Official Nutrition Q&A thread

Comments

• nrg500nrg500 Posts: 1,233
    @ jonrivs49
    My question is if you dont believe research studies which by the way conducted by experts

Hindi lahat ng scientific study ay pwede gamitin as proof

Halimbawa, may scientific study stating that the body needs at least 2g of protein per pound of lean body mass to build extra muscle. But the scientific study was funded by, let's say, Optimum Nutrition.

Wouldn't you be skeptical ?

I got mine from a reliable source. Nutritionist/pravtitioner. You can do high protein. But lowering carbs is not beneficial. You lose weight because you are on a kcal deficit. Carbs is needed for energy source dude.

No wonder a lot of Pinoys are fat or obese or has diabetes.

Protein can also be used as an energy source

Fat is better than carbs if we are talking about energy source
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819
    mga papz, maliban sa peanut butter, anung mas prefer nyo para sa fats? di kasi ako hiyang sa PB kasi nag ka pimples ako sa may leeg. ssimula kasi last week nag paka sasa ako sa P! minsan kasing kapal na halos ng wheat bread ang pag lagay ko then ayun! tagihawat to da max na.. any suggestions? thank you in advance
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Olive oil, Whole Milk, Canola LOL
    Canola????LOL hihihi

thanks papz. wala bang medyo masarap sarap like PB? yung whole milk every night bago ko matulog
  • aloy0511aloy0511 Posts: 948
    virgin coconut oil lol
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Vegetable oil! yung iinumin mo! garantisado tol

gainzz!
  • Avocado with milk..
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    almonds for maximum wallet painzzzz
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Egg yolk.
    @monch

Pwede ba ung mga almond chocolate like macademia? Hihihi

@allen

Ilang dilaw ng itlog dapat per day? Thanks
    Ikaw na makaka alam nun. Depende sa macro mo.
    Ako personally 4 yolks a day.
    Once in a while bacon source ng fat ko. Pero.yung murang bacon lang ah, hehe
  • juneGjuneG Posts: 164
    Eggs or milk?
    For gaining muscle mass.
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Either of the two, or combo!
    Core wrote:
    Either of the two, or combo!

Sir nakalimutan ko i mention skinnyfat nga pala ako, pwede ba combo nun.
    Salamat
    samahan mo pa ng manok para triple combo lol
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    Yes...
  • beef padin the best. lean beef.
    Oh my beef,
    Pag may okasyon lang ako nakakakain beef dito samin.
    HaHaha
    Yatez wrote:
    samahan mo pa ng manok para triple combo lol

+ lean beef, lean pork, whey protein plus smuckers to the highest level of gainzzz!

@ June - Skinny ka na pala bro bat namimili ka pa sa dalawa, damihan mo kain mo, eat them all!
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    +1 why choose from them while you can have them both so that you have the best of all worlds of gainzzz!
  • vids na rin or you didn't eat !
    Hahahaha taena
    @allen
    Skinny pero mataas % ng fat,
    kabadtrip bat naging ganito katawan ko
    hahaha
  • Hi. My height's 5 feet 8 inches and my weight's currently at 156 pounds (Coming from 210). I still have fat in my belly and I'm just wondering how much calories I should eat to lose the belly while gaining lean muscle? In terms of exercise I'm following P90X2 (Almost done with month one. Did Insanity, Focus T25 and P90X before).
  • you will not gain lean mass / muscle at the same time lose fat. wag ka pabulag sa p90x na yan at insanity wo na yan,
  • I've already tried both and it works. Have you? The problem that I've been having really is on my diet.

Right now I'm at a 15% body fat. I have read that you can't do both at the same time, so which one do you suggest I go for first? Lose the fat and then build the muscle or build the muscle and then lose fat?
    can you post your before and after pic after going thru the insanity workout?

Go for the latter, 99% of the time if you start cutting with nothing to cut from you would only look like someone who doesn't lift (unless that is your goal).
    Lets get ready to rumbleeee!! Naamoy ko na!! HAHAHA
  • monching11 wrote:
    can you post your before and after pic after going thru the insanity workout?

Go for the latter, 99% of the time if you start cutting with nothing to cut from you would only look like someone who doesn't lift (unless that is your goal).

Great. So build muscle first and then cut? Seems like a logical idea too. Thanks.

I didn't have any "official" before pics because I was a bit ashamed to take them. I initially thought I was just overweight but found out that I was obese after having my measurements taken in PE class.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/555979_241955859277271_1691131410_n.jpg

The one on the right was taken 1 or two weeks after Insanity.
  • ^start lifting bro. just the basics. You need it now :)