Am I ovderdoing my routine?

First of all, my apologies if this is on the wrong thread section. I only have less than 5 minutes to post this before my boss catches me doing non-work related sites.

I've been working out for nearly 17 months now and was able to bulked up to 175lbs from 115lbs. I'm cutting some fats and currently weighing around 145lbs(approximate)I still have the same strength and not having any difficulties recovering however I noticed that I'm having difficulty adding weight on my routine. Is it because im cutting?( I have no idea) This is also the same issue when I weigh 175lbs.

Here's my current routine:

Chest:
Incline DB press 4x10
BP decline 4x8
Dips 3x10
Machine press 3x10
Flies 3x10

Back/Biceps
Deadlift 10/8/6/6/5
Pull up 4x8
Chin up 4x8
BB row 3x10
Machine row 3x10
Ez curls 4x8
altenate Db curls
preacher 3x10

Shoulder/Traps/Tris
MP- 4x10 alternate
DB press- 3x10
Upright row 4x8
Side laterals 3x10
Rear delt raise 3x10
Shrugs 3x10
Close grip BP 4x8
Push down 3x10
bench dip 3x16

Quads/Abs
Squat 4x8
Leg press 3x10
Leg extension 3x10
Leg curls 3x10
Calf raise 3x10
sit up 3x20
side bend 3x20
hip raise 3x20

I also do 15mins stationary bike after WO. Feel free to post you suggestions! Thank you!

Comments

• intensity
  • Hi,

If ur main interest here is to gain some kilos on the weights, this is what i suggest from what i read in ur exersice regime.

1. Go for compund-movements ( Squat-Standing millitarypress-Deadlift-Benchpress )
    Why: When loosing weight u wanna keep as much strength and hopefully with the diet gain som strength, so i recommend going for the multi-compund movements.

How to:

Each Compound movement i recommend a 4rep 4sets regime, and go for lighter weights when starting, the speed should be 3-4seconds down ( negative lift, thats where we develop strength/hypotrophy in the muscles) by doing all the exercising slow and keeping doing them slowly as u add weights ( this can be by each set or just weekly, i prefer adding weight each set but not to failure.Full controll and feel after the sets that u could lift more and heavier) " Less is more"

The i would reccomend only 2 added exercises to each compund movement that targets the same main muscle thats in the compound movement. For.example: When finished the millitarypress sets.

Millitary-press: with 2-3sets of 8-10reps FacePull and 2-3sets of 8-10reps Side Lateral raise with dumbells. this u can alternate as super sets to get that fatburning into the weight workout. ( Go directly from facepull to side lateral raises and the back until u finished all the sett's

I have personally felt this as a good functioning plan while going for the fatburning prosess, but as u know the diet is the key and when and what u eat before heading for the gym :)

Opinion on overdoing ur workout.. YES personally i think its to much to many exercises sett reps. Ur body need also to heal and be comfortable with the pressure that u are giving it. Just my personal opinion :)

Just a advice, if u trie it for a workout then feel ur body and take it from there :)

Regards
    -Chris-
  • kunivakuniva Posts: 125
    Thanks for your opinion Chris. I personally thought that I've been overdoing my workout however since I haven't noticed signs of over-training, I was thinking maybe my body can still adapt this stresses.

My plan now is concentrate on compound exercises and remove 1 or 2 additional exercises. Doing this may increase my PR's(I'll check how my body reacts) I haven't tried doing super sets. By the looks of it, could be very exhausting for me but I will keep that in mind.

Thanks
  • kuniva wrote:
    Thanks for your opinion Chris. I personally thought that I've been overdoing my workout however since I haven't noticed signs of over-training, I was thinking maybe my body can still adapt this stresses.

My plan now is concentrate on compound exercises and remove 1 or 2 additional exercises. Doing this may increase my PR's(I'll check how my body reacts) I haven't tried doing super sets. By the looks of it, could be very exhausting for me but I will keep that in mind.

Thanks

Seems ur body have taken the stress well, Have ur Nutrition been good? If Nutrition is good then the body can take very much before overtraining.

Its feels to me that ur muscles has hit a Platou.. it just wont get stronger. That is Normal.

As u say change the routine some :)

My recommendation is 4*4 on compund movements with increase weights for each set, but keep it so heavy that u manage to increase the nxt weeks also. The additional exercises 2*8-10 reps.

Keep it like that for approx 4-6 weeks. With right nutrition i think this could help u. And the body gets a whole new lower stress level. Sometimes " LESS IS MORE" ;)

It has worked for me:)