mutant whey good or bad?

I've tried mutant whey a while ago for the 1st time. I've bought a 5lbs bag for 2200.

Added 2 scoops in a 400ml shaker. No clumps if you shake it for over a minute.
The taste was good but was a little bit sweet. Chug it down and texture was smooth. After 30minutes i felt my stomach was crumbling and i have to go to the comfort room. At last, a mutant poop.

After a minute i felt i needed to go back to the cr again to pee. It was Painful urinating. This is the feeling i have when using creatine.

After that i went to the gym. I hit the threadmill for 15 minutes. I felt energized. Monday international chest day. Ive finished all exercises and added extra weights. Ive notice that it gave me an extra boost.

Ive searched all over the internet about the side effects of mutant whey but found none. All I've noticed is that this product is not available in Iammutant.com (official mutant website) and bodybuilding.com.

Overall, this is a good product but due to the fact it gave me pain when urinating. Safety and health first. I will not recommend this product.

I'd like to hear your experience if you have used this product.Mutant

Comments

• Nasanay na ang tyan ko sa mutant whey. Mutant gas na lg.
  • wow mutant whey 10lbs 2200 lng?
  • Yan ba typical price nyan? 10 lbs @ P2200? O_O San mo nabili?
  • pabili nga nyan now na :) baka po mutant mass yan
  • Sorry sorry... 5lbs pala 2200
  • I just found out that Mutant Whey is positive for Amino Spiking.
    Kaya pala pinullout na nila sa Mutant at sa Bodybuilding.com

https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/fit-foods-mutant-whey-lawsuit
  • Amino spiking???

• best parin ang ON Gold Standard Whey or if low budget ka eh Promatrix nlng

• a 5lb On whey, last me around 3momths or so...

• Imo, supplement is just supplement, what matter most is the solid food you take.
    Ive been there before, 3 times a day ang pagtake ko ng whey and ang result, bloatedness and fats overload.
  • TRoll_W_a_HeartTRoll_W_a_Heart Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2016
    bundesheer wrote: »
    Imo, supplement is just supplement, what matter most is the solid food you take.
    Ive been there before, 3 times a day ang pagtake ko ng whey and ang result, bloatedness and fats overload.

Thats why a 5lb jug of whey last me 3 months, i just take it when im going out, dont know what so special bout it...its just food "to go" for me

Post edited by TRoll_W_a_Heart on
  • @21_tobey said:
    Amino spiking???

When you digest protein it's broken down to amino acids, these are what's used to build muscle. There are different amino acids needed and the body can break down certain ones to build others as it needs. Certain amino acids can't be made though, you really have to get protein that has them. These are called essential amino acids.

Not all protein are the same, most plant protein are non complete proteins coz they lack certain essential amino acids. Whey protein is popular because it is considered a complete protein and contains all 9 essential amino acids.

With whey a lot of people check out the protein per scoop as their basis for selecting a brand. What some companies do is add certain amino acids that are cheaper than whey. Simply put, these however aren't as useful to the body as simply adding more whey. You end up taking more of a specific amino acid whereas your body needs a balance of the different types. As a result the company can boast a higher protein per scoop even if it's lower with respect to what your body uses.

Whey that have creatine included in it end up fooling certain tests used to measure the amount of protein. So I avoid those too.

• @TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    bundesheer;144645" said:

Imo, supplement is just supplement, what matter most is the solid food you take.

Thats why a 5lb jug of whey last me 3 months, i just take it when im going out, dont know what so special bout it...its just food "to go" for me

The only special thing about it is it's quickly absorbed by the body and the only time that's important is after workout nutrition. Though if you eat protein at regular intervals during the day you pretty much ensure you have protein ready to be used so don't really need whey.

• ler4_warler4_war Posts: 186
    edited September 2016

To add on the above comment, apart from checking if there's creatine content in whey protein, you can also check for Taurine, Glycine, and sometimes Glutamine. If the whey protein has these ingredients, it is most likely spiked. Hydrogen testing is the most simplest and cheapest form in checking the protein content, however, it's not specific on what protein content is in the product so some protein brands can get away for a certain period until they face a lawsuit when evaluated by the FDA.

Post edited by ler4_war on
  • cramnhoj wrote: »
    @TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    bundesheer;144645" said:

The only special thing about it is it's quickly absorbed by the body and the only time that's important is after workout nutrition. Though if you eat protein at regular intervals during the day you pretty much ensure you have protein ready to be used so don't really need whey.

that has been debunked already, if your previous meal was less than 8hrs before, you still have ample nitrogen balance from undigested food from that previous meal, but if youre a hard gainer by all means, every calorie counts...btw i eat around a kilo of beef a day just to give you an idea

• cramnhojcramnhoj Posts: 73
    edited September 2016

@TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    cramnhoj;144656" said:

TRoll_W_a_Heart said:
    bundesheer;144645" said:

that has been debunked already, if your previous meal was less than 8hrs before, you still have ample nitrogen balance from undigested food from that previous meal, but if youre a hard gainer by all means, every calorie counts...btw i eat around a kilo of beef a day just to give you an idea

I was wondering why you're saying it's debunked when we're basically saying the same thing. I guess my saying regular intervals might be taken as me saying a person has to take protein something like every hour or so. What I meant was as long as you're not taking your daily protein in just one or two meals you're fine. I think there was a study where they tried dividing the daily intake in different number of meals a day, from 2 to 20+ and found out there was no real difference.

Post edited by cramnhoj on
  • it is not bad... mutant whey is a supplement so treat it like vitamins... though if you have trouble with it, i guess you have intolerance to some of its ingredients. you could try other brands. mutant whey is a cheaper but it is a reputable company. well if you have extra money you can go with isolates if you really need an exacting dietary protein.