Protein

hi. Mejo nahihirapan ako sa paghahanap ng source ng protein ko, ung carbs and fat namemeet ko naman. i eat 3 eggs in the morning, 3-5oz of pork/beef/chicken lunch/dinner then whey sa gabi pero kulang pa din. may masusuggest ba kayo na pwede kong isnack or anything na madali makapag add sa protein ko. thanks.

Comments

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308

Just double your pork beef and chicken intake, btw if youre eating 5oz, is that each meal or the whole day? You didnt include you current weight.

• jkurtjkurt Posts: 8

that's for each meal. I'm 77kg/170lbs, I'm a college student and doubling would really take away much of my allowance. thanks for the reply btw

edited July 2016

The best advice i could give you due to budget constraint is skip the whey and just allocate it on whole foods, my weekly budget for meat is around 800, thats 3kilos of ground beef and a kilo of breast fillet....if your spending on protein shakes, let say 1600 a month, that will instantly double your whole food allowance, allocate your resources...your priority must be food not supplements. from your figures, you are getting less than 80g a day from food, btw, different ang computation ng food with bones and fillet, plus iba ang value ng raw at cooked...when you weigh it, it must be fillet and cooked already, plus it depends on what cooking method...thats why i think youre getting less than what you posted.

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on
  • jkurtjkurt Posts: 8

yo thanks sa advice. really helpful. I'm planning to mealprep on schooldays. any thoughts about that? I think buying food in bulk would give me a bigger save.plus I can scale the food more precisely.

edited July 2016

I stock up around 3kilos of ground beef (p200/kilo) and a kilo of breast fillet(p205)...i cook them all one time, just add black pepper garlics and plenty of chilis(labuyo)...put them in tupperware, last me around 6days to a week, saturdays and sundays we eat out...thats were the whey comes in, food at restaurants are calorie dense pero lacks protein...i drink a scoop or two when need be. and yes i use a food scale at home.

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on
  • nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233

Kung estudyante ka pa lang, try mo muna 100 to 120 grams of protein per day. Di kailangan ng sobrang dami na protein unless you are cutting fat (calorie deficit)

Pero kung suportado ng parents mo yang pagbubuhat mo, aim for 0.8 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Halimbawa, sa body weight mo ngayon na 170 lbs, that would be 136 to 170 grams of protein per day

https://youtu.be/YOE2zIg7bN0

To give you an idea para di ka mahirapan sa protein counting,

100 grams of lean meat (beef, chicken, or fish) contains about 20 grams of protein.
    1 large egg contains about 8 grams of protein.
    egg white from 1 large egg contains about 4 grams of protein.

rippedbody.jp/how-to-count-macros/

Isama mo ang gulay sa diet mo, mandatory yan. Di ka mag-gain ng muscle pag walang gulay sa diet. Aim for green leafy vegetables tulad ng kang kong, pechay, at malunggay. Okay din ang beans tulad ng sitaw at monggo.

Sa training, focus lang na lumakas ka sa basic exercises tulad ng bench press, dips, pull ups, rows, squat at deadlift. Wag mo rin neglect ang isolation exercises pero don't go crazy on them

• xryuxryu Posts: 12

how about canned tuna or sardines included in daily consumption?

No problem with sardines and tuna, the canned part is the problem,