StrongLifts 5x5

2»

Comments

• mike_jyzzmike_jyzz Posts: 100
    What I do is i incorporate both in a workout. I max out my reps as much as possible para solid yung muscle. I dont know if its just my body type but I dont gain much pag I lift heavy and low reps.
  • jopetotjopetot Posts: 183
    Max out the rep, you mean failure sir?
    not exactly failure. More like go for 8 minimum. Kasi madaming tao pag naka 4 reps sumusuko na eh. I used to be that then I pushed harder then I could lift heavier than what I was expecting
  • jopetotjopetot Posts: 183
    What about with spot Sir? Do you consider maxing out the rep with spotter?
    of course. spotters are really important in lifting. never be cocky and assume you can lift every plate or db in the gym just because you got stronger. Always have your spotter and ask him how much effort he uses in spotting you.
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    You can still do some 8 reps with your max if you are using the RPT.. well hindi nga lang pang beginners program ito.. Kasi ako nagstall na ko sa SL5x5 before then switch to RPT ayun tumataas na yung big 3 ko.

It depends on every individual goals, if they're up to strength or physique. For me gusto ko strength then kasunod na si phyique..

Pero syempre, combo ang compound and assistances like today I'm doing Squat RPT, OHP RPT, Power cleans 5x3, back extensions and some calves kung kaya pa ng time