From Scrawny to Brawny

Comments

• riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018
    3 days into the Peak Week protocol, 2 full body depletion workout done (1 more to go), 4 more days before the photo shoot. Starting to feel the heavy burden. Must move forward and carry on with the task at hand. Finish hard, finish strong!

JzLEPaO.jpg

PEACE OUT!
    Pretty bland tasting meal. The suffering begins! =(

w8jtnokl.jpg
    Sweet Potato, Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet, No Sodium

At least I get to enjoy carbs now after having no carbs for the past 11 days. Hah! :tongue:

PEACE OUT!
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    riddler wrote:
    Pretty bland tasting meal. The suffering begins! =(

w8jtnokl.jpg
    Sweet Potato, Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet, No Sodium

"Isipin mo nalang... Ham 'yan!"
    -Lady's Choice Mayonnaise Ads.
    1 cup of water (approximately 250ml) with 5 meals of bland (no sodium) dry carbs and protein meal for the day. Tough, but not impossible. Almost there....

2 meals down with at least half cup of water left for the rest of the day. Photo shoot tomorrow morning at around 9-10 am. I hope it's worth the effort.

PEACE OUT!
  • MaloyMaloy Posts: 582
    admiring ang determination sir. keep it up ! :)
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Bro paanong photoshoot ba yan?

Lahat ng naka s2b sama sama kayo?
    allen101 wrote:

Final individual progress photo bro. They are teaching us how to reach peak condition let's say if we want to hit the beach or just do some photo shoots like fitness models. It's an optional requirement too to enter the S2B transformation contest, whoever gets the best transformation, wins $10,000 grand prize. Meron din mga consolation prizes at around $1,000 each.
    riddler wrote:
    allen101 wrote:

Final individual progress photo bro. They are teaching us how to reach peak condition let's say if we want to hit the beach or just do some photo shoots like fitness models. It's an optional requirement too to enter the S2B transformation contest, whoever gets the best transformation, wins $10,000 grand prize. Meron din mga consolation prizes at around $1,000 each.

Laki na rin. Do your best and goodluck!
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Goodluck and keep us posted with the results!
    Morning of the photo shoot after waking up. No meal, no water, no pump. I lost almost 3kg in 3 days. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

ypRpnUQ.jpg
    Approximately 9.5 weeks progress when I started leaning out last January.

I feel so small, deflated and dehydrated but very tight skinned and looking ripped. Doing some final preps now, 2 hours before the shoot.

And yes, before you ask, I did use a spray tan for a bit of color and avoid that washout look once the light starts popping! :twitcy:
    Photo shoot is in the books now!

Here's a fun shot for you guys! I definitely had fun! Hahaha! :twitcy:

wpqsFvi.jpg

PEACE OUT!
    Parang si DC lang ah!
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Mirin progress, really had a lot of size added in all body parts, arms, pecs, abs , lats, neck, tris, legs overall improvement good job mr riddler!
    Did my skinfold measurement (7-site) today with a fitness professional. Couldn't be more satisfied with the result.

10 weeks lean out (including peak week)
    HbAeZQ3.jpg
    Start: 63kg at 18% body fat
    End: 57kg at 9.8% body fat

Doing some final finishing touches on the photos I got from the shoot. Here's a sneak peek:
    uA5J7sQl.jpg
    Money Shot!

PEACE OUT!
  • iSamsonJeffiSamsonJeff Posts: 764
    Good job sir Riddler ! :sport:
  • Chico EnzoChico Enzo Posts: 420
    riddler wrote:
    Did my skinfold measurement (7-site) today with a fitness professional. Couldn't be more satisfied with the result.

HbAeZQ3.jpg

Doing some final finishing touches on the photos I got from the shoot. Here's a sneak peek:
    uA5J7sQl.jpg
    Money Shot!

PEACE OUT!

WOW! GJ sir, galing ng progress. mirin single digit bf% \m/
  • bundesheerbundesheer Posts: 208
    Good job bro!cheerscheers
  • RayKriegRayKrieg Posts: 577
    Mirin brah!
    A very timely post from one of my most respected figure in the fitness industry, Jason Ferruggia.

Got haters? Good for you! Read on...
    Why Haters Make it so Much Easier For You to Succeed

PEACE OUT!
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    that " money shot " picture is SHREDDED! GJ sir Riddler! :bodybuilder:
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    riddler wrote:

HbAeZQ3.jpg

uA5J7sQl.jpg
    Money Shot!

PEACE OUT!

shredded as fuarkk! MIRIN the gainz brah! :sport:
    Just reviewed some of our S2B lessons and stumbled again on Henry Rollins' short story entitled THE IRON. A very inspirational and thought provoking story.

This is my favorite snippet...
    Muscle mass does not always equal strength. Strength is kindness and sensitivity. Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional. That it comes from the body and the mind. And the heart.

Full story can be found below which I shared earlier here in my journal.
    http://pinoybodybuilding.com/Thread-From-Scrawny-to-Brawny?pid=87735#pid87735

PEACE OUT!
    10 Weeks Lean-Out and Photoshoot Prep

Here are the details on what happened within the last 10 weeks.

Week 1-8 progress photos can be found here.

Week 9 1/2 (March 19, 2014)
    1UVup2a.jpg

Peak Week (Day 1 - Day 7) comparison
    O9CUI9n.jpg
    • BCAA's became the most important supplement during leaning out.
    • I did 2 sessions (20-30 mins each) of cardio (morning/post-workout walk) daily, 6-7 days per week.
    • 4 lifting days weekly, 30-45 mins per session.
    • 2 intervals weekly, 15-20 rounds (1:1) each.
    • I used Intermittent Fasting (16:8) protocol as my eating style during the lean out.
    • Usual meal is Protein + Veggies (Greens), nothing else. Refeed every 2 weeks.
    • I never counted calories during the whole leaning out period.
    • Peak week is BRUTAL. It's about depletion, carb-loading and electrolytes/water manipulation.
    • And yes... IT CAN BE DONE! :)

zROh7UV.jpg

PEACE OUT!
    Nice progress from your bulk to cut period.
    Can you make a comparison photo before you started S2b-Bulk-cut period?

Would really appreciate it.
    Thanks!
    Yep from the start of s2b before you even bulked :)
    Seriously, everything is well documented within the journal. Sidebar? Front page? Backread? A bit of effort from your side could give you what you want and I would really appreciate it if you do it that way. :)
    I'm saving you the hassle sir @allen

here is sir @riddler's progress

28i0lr4.jpg

2hmge86.jpg
    Nakikita ko naman yung side bar, at nabasa ko na din dati pa ung napakahaba mong front page, isa pa nga ko sa mga unang nagcomment kung magbaback read ka.
    Ang nirerequest ko lang naman sana yung magkakatabi sila. "Comparision nga eh.
    Before S2B-Bulk S2B-Lean S2B.

Anyway, nevermind.
    Yatez wrote:
    I'm saving you the hassle sir @allen

here is sir @riddler's progress

28i0lr4.jpg

2hmge86.jpg

Thanks
    Yatez, thank you for your amazing photo editing skills, I'm afraid I have to redo it though because it was too awesome. I don't deserve it. :)

Okay, since you guys are very demanding, I give in. :)

Bx9yap2.jpg
    Pre-S2B, End of Bulk, Peak Week Day 1
    Click photo to enlarge

I used the Day 1 of the Peak Week photo because that's how I look on a normal day. I was too dehydrated and deflated on that Day 7 photo. You also have to take note that the first photo shows a bit of pump (I just finished doing Insanity at that time) while the other two photos shows how I look during mornings after waking up.

If it's still lacking details, let me know. :)
    riddler wrote:
    Seriously, everything is well documented within the journal. Sidebar? Front page? Backread? A bit of effort from your side could give you what you want and I would really appreciate it if you do it that way. :)

Seems you used a picture in which you were "thinner" you asked us to use this journal as reference for your early pictures so that says that these pictures are more recent than the one you made.

Here's a better one, the first one I made were in two different posings, here's a better picture of your Progress, sorry for the pixalation on the before pic i tried my best to resize it because the angle in which you were in was kinda far off from the cam, but we all can see the progress and gainzzzz you made :) props again to you bro

sbrpc0.jpg