FitnessForLife

Been active in sports since i was little, soccer was my passion as a goal-keeper until around 18'th year i got mayor lower back problems ( Prolaps's often ) i deciced to start the gym to fight my back problem in hope that it would work.. And yeaaaa it worked so well that i fell totally for the gym and the passion grew. But then school work life hit in and i stayed away for many years and also the backpain came back from time to time but not as bad as before.

Now latest 5 years i've been working out consistantly and i am starting to feel comfortable with my ways in the gym, by that i mean knowlegde come after trying and failing and reading site by site by site for info, trying and discarding info.

Now i give help to others in the gym, friends, and others who ask cos i think in this game, the faster u get the right "path" the faster optimal results.

Each individual is different in genetics and even how they respond to a certain exercise. "What works for me doesent have to work for u" But with help finding exercises that in the same way work for ur muscles as my exercise works for me, that i have found usefull knowledge for me many times when i've helped others that platou or dont get the "right form and feeling"

Working out is about finding ur way, but with guidance of people with experience. We are never graduated in learning about ourself!

Consistancy and motivation takes u a loong way and dont forget the most important!! NUTRITION It's 70/80% of ur result :sport:

Comments

• JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    welcome sir! your knowledge will greatly contribute on us as a newbies.

We're sorry if we speak on our language but hope you can understand a bit.
  • Jettie wrote:
    welcome sir! your knowledge will greatly contribute on us as a newbies.

We're sorry if we speak on our language but hope you can understand a bit.

Salamat :)

I'm not good in Tagalog, but my Phil friend who lives in Norway here speaks Visaya if someone cant write english and wanna ask me a question then he can translate for me hehe. " there is always a way" :P
  • As i am in the fat reducing fase and doing a 8hour window to eat and 16hour fasting i am doing a full body workout with intuitiv weights. I started 07.08.2013 and so far: - 2,3kg and -4cm waistline. For now i just use that as measurement cos still have som belly fat :P

Todays workout:

warmup:

4kg Dumbells front raise 2*12reps
    4kg Dumbells side lateral raise 2*12reps
    4kg Rotator cuffs exercise 2*12reps
    20kg FacePull 2*12-15reps

Light shoulder rotation inbetween sets.

Compound movement. (Light day on this compund exercise cos heavy last workout.)
    Standing barbell military-press (40kg) ( Pyramide 1rep then 2 then 3 up to 7 then back down to 1rep.)

Superset's
    FacePull (27,5-35-42kg) alternating with sitting Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise (12,5-15-17,5kg) 3*12reps total on each exercise where i increase weights for each set.

Compound movement
    Squat warm-up 1*6reps 60kg.
    1*8reps 100kg

Then i move pins up so i squat almost 90degrees with legs but just before the critical bend. The barbell lays dead on the pins on each rep.

2*6reps 140kg
    1*4reps 160kg

Superset's
    Step-up (30kg) dumbells 3*8reps alternating with leg-press machine (180kg) 3*15reps (180kg) slow movements leg-press.

Compound movement
    Bench-press warm-up 1*6reps 60kg
    1*3reps 100kg
    2*4reps 120kg

Superset's
    Incline dumbell press (27,5-35-42,5kg) alternating with dumbell floor flys ( 12,5-15-17,5kg) Total 3*6-8reps increase weight each set.

Compund movement
    Deadlift warm-up 1*6reps 100kg
    1*8reps 120kg
    1*8reps 140kg
    1*6reps 160kg
    1*4reps 180kg

Superset's
    Lat pull-downs wide grip (35-45-55kg) alternating with sitting cable-row (3sets*35kg) using single ropes with handle to get shoulder blades really close. (Same weights on this one for good form and contact)

Triceps pushdown ( 25-32-42kg) alternating with Bicep cable curls (35-42-55kg) this is cable-system so the real weights my biceps is lifting is not precise.

Abs: Alternating beetween 3 movements.

Phuiiiiiiiiiiiiii Finally home and EAT :yahoo:

These days the weights is kinda intuitiv cos some days ur sore there and energy levels is not there sometimes. Important to listen to the body and the mind=( hehe
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Welcome to the site sire!

Please keep us posted!
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    Welcome sir!
  • allen101 wrote:
    Welcome to the site sire!

Please keep us posted!

Salamat hehe
    milksworth wrote:
    Welcome sir!

Salamat :)
  • monching11monching11 Posts: 7,273
    Welcome brah!
  • monching11 wrote:
    Welcome brah!

Tnx :)
  • Todays workout ( Long day at work) so i splitt my normally full body to 2 day splitt.

Today 06.09.2013 Shoulder's-Chest-Biceps-Triceps

Warmup
    Front raise 2*10 4kg
    Side lateral raise 2*10 4kg
    Facepull 2*10 20kg
    Rotator-cuff 2*12 4kg

Standing barbell military-press (lightweights going for slow movements)
    1rep then 2rep then 3rep continued to 7rep and down again..6rep then 5rep then 4 rep.

Superset's, alternating each exercise. (Lightweights going for slow movements)
    sitting Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise 5*8reps 10kg
    FacePull long rope rotator movement 5*10rep 20kg
    FacePull 5*10rep 20kg

Standing Bradford press 2*8rep 40kg

Benchpress (lfocus on slow movements)
    1*8 40kg
    1*6 70kg
    4*4 100kg

Superset's, alternating each exercise (Focus on slow movements)
    Incline dumbell press 5*8 35kg-28kg-24kg-24kg-24kg
    Floor flys 5*8 10kg

Superset's alternating each exercise, (focus on slow movements)
    Seated incline dumbell bicep curls 5*8 10kg
    Cable rope triceps extension 5*10 20kg
    Cable tricep pushdown 5*10 20kg

Especially focus on my rear delts today and the shoulder routine gave me a insane pump on the rear delts. Really enjoyable to see the rear delts coming out :) Then it works!! ( for me )

Home and eat, higlight of the day to eat after a good workout. Tomorow i will be doing my legs and back. Next week i start my nightshift week so then it will be off the gym and my focus is on Nutrition totally and maybe.. maybe :P i sneak in a workout.. Nightshift= KAPOY
  • Saturday morning and time to get the Nutrition part out of the way and head for the gym.

Breakfast is very stricted cos i found on the 8-16 fasting diet accually i get good workouts even on low carb intake before morning workout. From now 10pm (In Norway) and 8 hours forward i have my window to eat so i eat approxamatly before my morning workout today:

30grams carbs ( Wasa fiber-crackers with low fat cheese)

10grams BCAA
    1 scoop Ronnie coleman Testogen ( preworkout supp)
    mixed with ( Most users experience with this products is that stacking it gives u something) mixed in water 0,5liters
    1 scoop Ronnie coleman Myo-blitz ( preworkout supp)
    1,5liters bottle with water for the gym.

Then in the car heading for workout i eat a before training bar that gives me 30carb+14Protein+4fats

Today Legs-Back and Abs

So time to walk the walk not just talk the talk :sport:
    Welcome to Chris!

You also on IF?
  • monching11 wrote:
    Welcome to Chris!

You also on IF?

Thanks :) What is IF? . I am not familiar with that :) Intemittent fasting?
    Todays workout 07.09.13
    Legs-Back-Abs

Compound movement.
    Squat
    warmup 1*6 50kg
    Pyramide up to 7 reps. 1rep 2rep 3 rep up to 7 then back down. 70kg

Superset's 5*8reps alternating each exercise.
    Laying floor leg curls with dumbell 20kg
    Step-Up 20kg each hand
    one footed calf rais with dumbell in hand 20kg

restpause is based on my pulse/breathing i rest so i can do nxt sets but also keep as high so it stays in fatburn mode. ( Superset's is my for the moment fatburning work)

Compound movement.
    Deadlift
    Warm-Up 1*8 70kg - 1*3 110kg
    Pyramide up to 5reps then back down 1rep 2rep 3 rep up to 5 then back down. 130kg

Wide-grip pulldown 40kg
    Sitting row with short barbell. Focus on squeese on the shoulderblades slowly. 20kg
    Standing cable lat pulldown (short barbell, the one for tricep pushdown) 15kg

Abs
    3*crunches to failure

2,5Liters of water consumed under training.

After exercise 5 ricecakes and after training mealshake 30carbs 18protein 4 fat.

Then i headed home to prepare meal for growth and restitusion :) Had a good workout i'm feeling pumped and tight in the musles i trained. Only time will show...
    yes sir Chris, I believe he was preferring to intermittent fasting..
  • Jettie wrote:
    yes sir Chris, I believe he was preferring to intermittent fasting..

Okey:)

Yes i am using the ground rules of Intermittent Fasting and biorythm diet principles i found that This accually works well even on strenght gains as well as on fat burning regime.

Recearch have found it individual how a person respond to these kinds of diets, some need to have a little low carb breakfast in the morning instead of waiting those full 1hours. I use the principles.. if my body screams for energy in the morning i will give it a low carb 120calories breakfast if not i hang on the 16hours. I Believe in balance:) And Saturdays i have a cheatmeal after workouts burger,pizza ect. The mind needs feeding to :)
    Definitely you are correct! Same here, using IF tho Leangains.. What I love about the IF is that I don't have to stress about the six square meals or any other stuff, just 2 big meals and done!

Controlling the food intake etc. Definitely allowing ourselves to eat what we love despite of dieting to keep us sane!
  • Jettie wrote:
    Definitely you are correct! Same here, using IF tho Leangains.. What I love about the IF is that I don't have to stress about the six square meals or any other stuff, just 2 big meals and done!

Controlling the food intake etc. Definitely allowing ourselves to eat what we love despite of dieting to keep us sane!

Word up!! :)

Totally agree with u Jettie, It's so much easier to stay consistant to ur nutrition when doing this and still get the result/goals that are set :) I am very satisfied so far:)

I't much more kinder to the economy and time in kitchen is less and we can still have a "decent" normal eating life out with friends hehe

I work nightshifts and dayshifts so i do my first of 7 nightshift on this 8-16 that will be interesting to see how i do.. cos i need to change the eating rythm.. still 8/16 but now i eat at night instead. Hope my hormones and body will accept.
    definitely it will sir.. God gave us a cool adopting machine which is our body! It can adopts anything we may want.. good or bad!

thanks sir! hope you will help our little community grows with people that has some lots of experience on this game!
  • That is true Jettie we are adaptable :)

I am glad to be here and give of my experience and to read others experiences with programs diets and other stuff, we are never outlearned in this subject :)
  • Today 10.09.2013 Shoulder's-Chest-Biceps-Triceps

Starting my nightshift week (7 nights ) so i take a split today bcos i dont wanna mess to much with the body, cos on night the bodys hormones and rest is out of balance. Sometimes LESS IS MORE ;)

So one week with nuts,fruits,fiber rich oats and cottage cheese is my diet, Easy foods on night cos the body is not made for consuming and processing foods in nightime.

Warmup
    Front raise 2*10 4kg
    Facepull 2*10 20kg
    Rotator-cuff 2*12 4kg

Standing barbell military-press (lightweights going for slow movements) 50kg
    1rep then 2rep then 3rep continued to 7rep and down again..6rep then 5rep then 4 rep to 1 rep.

Superset's, alternating each exercise. (Lightweights going for slow movements)
    sitting Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise 5*8reps 12,5kg
    FacePull long rope rotator movement 5*10rep 20kg
    FacePull 5*10rep 20kg

Benchpress Pyramide Very slow and rest on chest 2seconds on negative. 1rep 2 rep up to 7reps 70kg

Superset's, alternating each exercise (Focus on slow movements)
    Incline dumbell press 5*8 24kg
    Floor flys 5*8 12,5kg

Superset's alternating each exercise, (focus on slow movements)
    Seated incline dumbell bicep curls 5*8 12,5kg
    Cable rope triceps extension 5*8 22,5kg
    Cable tricep pushdown 5*8 38kg

10 days until nxt workout... How will i survive :P
  • I suppose to have 10 days off due to my nightshift starts this evening....but i still got time :yahoo: cannot stay away from the gym when things are going well hehe..

Yeye i took a "risk analysis" and concluded.. F.. it u do the second day split today u deserve it :P

So i am hitting the gym today before it's back home and hopefully get some 3-4hours sleep before nightshift at work starts.

Here it goes.

Todays workout 11.09.13 second workout of my 2day splitt.
    Legs-Back-Abs

Pre-written so no weights.

Compound movement
    Squat
    warmup 1*6
    Pyramide up to 7 reps. 1rep 2rep 3 rep up to 7 then back down.

Laying floor leg curls with dumbell
    Step-Up dumbell each hand
    one footed calf rais with dumbell in hannd

restpause is based on my pulse/breathing i rest so i can do nxt sets but also keep as high so it stays in fatburn mode. ( Superset's is my for the moment fatburning work)

Compound movement.
    Deadlift i superset it with standing one hand dumbell row.
    Warm-Up 1*8 - 1*3
    Pyramide up to 7reps 1rep 2rep 3 rep up to 7

Wide-grip pulldown
    Sitting row with short barbell. Focus on squeese on the shoulderblades slowly.
    Standing cable lat pulldown (short barbell, the one for tricep pushdown)

Post-training comment:
    Had a Good workout

Now its chicken filet 200gr with 200gr potatoes 175gr kidney-beans and a pasta sauce to flavor it.

Sleep is near then of to nightshift.

So no Journal for me the nxt 10days.

Maybe i write some jounal of my eating in this "deload week" i lack of better word.. :)
  • If i like to change latest pictures, how do i do that? i do not find the path to change.
    Go to your the first page and edit your first post (Full Edit)
  • monching11 wrote:
    Go to your the first page and edit your first post (Full Edit)

Ahh Tnx :)
  • Monday and felt good even after 6 nightshifts so i felt like doing a workout before yet another nightshift.

Warmup
    Front raise 2*10 4kg
    Facepull 2*10 20kg
    Rotator-cuff 2*12 4kg

Standing barbell military press 4*4 50kg

Superset's
    sitting Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise 5*8 10kg
    FacePull long rope rotator movement 5*8 15kg
    FacePull 5*8 20kg

Benchpress 4*4 100kg
    warm up 1*8 50kg
    warm up 1*2 80kg

Superset's
    Incline dumbell press 5*8 24kg
    Floor flys 5*8 12,5kg

Superset's
    Seated incline dumbell bicep curls 5*8 12,5-14-14-20-20kg
    Cable rope triceps extension 5*8 20kg
    Cable tricep pushdown 5*8 56kg

The 4 days off the gym did me good, i had a super workout and managed to give it alittle extra today i felt. Good pump good strenght on choosen weights.
    17.09.13 LEGS AND BACK
    Feeling the yesterdays workout both in shoulders and triceps but i'll do a workout and adjust to the feeling in the muscles. Last nightshift afterwards :)

Warmup:
    Rotator cuff 2*12 4kg

Squats 4*4 100-100-110-120kg
    Warmup 1*10 60kg

Deadlift 4*4 60kg
    Chins 4*4 bodyweight
    Standing barbell row 4*4 60kg
    One hand dumbell row 4*4 18kg
    pulldown 5*8 50kg changing grips.
    Sitting cable row barbell 5*8 20kg
    Standing lat pulldown 5*8 30kg

Did a intuition workout today lightweights and going for the proper form and contact with the musclegroups.

Got my my new research supplement today so i will be seeing if it gives me some effect in the time that comes.

Supplement:
    Leucine

Link: http://www.nutritionexpress.com/article+index/protein/showarticle.aspx?id=807.

*Leucine is an essential BCAA ( taking it in addition to BCAA even its in BCAA)
    *Leucine stimulates protein synthesis to build muscle
    *Leucine activates mTOR – to switch on muscle building
    *Leucine helps you lose weight and spare muscle when dieting
    *How much you need ( suggested 8grams a day)
  • 18.09.13 Shoulders-Chest-Biceps-Triceps

Premeal 45minutes prior to workout:
    2whole eggs 3 eggwhites. 4 fibercrackers 4.8carbs each. Cucumber and tomatoes.
    5grams of Leucine
    Stack: Myo Blitz&Testogen ( preworkout supplements from Ronnie Coleman)

Warmup Dumbells.
    Shoulder frontraise 2*10 4kg
    Shoulder lateral raise 2*10 4kg
    Rotator cuffs 2*10 4kg
    Facepull 2*8 15kg

Shoulders.
    Standing barbell military-press 4*4 60-60-70-70kg
    Bradford-press 2*8 Olympia barbell no weights.

Superset's.
    Banded rear delts pull 5*10 ( pre-activation exercise)
    Seated bent-over rear delt raise 5*8 10kg
    Face-pull 5*8 30kg
    Face-pull with external rotation 5*8 20kg

Chest.
    Warmup
    Benchpress 1*8 50kg
    Benchpress 1*3 80kg

Benchpress 4*4 100-100-110-120kg
    Incline dumbell press 2*8 32kg
    Floor flies 2*12,5kg

Triceps
    Warmup