Protein powder and brands look here
Protein powder are very well known supplements in the fitness world.
1) They are just supplements and not any sort of miracle drug.
2)Protein powder should be used to complete your daily protein cycle.
To know you protein intake and tracking you need to know a few things
1) know your weight in lbs and then use the same amount of protein in grams.
So for example your weight is 150lbs, then track how much protein you get daily from your food, the remaining you should compensate from the protein powder.
Obviously if you are 400lbs, I would recommend using 1g per body weight, then things will be different.
2) download fitness app like my fitness pro to track your daily intake and you can easily monitor your daily protein intakes.
Drawback of protein powder.
1) protein farts.... You will get gas issues and it's normal and it smells!!! To reduce this, add from probiotic like yougart or yakult in your daily diet.
2) high protein and low carbs will give you issues with sleep cycles... Some days it Will be difficult to sleep.. Be prepared.
3) feel hungry... Because when you control your calories, you will consume less food and protein digest quickly... Be ready to fight!!!
Some normal things to look into protein powders are
1) 100% whey... No blend or Mas gainers or other substances like creatine etc.
2) typical powders are 150 or less calories, very low carbs, very low fat, and usually 25g per scoop protein
3)BCAA this type of amino acid is inculded in protein powders... It helps in recovery and growth.
ON 100% whey is industry standard. Very good blend. If you can afford it, take this
Rule 1 (blue) same guys who made ON. Tried 10lbs, very good product and surely safe to consume.
MUSCLETECH 100% whey fairly new in the market and very good. Used this 10lbs and its great. Safe to consume
BSN Syntha6 tried this and it shows much more changes than ordinary whey powders.. Looking at the label, it does have some extra stuffs added and brings the calorie to 200... Someone clean bulking can try this.
STACKER2 not just protein the cheapest in the market 5lbs for 1600.
Don't be fooled by the 1.5 serving size on the label because if you see, their scoop is small. The weight (33) is the same as other brand 1scoop serving.
Just got this and shall update after 15 days of use.
Right now my muscle mass is 81g. Any change after 15days will tell me if this works or not.