my Deadlift at BS

pa correct naman mga boss dko alam kung tama form ko sa DL 3rd week ko na sa bs 5x5 170lbs DL ko kanina pero na coconfuse ako sa form ko.

Comments

• allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    asan?
  • frappfrivanfrappfrivan Posts: 270
    pasensya na sa video sir
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    "This video is Private"

Damot! lol
    ok na
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Your butt shoots up like a rocket!

Sabay dapat bro hinde mauuna pwet kaya tuloy nakukuba ka delikado yan.
    yan kinakatkot ko bra hirap pano ba teqniq jan
  • daltonkamotedaltonkamote Posts: 3,629
    lower back arching....
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Your butt shoots up like a rocket!

Sabay dapat bro hinde mauuna pwet kaya tuloy nakukuba ka delikado yan.
    +1000

To add, as per sir DS told me.. Think of it na you push yourself/heels to the ground then lower your butt at start.

Use the hams and calves on the start of the pull.
    Lagay mo sa tyan yung hangin para matic naka arch back ka.

Kasi pag nagbadstart ka, hindi mo ma-achieve yung full lock out kaya parang hindi ka nakastanding position during the end of the pull.
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    you should try sitting back a bit (but not entirely squatting) and throw your butt away a bit pag nasa baba ka ng movement. like ng nasabi ko kay jettie nga hold the bar tight, don't think you're pulling the weight, think that you are "pressing" the floor away from the bar that should activate leg drive first before butt-winking. :)
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    you should try sitting back a bit (but not entirely squatting) and throw your butt away a bit pag nasa baba ka ng movement. like ng nasabi ko kay jettie nga hold the bar tight, don't think you're pulling the weight, think that you are "pressing" the floor away from the bar that should activate leg drive first before butt-winking. :)

This. ^

Btw this is why belts were created haha! :p No offense meant - just sayin' wow you need to practice your form on deads freind before you fuck up your back. You are using all back and no legs. Bend down at your knees MUCH more and drive with your legs in the start of the pull.
    alright sir ok lng ba sa BS week 4 ko is 170 lb DL pa rin instead of 180lb mali kc form ko ipractice muna 170 to correct my form
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    yep i think you can handle that weight better if you can correct your form.
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    I think you should cut back on poundage. You cant do it right because you are not ready for that weight yet and its useless to keep doing it wrong. Try 150 lbs and master the form even if it take you weeks. Then work your way up from there. Kill your weaknesses first before focusing on strength.
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    I think you should cut back on poundage. You cant do it right because you are not ready for that weight yet and its useless to keep doing it wrong. Try 150 lbs and master the form even if it take you weeks. Then work your way up from there. Kill your weaknesses first before focusing on strength.

Solid advice bro. I think he should even cut back back more on the weight to practice perfecting his form. If that vid is 170 or 180, then he should be practicing on perfecting form with a very light weight not even close to being a workset - like 100-120 lbs perhaps. Then gradually increase the weight ONLY if his form remains good.

Just my take :)
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,509
    The usual deload @ around 10-20%...
    But IMO might be higher, especially when correcting form issues...
    I have that same poundage then, 180lbs DL @ WEEK 1, on very first regimen — Eclipse BS5x5. I was very skeptical with my DL, especially with the lower back form issue. Dahil beginner pa ako, at naka-stick yung mindset ko sa "Practice Proper Form First!", I had to drop to 130lbs. 9 Weeks later I was back beyond the 180lb poundage. It takes time, pero darating ka din doon...

BTW, practice lower back arch. Especially when you're using something like 5x5 prog, crucial 'yan sa mga lifts doon...
    Thnks sa mga advice sir. Bench press,Squat, military, row ayos naman sa DL lng tlga ako may prob d bale sabi nga practice makes perfect bkas chest,legs ako sana maka sama ako sa group workout.
  • villapoh1villapoh1 Posts: 11
    I'm new here :))

bago ako mag DL..
    nag warp up set muna ako ng 25% x 5 for 2 sets..
    then jump ako ng 40-50% x 5 for a set..
    bago ako mag jump sa workout weight ko..

Nakatulong saking ung warm up set ko para i correct ung form ko..
    Para pag dating sa workout weight ko.. paraktisado na ung form ko..

Nakakatulong din sa pag ayos ng form ko ung tamang pag hinga.. :))

Just my 2 cents..
    RD KO KC HEHEHE TRP LNG
    My stats 7 week at BS.
    Bench: 100x5x5
    Squat: 140x5x5
    Row: 140x5x5
    Deadlift: 200x5x5 crucial sakin tong part na toh rest ko per set is is morethan 5 min
    Military press: stay at 75x5x5
    Pull up: 10x5x5

eto ako nug 1st MO999681_694945893853101_616615181_n.jpg