My journey of self improvement.

TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308
edited May 2016 in Personal Journals

I started working out around the early nineties, i was around my late teens, was always active and into various sports until i was plagued by injuries, basketball took its toll on my knees, like what i said i was active, no matter what situation in life was in, i was always lifting, pushing or pulling something, i dwelve for a few years in competative shooting, , as usual, lifting was there, then everytime there is a gun ban when there are no competitions, i took to mountain bike, i was a regular in nuvali, bombing the trails twice a week, plus a monthly century ride from pque to tagaytay and back....life was good, again weightlifting was also there, when i stopped doing mtb, i concentrated on being the biggest that i can, at 6ft i came close to 260lbs, , here i am with few childhood friends, familiar faces? Yes i was big, strong? Maybe, but i have one weakness, i was a binge drinker, i wont go home until i was piss drunk, i was a johnny walker guy, neat please(no ice, no chaser)last dec 2015, me and my family was in korea for 2 weeks, what do you do when its cold and snowing? drink soju...and beer, every night, we went back here in there philippines a few days before new year, the usual drinking fanfare happen, jan 1 we came home from a party, i was having a tummy ache, the pain, became so intense, i was vomitting non stop, i was rush to the E.R that night, i was having what they call acute pancreatitis, the one that killed rico yan, when i was at the E.R, i was saying goodbye to my wife, mother and daughter, the acid from my pancreas damaged my kidneys, my creatinine level was 1600( normal was 137), the doctor said dialysis is needed to save my kidneys, i had 4 dialysis session, i was 220lbs when i admitted in the hospital, i balloned to 260lbs because i was not excreting any waste, fecal and urine , i was at death's door and in constant pain, plus all the pain killers(morphine) they were giving me made me see things, i was already talking to shadows that only i can see, after a few bouts of dialysis they started to see improvements, bad news is, i needed to be operated on, i have gall stones as big as chic peas, and my gall baldder was full to the brim, after staying in the hospital for two weeks and a hospital bill amounting to half a million, i was told that i cant lift again, i need to watch what i eat, only a low protein diet, and i need to go back to re schedule my operation, my creatinine was still high, we still had to wait if it goes down or not, i stayed at home for a week, the first time we went out to go to church, i immediately went to chris sports to buy those resistance bands, bought the 5lbs band for girls:) started using them, btw i have a stationary bike at the office which helped a lot, Then some good news came, my creatinine was low enough to merit an operation, when the doctor saw me he said, i see youve been working out again, they took out my gall bladded 2nd week of april 2016, , the doctor said again youre not allowed to lift anything for a month, a day after my operation, i was on the stationary bike, after 5days i was in the gym lifing light weights, heres a pic a few days after the operation here one after a month , i can now do 80lb dumbells for 10-12reps, right now im around 80%, im still recovering, i hope to gain few more pounds, , btw im 6ft 198lb 32inch waist, age 42....thank you lord for giving me another chance, btw did i metion i have a titanium sleeve in my arm, broke it before in a few places, well thats another story.

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on

Comments

• TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308

Bought some 32in skinny shorts, im around 202lbs when i woke up this morning, i know im middle age already, people still cant tell.

edited May 2016

Same old same old food:)

Resting heart rate is up, i wonder why

Leg and shoulder/triceps split, morning and evening

Caloric intake and expenditure

Total macros

Protein-177g
    Carbs-207g
    Fat 104g
    24hr fast, 2177 calories in one meal

Texas roadhouse has the best porkchops, shrimps and beef strips, my guesstimate its around 1300-1500 calories..

Protein-195
    Carbs-120
    Fat-95

There are a few that are cheating:)

edited June 2016

Got eat lunch here at atc, if myfitnesspal's estimate are correct, calories Is only 1000 cal for the 2pcs 1/3lb angus burgers for 199. Not bad.

After eating, family went to the grocery,

My food for the week is:

3 dozen eggs, 4 kilos of mixed breast and thigh fillet, 1 kilo ground beef..

We need to take care of the feet also

N5yVzTr.jpg

pre work out meal, inexpensive and easy to make, 585calories, 86g of protein. 11g of carbs, 32g of fat. ill pm the recipe if someone need it.

Had dinner at mercato, ordered 4pcs quarter leg,

Protein:298
    Fat:100
    Carb:32

edited June 2016

Leg and shoulders, burned a thousand calories in 1hr and 25mins only. Heart rate went up to 167bpm.

• ironpump666ironpump666 Posts: 309

nice journal boss! ang galing sa pag compute ng macros andami kong matutunan rito for sure :) keep it up!

@TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    pre work out meal, inexpensive and easy to make, 585calories, 86g of protein. 11g of carbs, 32g of fat. ill pm the recipe if someone need it.

penge naman ng recipe nyan, bossing :)

@ironpump666 said:
    penge naman ng recipe nyan, bossing :)

Sure, i always have a 3 days worth of white rice in the ref, already mashed together with soy sauce, i just scoop what i need, when i need it,
    This is for a days worth only
    You need:

8 eggs
    750g of thigh fillet
    1-2 tlbs of vigin coconut oil( you can use chui chao chili for extra flavor)
    3/4 cup of marinated white rice

Cook the thigh first, use the coconut oil, 5-7mins medium hear, when done, remove juice from the pan, cook the eggs, scambed it, when done remove it and set aside, remember the juices from the chicken fillet? that will be your oil for frying the rice, medium heat, 8-10mins, add the eggs and fillet once the rice is done.. Good for 3 meals.

@ironpump666 said:
    nice journal boss! ang galing sa pag compute ng macros andami kong matutunan rito for sure :) keep it up!

Kuya, there is a saying, if you dont count them, you cant manage them.

Its the first day of school bukas, Need to get used to the new routine, bought a months worth just in case i cant cook in the morning, ill just bring 2 shaker cups with me on weekdays.

If THOR has his Mjölnir, i also have mine

My 1st lunch later, 1st day of school and its daddy duties again then straight to the office

@TRoll_W_a_Heart tnx for sharing the recipe. Gagawin ko to bukas :) gagawa rin ako ng Ground angus beef version neto hehehe. I need to make bawi sa quality ng kinakain ko kase wala akong budget pang supplements kase medjo mahirap ang buhay ko ngayon.

on angus beef, not too lean, no taste when too lean, when buying beef in the market, you can ask the person who grounds the meat if he could add some carrots and onions (which you have brought of course)...add some fat to add taste.good luck

thnx sa input ser Troll. yan din sabi sa akin ng kabakal ko eh.. tas mas mura ung normal beef lang.

K, good luck and enjoy

Yeaterday's output, burned 2400calories before lunchtime.

a

Ah midlife crisis, what have you done again

Now at 203, 5lbs more is enough

Lucky me Jjampong, its more than a year or so since i ate one, just to break the monotomy of chicken, eggs everyday.

Food intake

Day is not over, i will get my deficit

Protein 270g
    Carbs 154
    Fat 107

ayus! keep it up ser!

1440 calories, 195g of protein for lunch