Bent but not broken

3 years ago my doctor said I have a 21 degree scoliosis on my lumbar or thoracic part of my back( i forgot what the doctor said ) and I also have a concave chest and rotated ribcage because of it. It affected my posture completely. Since that moment i knew I've got an abnormal body, I was so fucking depressed that i don't want to live anymore. The most pathetic part of it was about my family who doesn't give a shit about it. When the doctor said there are new studies about scoliosis that it doesn't hurt and the posture is the reason why there is present pain. My family thinks it doesn't hurt me everyday but the thing is, IT FUCKING DOES. Not a single fuck given about my health LOL, from that point onward, I new there's nothing I can do to change it and my family doesn't have an open mind. Before I sleep, I think about my scoliosis and bone structure problem, when I wake up, the first thing in my mind is to check my lower back, concave chest and rotated ribcage and how much disgusting it looks. Everyday I live out my life thinking about it every second, not a single day I didn't think about it. I remember bitching about it each day thinking, is it worth living this fucked up life?

Then one day, while playing World of Warcraft, I told my friend about my condition and he says that I'm just normal ( to make me feel better though it doesn't, but still props to him ). He told me about aesthetics which I don't have any idea about, he also told me about Zyzz. I looked it up on google and it directed me to video. I had no idea that this video would change my point of view in life. One of my inspirations is Lamar Gant.

So, I started workout out hoping to transform despite these struggles in life that is given to me. There's no way to change my genetics except for surgeries/braces/etc. And I'm pretty sure my family doesn't have a shitload of money to fix me, they're struggling to give my sister the best of the best things in life because she is studying Law and is on her 4th year. I'm not jealous about her, she's also doing the best she can to have a good life and that's good for her.

The purpose of this post is not to brag about my life but rather to change someone's point of view. We keep complaining on what we don't have but not enough to do anything about it. There's a shitload of people struggling through life every single day and others are just fucking sitting on their couches thinking about how their life is shit. In life, there's no such thing as waiting to get better, you've gotta get out there and beat your ass off to overcome the obstacles of life. That's just how it is.

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Posts: 19
    great story Fred! Shh don't mind them workout mo lang yan! woot woot!
    i used to obese, i had health problems too and i sunk into depression back then pero nabago ko naman eh it wasn't easy tapos negative pa lahat ng sinasabi at nirereject pa ung improvements ko ng mom ko pero na motivate ako kasi naka inspire ako ng ibang tao tapos naging fuel ko na un sa pag woworkout! Goodluck on your journey! :) Inspire more people!
  • kconradkconrad Posts: 97
    :welcome: to PBB!

It's nice to hear your story. Marami ring iba na may scolio dito, like myself. Tho mejo mataas nga lang curvature mo kaya kailangan ng dobleng pag-iingat. Anyway, you're way ahead of the others who do not have physical deformities but are stuck in their sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diet kaya cheers.
    The most pathetic part of it was about my family who doesn't give a shit about it. When the doctor said there are new studies about scoliosis that it doesn't hurt and the posture is the reason why there is present pain. My family thinks it doesn't hurt me everyday but the thing is, IT FUCKING DOES.

Kamusta naman leg at back WO mo, lalo na sa squats at DL, hindi ba sumasakit?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    Lamar Gant!
  • kconradkconrad Posts: 97
    His scoliosis is probably idiopathic and not due to muscular dystrophy or other abnormalities of the muscles, bones or nerves along the spinal column, so lifting weights is okay since he can progressively strengthen his back muscles.
    ano raw?? nosebleed ako sayo @kconrad haha

anyway, wala ka naman choice kung may scolio man or wala, you will still undergo the same process just like everyone else.
  • emongemong Posts: 254
    Welcome. Keep moving forward!
  • yopyopmyopyopm Posts: 366
    Welcome dito. Update mo lagi to para makainspire ka lalo sa new at existing members sir.
  • FredFred Posts: 29
    Update:

1 month ago, in the morning, my wrist was stiffed and won't move. Every morning it's like stoned LOL, so I stretch it after and I didn't know exactly what happened so I keep on lifting even if it hurts. 2 weeks after, I consulted on a ''manghihilot'' and he said it's just my vein was not placed right, 1 week later I got to him again and said it still hurts then the day after, I decided I'm tired of waking up in the morning massaging my wrist so I consulted another ''manghihilot'' but this time, it's legit because all the people said he has 45 years of experience fixing things. When I came up to him he said my wrist was dislocated and the guy who told me about the vein thing was just a fraud, he told me if I didn't got to him in time, my wrist would've been bent permanently. After getting a good recovery, I decided to troll that fraud. I took a dead rat's body and put it on a cellophane then I hid it under his house. I keep on checking him every morning for the last week to greet him and he keeps complaining about the smell.

U WOT M8?
  • Chico EnzoChico Enzo Posts: 420
    Welcome bro:) ako rin may mild scolio and pectus excavatum( concave chest). Cheers!
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Welcome bro:) ako rin may mild scolio and pectus excavatum( concave chest). Cheers!

Brah, do you still do bench press? if so, may results ba sa inner chest?
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:

Yes i sitll do it, honestly sa experience ko medyo mahirap ma isolate ung inner chest natin due to our skeletal structure. Sa akin mas na i-isolate ko sya using flyes, cable crossover, peck deck at svend press.
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:

Yes i sitll do it, honestly sa experience ko medyo mahirap ma isolate ung inner chest natin due to our skeletal structure. Sa akin mas na i-isolate ko sya using flyes, cable crossover, peck deck at svend press.

Brah, yung inclined bench ko may results sa gitna pero super slow talaga, 8 months na ako nag.bebench pero yung middle and lower pecs ko SLOW PROGRESS talaga, yung outer pecs ko lang lumaki talaga. Yung declined ko nag start ako ng 2 months ago pero parang wala atang effect. My middle and lower pecs lang talaga yung problema dre. Should I start doing decline presses again? or what?
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:

Brah, yung inclined bench ko may results sa gitna pero super slow talaga, 8 months na ako nag.bebench pero yung middle and lower pecs ko SLOW PROGRESS talaga, yung outer pecs ko lang lumaki talaga. Yung declined ko nag start ako ng 2 months ago pero parang wala atang effect. My middle and lower pecs lang talaga yung problema dre. Should I start doing decline presses again? or what?

i really can't tell. Kasi sa case ko upper and inner chest ung hirap mag respond. Try mo lang mag observe kung saan ka mas magrerespond, pero para sa akin give it time bro 8 months isnt enough :)
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:

i really can't tell. Kasi sa case ko upper and inner chest ung hirap mag respond. Try mo lang mag observe kung saan ka mas magrerespond, pero para sa akin give it time bro 8 months isnt enough :)

Sige bro. Anyways, ito sana yung gagawin ko ngayong araw

Inclined Bench
    Flat Bench
    Declined Bench
    Inclined Guillotine Press
    Flat Guillotine Press
    Declined Guillotine Press
    Cable Crossover
    Middle Pec incinerator - video
    Dumbell Pullover

gagawin ko rin yung svend katulad ng sayo, naa.isolate talaga yung middle chest pag.tingin ko sa video :D

Anyways, thoughts mo sa gagawin kong workout mamaya? may kailangan bang kunin or idagdag?
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:

Inclined Bench
    Flat Bench
    Declined Bench
    Flat Guillotine Press
    Cable Crossover
    Dumbell Pullover

gagawin ko rin yung svend katulad ng sayo, naa.isolate talaga yung middle chest pag.tingin ko sa video :D

Anyways, thoughts mo sa gagawin kong workout mamaya? may kailangan bang kunin or idagdag?

sa tingin ko too much volume and redundant ung ibang exercises. try to simplify it bro, ditch mo muna ung mga Guillotine Presses(incline, flat and decline) replace mo ung decline bench press to dips.
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:
    Fred wrote:
    Chico Enzo wrote:

Inclined Bench
    Flat Bench
    Declined Bench
    Flat Guillotine Press
    Cable Crossover
    Dumbell Pullover

sa tingin ko too much volume and redundant ung ibang exercises. try to simplify it bro, ditch mo muna ung mga Guillotine Presses(incline, flat and decline) replace mo ung decline bench press to dips.

Will do bro, other than that? yung middle pec isolation, cabble cross, and pullover ok lang ba in that order? tsaka svend press yung pinaka.last?
    dko pa na try yang middle pec isolation/incinerator, for me i prefer peckdeck/cable crossover. PAra sa akin, dont go to fancy sa exercises mo. start with the basics muna especially compound movements. Focus on getting stronger using proper form, eat on a surplus and rest. Karamihan kc sa atin naneneglect natin ung importance ng nutrition and rest during our noob/newbie days.

Much better if magbasa2x ka more on proper nutrition kc ito ang pinakamahirap itama IMO. :)
    Incline and Flat BP
    Dips
    Flyes (incline or flat)

add weight, reps, sets on those exercise as much as possible. that's all for now. Matagal lumaki ang chest, that's why Monday is the International Chest Day Brah kasi lahat hirap magpalaki ng chest at hindi makukuha sa variety ng exercise, frequency at volume basta basta. It will take years...