The "Badass" Blueprint (IN THE TRENCHES)

Comments

• milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    i hope sir big dawg is reading this, sir wannajoin us on a GWO some day? yes, this will be a great and exciting GWO if it happens!
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    i will bring pen and paper! hehe
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    thanks sir milk, actually nakaabang lang ang sa mga schedules ng GWO unfortunately hindi pa swak sa schedule ko (i train early around 6-7am) at location kasi taga cainta ako. but im looking forward to learn from you guys!

Onga pala ikaw yung taga cainta, san ka sa cainta sir?
    Magkano ba singil mo sa Pa-PT per session?
    Hahaha.
    taga cambridge ako along floodway. malapit sa ortigas extension. hehe medyo iba yung set up ko sir with my clients. kaya i prefer discussing it in private.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Yeah would be awesome if we could all kick it one day! I got a neck to heal up first, then gotta sync it with the wife - we have a 13 month old baby boy so he comes first hehe. :)
    San ka ba nag-gygym?
    Sa eusebio fitness center AKA rainforest gym. minsan sa bodyplus. Sabay ka sakin minsan kung gusto mo.
    Di ko alam yung eusebio, before nagtratrain ako sa body plus.
    Sige minsan kapag mag train ka dun sabay ako.. hehe.
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Sir mighty and big dawg... should i cut the volume on my workouts? What do you think? I train every other day but extends my rest day to 2 days if needed. My routine has been working wonders for me in terms of athletic performance and what i wanna look like but im looking for fresh ideas. Im aiming for a few pounds of lean mass by the end of the year, i dont mind experimenting at this point if it will yield better results. thanks guys!

If it's working for you, don't try to fix it bro. Based on reading some of your posts, you seem very knowledgable & experienced to the game. The only thing I would remind (as I'm sure you already know) is to keep trying to add weight to the bar or get 1 more rep whenever you can. That's probably the most important change anyone can make. Happy growing! :)

Ditto.

Or squeeze in a day when you will have a Max effort day on those compound lifts. Observe the thick guys like Ron Coleman, Johnnie Jackson, Kevin Levrone, Stan Efferding and even Arnold. Those guys were former power lifters and that's how they became "thick" and not just big.
    Pag weekend siguro para hindi alangan sa schedule. Sabihan mo lang ako in advance. Ok dun sa rainforest nasa loob yun ng park. Try mo google. Isang tric lang yun from jennys ortigas ext.
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Sir mighty and big dawg... should i cut the volume on my workouts? What do you think? I train every other day but extends my rest day to 2 days if needed. My routine has been working wonders for me in terms of athletic performance and what i wanna look like but im looking for fresh ideas. Im aiming for a few pounds of lean mass by the end of the year, i dont mind experimenting at this point if it will yield better results. thanks guys!

If it's working for you, don't try to fix it bro. Based on reading some of your posts, you seem very knowledgable & experienced to the game. The only thing I would remind (as I'm sure you already know) is to keep trying to add weight to the bar or get 1 more rep whenever you can. That's probably the most important change anyone can make. Happy growing! :)

Ditto.

Or squeeze in a day when you will have a Max effort day on those compound lifts. Observe the thick guys like Ron Coleman, Johnnie Jackson, Kevin Levrone, Stan Efferding and even Arnold. Those guys were former power lifters and that's how they became "thick" and not just big.

Hell yeah Oak! Coleman was squatting and deadlifting 800lbs for 2 reps only 6 weeks out from the Olympia back in 2003. Arnold was pulling 600lbs back in Austria at only 19 y.o. I don't know why many think if you are into bodybuilding per se, that it must mean using more machines and cables and high reps with baby weights haha. Fuck dat. Nobody gets big like that. It's all about busting ass on the basics and getting stronger over time.
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Big Dawg wrote:

Ditto.

Hell yeah Oak! Coleman was squatting and deadlifting 800lbs for 2 reps only 6 weeks out from the Olympia back in 2003. Arnold was pulling 600lbs back in Austria at only 19 y.o. I don't know why many think if you are into bodybuilding per se, that it must mean using more machines and cables and high reps with baby weights haha. Fuck dat. Nobody gets big like that. It's all about busting ass on the basics and getting stronger over time.

Big dawg and Sir mighty, you think squeezing in another training day specific for a PL style lifting is a good idea? i train upper and lower body twice a week, i'll extend my split to 8 days to cover it with sufficient rest days in between. or should i do PL instead of a second lower body workout? it seems very beneficial for my current goal. thanks guys!
    Nice discussion!More more! Hehehe
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Big Dawg wrote:

Ditto.

Big dawg and Sir mighty, you think squeezing in another training day specific for a PL style lifting is a good idea? i train upper and lower body twice a week, i'll extend my split to 8 days to cover it with sufficient rest days in between. or should i do PL instead of a second lower body workout? it seems very beneficial for my current goal. thanks guys!

Dude I just read thru your entire log to help answer your question as well as I can. Here's my take: You have a helluva physique natty. Many guys that sliced are running clen, mast, tren, etc. You obviously know what you are doing. I myself don't like all the supersets and short rest times you are doing bcoz that is usually not the best way to go about building pure size. But I'm not going to tell a man to change up when it's working great for him. Also, you already are lifting some heavy weights considering your size - I damn sure can't bench 2x my bdwt for reps haha - respect. I also read your goals and what you don't want. So, considering that, I wouldn't change a thing and keep on gettin' it bro! :)
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Big Dawg wrote:

Ditto.

Not necessarily a pure PL type of programming but dedicate a day in your training program wherein you would go for max weight. Just like what Sir Big Dawg said Ron Coleman was doing 800lb DL's 6 weeks out from the Olympia (that happens to be one of may fave vids in YT).

Go for super heavy weights 1-2RM on those big lifts and most likely you'll be thicker overall. and preserve more muscle mass. This is why many PL's and strongman look solid and thick (insert Marius Pudzianowski) as compared to your typical BB'er.

Again, this is just my take on this matter it would still boil down to your ultimate goal and you definitely know what to do given your experience. Also, we have opposite goals as I'm more into strength training but also a closet bodybuilder :)
    thank you for the inputs big dawg and sir mighty. well, i guess i should take things one step at a time and improve from here. one thing that striked me most (although im aware of it) is adding weight to the bar. to be honest, i dont add weight on every workout because my logic was to be good at my current poundage until it feels light to me. Once I get to that point that’s when I’ll increase my warmp up sets and working sets. Now, I realized that I should not be hesitant to test myself and max out on every workout (I sound like a newbie but it is what it is haha).

Workout yesterday (June 19, 2013): Arms 30 minutes

Woke up late and it was raining so I wasn’t able to go to the gym to train legs. Arms nalang pinagtripan ko. Yun lang ok gawin sa gym sa condo kasi limited ang equipments.
    Seated bent over raises
    Side lateral raises
    Front raises
    Lying cable upright row
    Dumbbell curls
    Hammer curls

Lower Body June 20, 2013
    duration 8:30am-9:30am

Stretch 10minutes

Legpress
    250x15-20x2
    350x10x2
    450x10x2
    Dropset: 450-350-250 10 reps each with no rest

Squats (ass to the floor)
    200x10x3
    230x6x3
    leg extensions 150x12-18x4
    standing calf raise 620x15-20x5

current weight 161lbs
    thank you for the inputs big dawg and sir mighty. well, i guess i should take things one step at a time and improve from here. one thing that striked me most (although im aware of it) is adding weight to the bar. to be honest, i dont add weight on every workout because my logic was to be good at my current poundage until it feels light to me. Once I get to that point that’s when I’ll increase my warmp up sets and working sets. Now, I realized that I should not be hesitant to test myself and max out on every workout (I sound like a newbie but it is what it is haha).

When you say maxing out I hope you mean as in maxing out regarding intensity and not a single rep max.
    Yes big dawg, blood and guts...
    Yes big dawg, blood and guts...

Yeah bro now you're talkin'! Awesome video too haha! :)
    qqpdso.jpgqqpdso.jpgDid my usual upper body routine but cut back my sets to 2 per exercise. Poundage was up a little:

Weighted dips +100lbs
    Weighted chins and pullups +40
    Flat iso machine press 330lbs
    Flat DP 100lbs each
    Incline flyes 45lbs

Reps around 8-12

Current weight 162lbs
    qqpdso.jpg

Slowly gaining weight!
    those numbers! and to consider you only weigh 160lbs! damn!
    milksworth wrote:
    those numbers! and to consider you only weigh 160lbs! damn!

Hell yes that's sick! Yo Badass respect dude!
    Thanks for the motivation guys!
    Solid back as fuck! Numbers as well!
    Thanks allen!
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    That christmas tree will be more defined this coming yuletide season, keep it up!
    Strong numbers brotha'!
  • kulafu25kulafu25 Posts: 292
    hanep sa back sir, para ka ng may pakpak! astig! keep it up sir
    nakamotivate kayo lalo! salamat sa inyo! hehe

Lower Body June 24, 2013
    duration 7:30am-9:30am

Stretch and ab work 20minutes
    Legpress
    350x10x2
    450x10x2
    350x12x1

Squats (ass to the floor)
    200x10x2
    230x6x3

Deadlift
    270x10x1
    300x6x1
    330x3x1
    330x2x1
    350x1rep

walking lunges 6 sets
    standing calf raise 620x20x4 superset with seated calf raise 200x20x4

current weight 162lbs
    heto talaga masarap makasabay bumuhat eh. sa sususnod na buhat namin sama ka na dude!