LOL
  • toysuki07toysuki07 Posts: 1,049
    ^^
    nyahaha...
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    donbuh wrote:
    scann mo na lang sir mighty..dont worry ala na makakabura nyan..hehehe

Apir!!! hehehe

• Ass-to-grass squat warm-up 100 lb x 5, 160 lb 5 x 5 (kaka-gising lang sa siesta, dapat 130 lbs lang bubuhatin ko pero hindi ko napansin 160 pala niload ko, kaya nag-taka ako bat parang ang bigat ng 130)

Low Bar Squat 160 lb x 5 (just greasing the groove para hindi makalimutan ng katawan)

Romanian Deadlift 120 lb 5 x 5

Barbell Hip Thrust 100 lb 5 x 5

Neutral Grip Pull-up 5 x 5

Dips 5 x 5

(sinama ko upper ngayon kasi puyat ako kahapon di nakapag workout)

Assistance Exercises

Side Bends 50 lb x 10

Single Leg Calve raises bodyweight 2 x 10
    ^New PR haha! Good job!

Bro, your goal ba is strength or hypertrophy?
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    ^New PR haha! Good job!

Bro, your goal ba is strength or hypertrophy?

Aminin ko na habol ko rin hypertrophy kasama strength kasi gusto ko rin paganda katawan hehe. Pero generally training goal ko lang talaga to stay athletic para maka-function ako ng mas mabuti sa pang araw-araw.
    Well it's difficult to do both at the same time. It's like trying to mix oil and water. You have to prioritize.

You want to remain athletic for what particular sport?
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Well it's difficult to do both at the same time. It's like trying to mix oil and water. You have to prioritize.

You want to remain athletic for what particular sport?

That's true. Kaya bonus nalang sa akin ang aesthetics kung gumanda sakali yung katawan sa ensayo.

No sport in particular. I just want to maintain the ability to lift heavy, sprint fast, perform basic gymnastics movements and have a decent level of flexibility. In short, I just want to be a well-oiled regular joe. If anything else, I used to wrestle sa WAP for fun. Ever since napigil na ako dahil sa work, I've been trying to stay as fit as possible. Yung ugali kasi ng wrestler aggressive palagi gusto ready for action kaya diligent ako to remain in peak condition.
    If you continue to lift heavy naman it's almost impossible na hindi ka lumaki at magkaroon ng decent muscle mass. After some time you can switch to hypertrophy training din naman which is also what I do.

Siguro try to do those dynamic and mobility excercises on a different day so you can really push yourself hard during weightlifting. Also, try to choose better assistance exercises.
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    If you continue to lift heavy naman it's almost impossible na hindi ka lumaki at magkaroon ng decent muscle mass. After some time you can switch to hypertrophy training din naman which is also what I do.

Siguro try to do those dynamic and mobility excercises on a different day so you can really push yourself hard during weightlifting. Also, try to choose better assistance exercises.

That's true with regards to gaining decent muscle mass. I'm not out to compete or anything, basta batak hehe.

Personally I don't perform mobility or dynamic exercises during lifting days so that's no problem for me.

I agree with my calf training, need to boost it up a notch. However I find side bends crucial just because it's helped my squats and deadlifts tremendously. Louie Simmons stated that most lifters don't train their obliques directly anymore based on the misguided notion that compound lifts take care of the obliques and the abs. I believe he's correct with regards to direct ab and oblique training. I've yet to find any other kind of oblique training that allows me to train as efficiently as with basic side bends.

Neck training is also crucial in my opinion just because I got used to training them during my wrestling days. A strong neck in the mat minimizes the risk of injury.

Definitely training the core seperately is a must! You can't squat or pull heavy weights if your core is weak. I do it during ME deadlift day.
  • lastresortlastresort Posts: 1,116
    ^^ + 1000!!

Amen
  • After 6 weeks of the "hybrid workout" I tried out, bumalik ulit ako sa basic 5 x 5 program kanina. Made some changes rin sa assistance exercises as recommended by boss Mighty Oak, thanks boss. :heart:

Ass-to-grass Squats - warm-up 100 lb x 5

165 lb x 5, 170 lb x 5, 175 lb x 4, 180 lb x 2 (honestly this felt manageable strength-wise pero made a newbie mistake sa 3rd rep and did two wrong things, didn't tighten up lats and didn't inhale sa belly properly, kaya fail yung 3rd rep) 140 lb x 5

Bench Press 120 lb x 5, 125 lb x 5, 130 lb x 5, 5, 120 lb x 5

Pendlay Row 120 lb x 5, 130 lb x 5, 140 lb x 5, 150 lb x 5, 130 lb x 5

Assistance Exercises

Romanian Deadlift 170 lb 3 x 4 (ewan ko kung bakit pero sa RDL, mas-madali siyang gawin kung mas-mabigat for some weird reason, sunog hamstrings ko)

Leg Press Calve Raises 100 lb 3 x 10 (gaya-gaya puto maya kay boss mighty oak, ok pala ito mas-madaling mag load ng weight at mas-stable yung set-up)

Side Bends 50 lb 2 x 10
    Grip the bar hard and pull it as if your trying to bend the bar to instantly activate your lats.

Why is the poundage going down on the 5th set?

If you're doing 5x5 no need to add assistance exercises since your focus is strength.

• Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Grip the bar hard and pull it as if your trying to bend the bar to instantly activate your lats.

If you're doing 5x5 no need to add assistance exercises since your focus is strength.

Just greasing the groove for now since 6 weeks rin ako hindi nag-compounds sa upper. Regarding the squat naman I didn't want to be a hero na and go higher sa 5th set, so I let my ego out the door and just lowered the weight.

I'm sticking with those particular assistance exercises just because they target my weak links. While they're not directly related to maximal effort, every weak link means I don't get to lift the main lifts as much as I could if I addressed them.

Mighty_Oak wrote:

Just greasing the groove for now since 6 weeks rin ako hindi nag-compounds sa upper. Regarding the squat naman I didn't want to be a hero na and go higher sa 5th set, so I let my ego out the door and just lowered the weight.

I'm sticking with those particular assistance exercises just because they target my weak links. While they're not directly related to maximal effort, every weak link means I don't get to lift the main lifts as much as I could if I addressed them.

Typo error lang ba? Kasi sa squat you went higher on the 5th set pero sa bench and rows you lowered the weight on the last set.

Agree with RDL's hitting the hams' hard so is good mornings.
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Mighty_Oak wrote:

Typo error lang ba? Kasi sa squat you went higher on the 5th set pero sa bench and rows you lowered the weight on the last set.

Agree with RDL's hitting the hams' hard so is good mornings.

Ay hindi boss tama yun. Nanibago kasi ulit sa buhat nung dalawa. Tama nga sinabi mo regarding sa dapat hindi mawala yung compound sa upper body. Oh well, last time ko na yung "misadventure" with calisthenics taking the place of barbell compounds.

Dibale promise next week sa sarili, no pussying out na hehe.
    Ah ok. Better to start light than stalling early para mas steady and mahaba ang progression.
  • Olyimpic Squat warm-up 100 lb x 5

165 lb x 5, 170 lb x 5, 175 lb x 5, 180 lb x 5, 185 lb x 4 (parang sabi mo boss mighty, pulled the bar para ma-engage lats kaya nagawa na rin 180)

Military Press

60 lb x 5, 70 lb x 5, 80 lb x 5, 5, 90 lb x 4

Sumo Deadlift warm-up 100 lb x 3, 200 x 3

240 lb x 5, 250 x 3, 280 lb x 1
    Awesome lifts! Manage na lang muna siguro bro yung weight sa deadlifts to complete 5x5.
  • Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Awesome lifts! Manage na lang muna siguro bro yung weight sa deadlifts to complete 5x5.

Salamat sir hehe. Sinusundan ko kasi yung stronglifts 5x5 protocol kaya yung program 1 x 5 lang tlga yung nakasulat para sa deadlift. Actually yung 250 at 280 lbs mali nga yun kasi hindi kasama sa program, pero parang may laman pa kasi sa gas tank kaya sinubukan ko. Tigas talaga ulo ko minsan sumusuway sa program.
    I see akala ko kasi yung Bill Star 5x5 ang sinusundan mo.
  • 2nd week ng Stronglifts 5 x 5 program...

Ass-To-Grass Squat - warm-up 100 lb x 5

170 lb x 5, 175 lb x 5, 180 lb x 5, 185 lb x 5, 190 lb x 5

(kaka-wipe out talaga full squats, parang pinaddle legs ko...)

Overhead Press 60 lb 5 x 5

Sumo Deadlift - warm-up 100 lb x 3, 200 lb x 5

250 lb 1 x 5

No assistance exercises this time around... Kapag bumibigat na yung buhat, masyado nang pagod para mag assistance...
  • xfaz29.jpg

k6eeu.jpg

New pics just to see progress of 5 x 5.

Latest PRs

Conventional Deadlift 350 lb

Olympic Squat 230 lb

Bench Press 180 lb
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    good progress, keep it up
  • bardagulbardagul Posts: 658
    nice progress nang quads!
    gettin there brah!
  • Salamat mga bossing. Nag effort talaga ako hindi maging chicken legs para balanse katawan. Bulk nalang at korte ng upper body at bawas ng taba sa tsan.
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    try to cut at least 10-20lbs siguro mas ma mamangha ka sa kalalabasan ng katawan mo. cheers for the good progress!
  • Salamat sir milk sa suggestion hehe. Try ko mag switch sa high protein diet para makuha yung cuts na maganda.