The "Badass" Blueprint (IN THE TRENCHES)

Comments

• badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,471
    OO Sir milk, naiinggit nga ako sa inyo. lalo na pag alam kong lahat halos ng PBB members nagbubuhat ng ganitong time tapos ako nandito sa office.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    Nagkataon lang bro, ako kasi wala akong ibang choice kundi ganitong oras since gabi ang pasok ko.

Next time sana makapag set ulit ng weekend para madaming makasama.
    pangit talaga mid shift. sagabal sa training hehe
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    i feel you sir vinch.. pag mid shift ako wala ng gym na bukas samin haha.. olats sa nutrition time ko.. lahat ng foods ko nasa bahay.. wala pa ko baunan

Either night or day shift lang shoot sa time ko..

My dream Group Work out mantes sina Sir Braso, Dalton, milk, Bigdawg, sir vinch.. hindi na ko magbubuhat.. taga kuha na lang ako video at studyante mode. hehehe
    kaya early bird ako e, kasi walang choice.

jettie, kasama nyo na kanina yung Dean ng Monsters University si Sir Milk! dapat nag take down notes ka na haha
  • JettieJettie Posts: 3,763
    Hindi ko masyado nakasama si sir milk sa training, nung time na yun naaliw ako sa oly bars at weights plates hehe naaliw sa hirap at naninibago haha

Syempre damay na mata ( galing kasi sa marlboro country na gym lol )
    Upper body workout June 26, 2013
    Duration: 7:30-9:00am

Nothing spectacular today, same workout. increased poundage on some pull exercises but I'm not impressed with my intensity today. I'm not really concerned much with the weight as long as my muscles like it so i didn't track anything. My body is grinding but I'm mentally absent. I didn't wait for something to get me in the zone i just did my thing and call it a day.

NO MORE BARBELL PRESSES FOR ME!!!
    Yan isa sa mga pinaka mahirap na part e no.
    allen101 wrote:

Hindi na to bago sakin bro. Sanay na. I'd rather do it half hearted than let the day pass by just like that. Take no days off motto ko hehe. Same old shit, just a different day.

Parang "another day at the office" lang hehe
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    allen101 wrote:

Hindi na to bago sakin bro. Sanay na. I'd rather do it half hearted than let the day pass by just like that. Take no days off motto ko hehe. Same old shit, just a different day.

Wow amazing that I find something from you that I do not agree with haha! I've read many of your posts, and usually you and I think very much alike. However, here I disagree. If my mind or body is not into hitting the gym that day, I don't go. I've always busted ass, and if I'm not ready to give 110%, I don't go. I will take the day off, go the next day and have a great workout from feeling supercharged from the extra recovery. One sign of overtraining is lack of motivation to hit the iron. Of course, with all the stress there can be in life, the cause could be a number of things, or "just one of those days". I just don't like going to the gym and "go through the motions" just to say I did it - feels worthless to me if I'm not going all out. Fortunately I rarely have days like that. Hey, different strokes for different folks haha - keep on gettin' it dude! :)

Nothing spectacular today, same workout. increased poundage on some pull exercises but I'm not impressed with my intensity today. I'm not really concerned much with the weight as long as my muscles like it so i didn't track anything. My body is grinding but I'm mentally absent. I didn't wait for something to get me in the zone i just did my thing and call it a day.

Big dawg, this was the scenario. kinda weird but it happens to me sometimes. My motivation to get better is always there, i may not feel mentally fired up at times but my body can grind hard naturally. hehe but still i prefer training all out, balls to the wall intensity and focus!
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Big Dawg wrote:
    allen101 wrote:

Wow amazing that I find something from you that I do not agree with haha! I've read many of your posts, and usually you and I think very much alike. However, here I disagree. If my mind or body is not into hitting the gym that day, I don't go. I've always busted ass, and if I'm not ready to give 110%, I don't go. I will take the day off, go the next day and have a great workout from feeling supercharged from the extra recovery. One sign of overtraining is lack of motivation to hit the iron. Of course, with all the stress there can be in life, the cause could be a number of things, or "just one of those days". I just don't like going to the gym and "go through the motions" just to say I did it - feels worthless to me if I'm not going all out. Fortunately I rarely have days like that. Hey, different strokes for different folks haha - keep on gettin' it dude! :)

Exact words from my previous coach. If you don't feel like training, Go Home!
    Mighty_Oak wrote:
    Big Dawg wrote:
    allen101 wrote:

Exact words from my previous coach. If you don't feel like training, Go Home!

Thanks guys, i will consider this next time.

Big dawg, this was the scenario. kinda weird but it happens to me sometimes. My motivation to get better is always there, i may not feel mentally fired up at times but my body can grind hard naturally. hehe but still i prefer training all out, balls to the wall intensity and focus!

I didn't see that post my bad bro. You must be one in a million to be able to increase poundage when mentally absent. Numbers don't lie - if the poundage increased, then chalk it up as a positive workout. If I have a choice of being mentally focused and getting a great pump using normal weight compared to not being mentally focused and still using more weight and setting PR's, hell thats a no brainer, I will take the more weight any day of the week haha! Bigger weights = bigger muscles plain and simple - assuming form is good siempre. However, if you find yourself having many days where you don't want to train or mentally absent, then take some time off. Just imagine how much more weight you would be using if you ARE mentally jacked hehe. ;)
    Big Dawg wrote:

I didn't see that post my bad bro. You must be one in a million to be able to increase poundage when mentally absent. Numbers don't lie - if the poundage increased, then chalk it up as a positive workout. If I have a choice of being mentally focused and getting a great pump using normal weight compared to not being mentally focused and still using more weight and setting PR's, hell thats a no brainer, I will take the more weight any day of the week haha! Bigger weights = bigger muscles plain and simple - assuming form is good siempre. However, if you find yourself having many days where you don't want to train or mentally absent, then take some time off. Just imagine how much more weight you would be using if you ARE mentally jacked hehe. ;)

i used to skip training before when im not in the mood or not mentally prepared but during those days when i was not expecting anything progressive, suddenly things get crazy! heavier weight, more reps, new motivation etc. So everytime im having second thoughts about hitting the gym, i weigh the pros and cons first. Most of the time the pros outweigh the cons. For me mental focus isn't a good reason to skip training because it will come and go. Given my daily schedule, if i miss my training schedule in the morning i will have to wait til tomorrow to hit the gym. unlike most people who owns their time, if they dont feel like training in the morning they can just train later when they're in the mood. hehe i dont know if it's a good idea but if it will add to my progress, why not.:P
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    Big Dawg wrote:

i used to skip training before when im not in the mood or not mentally prepared but during those days when i was not expecting anything progressive, suddenly things get crazy! heavier weight, more reps, new motivation etc. So everytime im having second thoughts about hitting the gym, i weigh the pros and cons first. Most of the time the pros outweigh the cons. For me mental focus isn't a good reason to skip training because it will come and go. Given my daily schedule, if i miss my training schedule in the morning i will have to wait til tomorrow to hit the gym. unlike most people who owns their time, if they dont feel like training in the morning they can just train later when they're in the mood. hehe i dont know if it's a good idea but if it will add to my progress, why not.:P

Most likely your CNS was not yet prepped but went on fire in the middle of your training. I've had those days too and even established some PR's, but if in the middle of my training and it's still isn't there I stop and go home. Done that a few times.

However, different strokes for different folks.
    Lower body 10:30-12pm

KILLED IT!!!
    2hpj0c5.jpg

^2011, i want a better condition than this with more size.

Been weighing 165-167lbs for the past days. Need to stay lean because i will be hitting the beach on august and december. Im expecting to be atleast 166lbs shredded on christmas. Gotta be more careful not to thicken my skin.Phase 2 of my diet starts tomorrow. I got the target size gain in 3 weeks which is faster tgan i expected.

15 calories/lb of bw=low
    18 calories/lb of bw=high
  • milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,130
    envious of that triceps genetics! and also you really look bigger than 165.
    Upper body training July 1, 2013
    Duration 7:30-9am

Similar workout as June 22, 2013

stretch and abwork: 20 minutes

Weighted dips +100lbs
    Weighted chins and pullups +30
    Flat iso machine press 300lbs
    Inclined iso machine press 300lbs
    Incline flyes 45lbs

rear raises 45lbs superset /rows 50lbs
    side laterals 35lbs

dumbell curls and hammer curls 35-50lbs
    tricep pressdown (i dont know)

Reps around 7-12
    weight today: 168lbs
    i updated my journal, hope to share it to the newbies.
    Lowerbody July 3, 2013
    Duration: 7:30-9am

Stretch and Abwork 20 minutes

Legpress 300x15x5

Squats
    200x15x2
    220x10x2
    240x5x2

Deads
    300x5x2
    330x3x2
    350x3x2

Walking lunges 6 sets to failure
    Seated calf raise 6 sets to failure

Current weight: 167lbs
    wow bilis ng weight gain bro ah!
    oo bro, actually hindi ganito ang ineexpect ko kahit gradual lang yung increase ko ng calories. 3 days nako tumitimbang ng 167-169lbs. So far lean pa din ako although medyo nagblur na yung definition ng konti lalo na sa abs. Confident ako na muscle nagain ko this time at minimal fat gain. Mas depleted kasi yung muscles ko kesa sa fat stores nung nagcut ako for summer kaya ngayon mas mabilis yung pagbuild ko ng muscle kesa pagtrigger ng fat gain. swak din yung increase ng calories ko sa pag increase ng intensity sa training. hopefully magtuloy tuloy yung progress.
    Upper body July 5, 2013
    Duration: 7:30-8:45am
    stretch and abwork 20 minutes

warmp up: bodyweight dips and pullups
    feels sets: Flat bench press
    200x20 reps
    200x17 reps
    220x3 reps....
    i felt my right pec and rotator cuff snap inside! i dont know if its pec tear or RC dislocation but it really hurt. i told my self not to do barbells anymore but i took the risk just for a change at ayun na nga! i tried to switch to flat dumbells to see if i can still move my right pec, i used 80lbs for 8-10 reps pero masakit talaga at may clicking sound ako naririning sa joint ko. So tinigil ko na. i feel pissed! i decided to move on and be productive but cautious.
    bodyweight pullups (different grip variations but i did'nt count the reps)
    supported T-bar 170x12x3
    dumbell rows (both arms) 70lbs each x 15x3
    side laterals 30lbsx15x3
    dumbell curls superset with hammer curls 35lbs x20x3

i when i got home, i did some push ups coz im really pissed about what happened and i want to feel my right pec working kasi if its serious then i may not be able to move it at all. i think i should take a long break from training, it's about time!
    Upper body July 5, 2013

200x20 reps
    200x17 reps
    220x3 reps....
    i felt my right pec and rotator cuff snap inside! i dont know if its pec tear or RC dislocation but it really hurt. i told my self not to do barbells anymore but i took the risk just for a change at ayun na nga! i tried to switch to flat dumbells to see if i can still move my right pec, i used 80lbs for 8-10 reps pero masakit talaga at may clicking sound ako naririning sa joint ko. So tinigil ko na. i feel pissed! i decided to move on and be productive but cautious.
    supported T-bar 170x12x3
    side laterals 30lbsx15x3

i when i got home, i did some push ups coz im really pissed about what happened and i want to feel my right pec working kasi if its serious then i may not be able to move it at all. i think i should take a long break from training, it's about time!

If you tore it, theres no way you would have been able to do pushups without terrible pain. Did the pec bruise afterwards? Often a torn pec will hemorage(sp?) inside, causing massive bruising from the pec all the way down the bicep. However thats not always the case. Actually, IMO it would be better if you injured the pec and NOT the rotator cuff - that cuff is serious shit, and if injured to the point of needing surgery, it can put you out of the game for quite awhile. Just remember the ol' saying, if it hurts, DON'T DO IT! Don't do ANYTHING that makes it hurt - it needs to heal. Take a complete break to heal up, or use this time to concentrate on legs and bomb them while the injury heals.

Lastly, BIG PROPS for benching 200 x 20 at your bodyweight. Shit I don't even know if I can do that these days and I weigh 235 haha! I see you got 220 x 3, so I'm guessing you got injured on rep 3 eh? Best of luck healing dude & a fast recovery.
    Big Dawg wrote:
    Upper body July 5, 2013

200x20 reps
    200x17 reps
    220x3 reps....
    supported T-bar 170x12x3
    side laterals 30lbsx15x3

If you tore it, theres no way you would have been able to do pushups without terrible pain. Did the pec bruise afterwards? Often a torn pec will hemorage(sp?) inside, causing massive bruising from the pec all the way down the bicep. However thats not always the case. Actually, IMO it would be better if you injured the pec and NOT the rotator cuff - that cuff is serious shit, and if injured to the point of needing surgery, it can put you out of the game for quite awhile. Just remember the ol' saying, if it hurts, DON'T DO IT! Don't do ANYTHING that makes it hurt - it needs to heal. Take a complete break to heal up, or use this time to concentrate on legs and bomb them while the injury heals.

Lastly, BIG PROPS for benching 200 x 20 at your bodyweight. Shit I don't even know if I can do that these days and I weigh 235 haha! I see you got 220 x 3, so I'm guessing you got injured on rep 3 eh? Best of luck healing dude & a fast recovery.

i was planning to do 12-15 on 220's but I stopped on the 3rd rep when i heard the snap. barbells are not safe for my body structure and that would probably be the last time i'll use them. i was thinking if this was serious or not since i know i wont be able to move it if it's bad. I'm not familiar with pec tear and RC injuries but I've seen some people who suffered from it. right now, it still hurts in my front delts and sternum running under my armpits. not sure what happened but i will definitely have this checked and let it heal first.
    you're right with the squats sir, that was my initial plan right away coz i felt devastated and lost aggressiveness to lift heavy on upper body exercises and it took a toll on my mental game. but if i could still go heavy on legs days it will be a relief for me mentally. of course there is no way I'm gonna let everything shrink.

lesson learned again!
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565
    that sucks big time! though pagaling ka na lang talga muna sir mas mahirap ung mawala sa iron game ng matagal (or permanently *knock on wood*) because of injury.
    that sucks big time! though pagaling ka na lang talga muna sir mas mahirap ung mawala sa iron game ng matagal (or permanently *knock on wood*) because of injury.

oo sir, mahirap na. wala sa budget ko ang injury. Parang hindi din ito covered ng health insurance.
    Sorry to hear that.

Aayain pa naman sana kita mag train sa musclehouse bukas, may mga barkada kasi akong magttrain dun kaya sama ko.

About sa health insurance, HMO ba tinutukoy mo?
    Yung samin kasi Medicard at covered naman siya.
    I used it when I injured my lower back.