compound exercises like deadlift, bp at squats :p
    ^eh hinde naman yun ang tinatanong sayo ni DS. Sarili mong statement di mo maintindihan?
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    lol
    That's not what i'm concerned about, since when did isolation movement became more superior to compounds when it comes to packing muscle on any frame?

While i do believe isolations has its place in training, doing "heavy" compound lifts for hypertrophy is far more beneficial than just doing isolations. Why?

1. it will trigger to release more natural occurring "growth hormone" in our body. since the heavier load that we can lift on compounds compared to doing common isolation movements. remember muscle is the "defense mechanism" of our body from the "tension" we apply to it.And growth hormone is one of the hormones responsible for muscle growth aside from testosterone. So the more tension we apply to our bodies the more GH our body will release to cope w/ the "threat" it experienced during a heavy and intense training session.

2. Since you will need to recruit more muscles in doing compounds the more mictotears you will have in various parts of your body and were are back again to my first point about GH release. do i need to say more? :)
    Kailan ko sinabi sir na mas nakakahigit ang isolation sa compound? =)

Yan po ang workout ko.. :p at gumagana sa akin..
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Hayaan niyo na, gumagana naman pala sa kaniya e, sabi nga if aint broke, don't fix it.

Anyway, picture naman jan... ng GWO ah, sumama ka ba?
    jopetot wrote:
    I don't do cardio like treadmill, burpees, stationary bicycle, etc. 'cause I have to go home early(limited time).

But indirectly i'm doing cardio in my superset and dropset. =) and I found it more "nakakahingal" than doing 50reps of burpees. =)

Yeah, i'm a newbie too so i'm experimenting right now for the isolation and compound exercises. But my goal is hyperthropy so I concentrate more in isolation than compound to have focus in each of my muscle groups..
    ^lolz para saan ang picture? gusto mo makita mga taba ko? hahaha
    jopetot wrote:
    ^lolz para saan ang picture? gusto mo makita mga taba ko? hahaha

kala ko lurker ka nalang? hindi mo din mapigilan? hirap pigilan yang pag tatype lalo na kung keyboard warrior ka.....
    Pasyahan nyo na ng hinde na humaba pa ang walang kwentang usapan.
    mga lolz talaga kayo mga broceps :-) keyboard warrior pang nalalaman lolz :D tama si Sir might! Hndi ako nagumpisa rito :p
    Dear kayosama,
    Sana po pag nag 34 years old na po ako di na ko katulad ng majimboo magisip... or kulang sa himas..

Tenk yu po
    ^^

read again your response that i quoted from your post in page 1. And I never said you are NOT doing any compound lifts and not you DON'T have any compound lifts in your program. what i'm trying to get at is you have no idea what is the purpose of doing compound and isolations in a certain program (there i said it). And your statements defnitely mislead many newbies so that's why "WE" always question it.

Well if that what works for you i wish you good luck to your goals (or should i say kiss your goals goodbye?) LOL!
    Thank you sir for the advice. Well believe it or not Sir I can see the results.
    right... right... right... :huh
    naka pag pasya nako.closed
    BaBAM!

pasensya ka na mike_jyzz medyo na flood ang thread mo, i know you were looking for some "serious" inputs. anyhow back to normal programming. For the others you are free to chime-in inputs relevant to the thread now. :)
    chill lang kayo hahaha! The thing about isos and compound workouts is you get stronger pag compoud while pag isolations you chisel the parts that needs improvements. Thats my take.

Compound workouts are more effective tho and harder to do. It takes alot out of you but the results are worth it. By the way to sir DS kailan ka pala nag bbelt pag deadlift? Mga pang ilang set mo na or you do it from the start? Does it like change anything if simula palang suot ko na sya?
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    mike yang pic mo ba ikaw yan?
    oo cya yan, pinsan ni migz yan.
    sa akin? eversince i've trained my core "better" by doing lots of heavy assistance lifts for DL and Squats i haven't worn the belt for more than a year now. pero to answer your question, if ever should i decide wearing a belt i'd prolly wear it from my second to the last set till the last where the weight i'm pulling would be ranging to 90-95% of my max.

Though truth to be told i'd just prolly wear the belt during compy (if ever i decide to get into one :)) but never during training since i need my core to be a strong and durable as much as possible. purpose na lang belt is to prevent injury and added stability i guess when pulling maximal weights. :)
    sa akin? eversince i've trained my core "better" by doing lots of heavy assistance lifts for DL and Squats i haven't worn the belt for more than a year now. pero to answer your question, if ever should i decide wearing a belt i'd prolly wear it from my second to the last set till the last where the weight i'm pulling would be ranging to 90-95% of my max.

Though truth to be told i'd just prolly wear the belt during compy (if ever i decide to get into one :)) but never during training since i need my core to be a strong and durable as much as possible. purpose na lang belt is to prevent injury and added stability i guess when pulling maximal weights. :)

May minor scolio kasi ako eh kaya nagbebelt ako. Minsan medyo alanganin pakiramdam pag hindi na nakabelt so I asked. I know some people who dont wear kasi eh and they do fine and some who wear because it just felt right. Thanks for the reply sir. Whats your max pala in DL? I heard sobrang lakas mo daw sa DL eh
    lakas yan sa dl.
    Whenever you'll wear belt make sure to do IAP. That's the purpose of wearing a belt to balance the load between your lower back and core and not to protect your lower back. I don't wear any belt as well.