Help on my new workout

I tried working out before, siguro 1-2 months lang ako (april - may 2013) and workout ko is 5x5...

then tumigil ako, may natira akong whey protein at gusto ko rin bumalik...

Now I am planning to get back, pero hindi na 5x5...

Here's what I am planning
Monday - Legs
Tues - Chest, Triceps
Wed - Shoulders
Thurs - pahinga
Fri - Back, Biceps

4sets and 8-12 reps po

pero wala pang exercises, any suggestions?

Thanks mga brah!!

Comments

• Hi,

In my opinion :)

I would recommend if i understand u been away from gym for a loong time to start up adapting ur tendoins&ligaments instead of goinf straight to the muscles workout.

This is in my opinion what i personllly would do if i been away for more then 1-1,5months.

Full body 3 times a week 2*12 slow rep light weights.

Week 1-2 Ligaments&Tendoins adaption fase.

Compound movents to get the whole body working and less exercises for less strain on body week 1-2. And offcourse not get that muscle soreness that prevents u to get the best contact when u hit the gym. !!Slow movements!!

I would recommend learning about rotator cuff warm-ups cos it prevents shoulder pain and problems in future and STRENGTH :)

Squats 2*12reps slow on the negative 3-4 seconds minimum

Standing military-press shoulder width grip slow on the negative 3-4 seconds minimum.

Benchpress incline dumbells 35deegres for week 1-2 slow on the negative 3-4 seconds minimum.

Deadlift Slow in the negative 3-4 seconds.

Abs can be thrown in at the end.

Slowly on the negative is to get the good contact and lightweights is for getting the perfect form of ur exercise. the better form the better contact :)

And VERY important, have a good nutrition if u can.

This is my recommandation for the first two weeks, then after if u want i can give my opinion. Just my advice :)
  • bokehbokeh Posts: 394
    ^ wow.. thanks for the detailed exercise sir..
    so i will be doing those everyday? for 2 weeks?
  • 3 times a week lang bokeh, pwed mo gawin yun sa monday, wednesday and friday :lol
  • Rockcena wrote:
    3 times a week lang bokeh, pwed mo gawin yun sa monday, wednesday and friday :lol

Ur very welcome just glad to advice/help :)

As Rockcena sais 3 times a week :)

When new or starting back at gym i would not recommend a splitt program at the beginning. U have lots of growth potensial of just using full body 3 times a week.
    thanks sa mga tips mga brah..

anu po ibig sabihin when you say "3-4 seconds minimum"
  • bokeh wrote:
    thanks sa mga tips mga brah..

anu po ibig sabihin when you say "3-4 seconds minimum"

I dont know Tagalog but guess u ask what about 3-4seconds.

Example:

on all the exercies u use 3-4 seconds on the way "down"

Deadlift: 3-4 seconds to the floor.

Militarypress 3-4 seconds down from top position

Squats 3-4 seconds down to floor.

Video on why focus on the negative.

I found a youtube video that shows example and explains for u :)
  • i've read somewhere that it's risky to do long negatives on DLs, there are a lot of discussions about the cons outweighing the pros.. because it gives more strain on our backs than the lift itself..

but for low weight i guess it's fine, just be "strictly" aware of your form and wag mo bibiglain na heavy agad ang buhat

goodluck and tuloy tuloy lang.. halos sabay lang tayo sa paglift uli e :sport:
    oops i thought you know tagalog LOL.. anyway , you got my question right... thanks for the info...
  • Hehe its cool i looked for the english words and guess :)
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    We maybe have a different culture and languages but the iron binds us all at one!
  • roshinobu wrote:
    i've read somewhere that it's risky to do long negatives on DLs, there are a lot of discussions about the cons outweighing the pros.. because it gives more strain on our backs than the lift itself..

but for low weight i guess it's fine, just be "strictly" aware of your form and wag mo bibiglain na heavy agad ang buhat

goodluck and tuloy tuloy lang.. halos sabay lang tayo sa paglift uli e :sport:

I can see ur point and partially agree with u Roshinobu, but.. :)

MY opinion:

If a person is using equally much time in the beginning of lifting career to perfect his lower back strength with for example the plank-sideplank and other core strenght exersices. AND if he starts of from the beginning of deadlift career to lift slow controlled and good form, he will then as he progresses his weights make the lower back strenght keep up so when he lifts slow as it gets heavier the lower back strenght is also strong.

I think/believe and from my experience, The times i had back problems in the gym is strictly from POOR form in the exercise. Thats why i always precise the importans of good form from the beginning of lifting career.

But i do agree when i lifting 1max 3max u should consentrate on form and keep the slow part away and lift after ur intuition. Its the form that brakes u not the pace :)
    Jettie wrote:
    We maybe have a different culture and languages but the iron binds us all at one!

Word up hehe
    cheers with a proteinshake ;)
  • Chris77 wrote:
    I can see ur point and partially agree with u Roshinobu, but.. :)

MY opinion:

If a person is using equally much time in the beginning of lifting career to perfect his lower back strength with for example the plank-sideplank and other core strenght exersices. AND if he starts of from the beginning of deadlift career to lift slow controlled and good form, he will then as he progresses his weights make the lower back strenght keep up so when he lifts slow as it gets heavier the lower back strenght is also strong.

I think/believe and from my experience, The times i had back problems in the gym is strictly from POOR form in the exercise. Thats why i always precise the importans of good form from the beginning of lifting career.

But i do agree when i lifting 1max 3max u should consentrate on form and keep the slow part away and lift after ur intuition. Its the form that brakes u not the pace :)

thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge about this, truthfully i'm a newbie deadlifter myself :P that's why i try to find as much information i can.. and in everything i've learned so far, i've come to believe that proper form should be strictly followed through and with what you've shared; just strengthened my belief further.
  • thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge about this, truthfully i'm a newbie deadlifter myself :P that's why i try to find as much information i can.. and in everything i've learned so far, i've come to believe that proper form should be strictly followed through and with what you've shared; just strengthened my belief further.
    [/quote]

My pleasure i give what i can of my wxperience cos i've failed and learned and failed and still have much to learn :)

In my experience the 3-4 negative focus gives u 2-3times more work time on the muscles then a person that just pumps the weights up and down.. So in my experience.. my progress 2-3time faster if a person does same program but fast on both positive and negative :)
    I still havent started on my workout yet.. I got sick and got this rashes all over my body... I am okay now and am planning to workout later...

The workout that you taught me seems to be completed after 1 hr... any additional workout or something?

How will I know the weight that ill be lifting? is it the weight that I CAN? or the weight that will challenge me?

And in my second set, should I increase/decrease the weight?

Thanks! :)
  • Jettie wrote:

Awesome words brutha - repping you for this! How true it is! Man alot of times I will get missing back home, but when I'm in that gym, it takes me back home bcoz it IS my home! A 300lb barbell is a 300lb barbell - be it here, USA or the North Pole haha. The iron never lies, it always tells the truth and is my best friend. :) :sport:
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    thanks sir BD! props to ya! However, the only difference between here and your home were as we do have a automatic sauna and gym-in one LOL!
  • bokeh wrote:
    I still havent started on my workout yet.. I got sick and got this rashes all over my body... I am okay now and am planning to workout later...

The workout that you taught me seems to be completed after 1 hr... any additional workout or something?

How will I know the weight that ill be lifting? is it the weight that I CAN? or the weight that will challenge me?

And in my second set, should I increase/decrease the weight?

Thanks! :)

Good to hear ur okey now Bokeh :)

1 hour of exercise is accually just in the timeframe of whats suggested for a workout.
    I guess u might not "feel" like u have been taking out all of ur potensial in the workout, but this is the point in the adapting fase:) It's a workout for ur ligaments and tendoins, and ur muscles will slowly "awake" for the nxt fase the will be workouts focusing on the mucles and not ur ligaments/tendoins.

When it comes to weights i suggest u lift the weight that u can do the recommended reps without beeing exhausted in the muscles, offcourse u can increase the weights as loong as it doesent give u exhausted muscles.

This might sound weird or strange but in this fase " less is more" and u will be prepared for what is coming later:)

Just remember trie not to be i a hurry, not to train to much,to loong ect.

Stick with this for first fase and if u like a can give u a program that in my opinion is a good fase 2 when u done.

Not saying my philosphy is the right one, but of experience and some knowledge this has worked for me and others that i have trained.

Reminder!!! NUTRITION is the secret to succsess. The macronutrients u put in will decide how u look on the outside in the loong run :)