Never too late to do anything

Simple lang routine ko. Mostly compound exercises. I don't do much shoulder kasi masakit. May left shoulder problem ako. My deadlift is ok, 315lbs, pero may konting daya. I use the power rack and pegs are at the second hole. Plates are around 6 inches above from ground. That 6 inches is the most difficult. Bench press ako hirap. Halos walang progress. Na stuck ako sa 150lbs. Kaya I'm using creatine now. Baka makatulong. Generally, my back is much stronger and better built than my chest. I don't expect getting ripped or something because of my age. Siyempre less testosterone na at nag-iingat din ako baka ma injure. I'm proudest of my pull-ups. Nung una kahit isang rep hindi ko kaya. At least ngayon umaabot ako ng 9.

Comments

  • edongedong Posts: 10
    Chest day:
    This is my 15th day taking creatine. There was added endurance but felt power was the same. I was able to do more sets but still could not break my plateau in bench press. Maybe next week.
  • edongedong Posts: 10
    Back + Legs:
    Nag try ako ng Bacchus as pre-workout. Medyo mataas tolerance ko sa caffeine kaya parang walang effect. I did 2 sets of pullups + 5 sets of barbell rows + 5 sets of leg press. Babalik sana ako sa pullups pero wala ng lakas arms ko. Barbell row was ok. Na exceed ko my previous high. Medyo masagwa nga lang form at 220lbs. Sa leg press, although mabigat, hindi na masakit. So I was able to add more weight. Maybe creatine effect? Sana.
  • edongedong Posts: 10
    Bought Under Armour shirt + short in SnR for my brother. Birthday gift. Mas mura compared to Nike apparel. Ok ang fit and nice colors. Nainggit ako kaya bumili rin ako for myself :-)
  • edongedong Posts: 10
    Chest:
    I tried 160lbs. Managed to get 3 reps but not full ROM. Hirap pa din.
  • edongedong Posts: 10
    Back + legs :
    Chin up - 4 sets with BW. Better siguro to add weight. I need to buy a belt.
    Barbell row - 5 sets up to 210lbs.
    Seated cable row - 4 sets but lighter weight. My arms were tired.
    Hamstring curl - Masakit pa rin. Parang cramps.

    Recently napansin ko, kaya pa ng lungs ko pero pagod na arms ko. Dati talagang give up na buong katawan ko after 10 sets. Medyo matagal ako mapagod ngayon. Problema nga lang hindi na kaya ng arms.
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,508B-Class
    \ wrote:
    4 day split, 45 min to 1 hour per session
    Typical workout schedule
    Day 1 - back, biceps
    Day 2 - chest, triceps
    Day 3 - rest
    Day 4 - back, legs
    Day 5 - rest
    Day 6 - chest, triceps
    Day 7 - rest

    What are the exercises, and how much weight used during Chest WOs on Day 2 and Day 6, respectively, sir?
  • edongedong Posts: 10
    Nakahiya mang aminin pero Smith Machine ang primary na gamit ko. Wala kasi akong spotter. Pag gumagamit ako ng barbell nakakatakot. Parang babagsakan ako. Sa SM medyo nakaka 150lbs ako. I assume 40lbs yung bar. Tapos gumagamit ako ng cable. Hindi ko sure ano bigat per plate pero 20 plates lahat. Nasa 17 na ako. Then dips using bw lang. Subukan ko bumili ng belt para may added weight. Minsan I use DB. Max ko with good form 55lbs per hand. 60lbs hindi na full ROM. I will try to use isolation for the triceps. Baka yon mahina sa akin. Bihira kasi ako mag isolation.
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,508B-Class
    edong wrote:
    " Nakahiya mang aminin pero Smith Machine ang primary na gamit ko. Wala kasi akong spotter. Pag gumagamit ako ng barbell nakakatakot. Parang babagsakan ako. ..."

    If you're not confident on what you're doing, then you're missing something, sir.
    Saan ka po ba nahihirapan, sir? Sa pag-unrack/rack ng barbell o sa habang binibuhat na yung barbell?
    edong wrote:
    "... Sa SM medyo nakaka 150lbs ako. I assume 40lbs yung bar. ..."

    *Olympic bar, sir. Approximately 40-45lbs in English system.
    edong wrote:
    "... Tapos gumagamit ako ng cable. Hindi ko sure ano bigat per plate pero 20 plates lahat. Nasa 17 na ako. ..."

    Usually nasa 200-300lbs per stack (10lb-15lb/plate).
    I believe, you're pertaining to the exercise that utilizes the triceps—Triceps Push Downs?
    edong wrote:

    "... Then dips using bw lang. Subukan ko bumili ng belt para may added weight. Minsan I use DB. ..."

    You can also perform the Dips AMRAP (As Many Repetitions As Possible), sir.
    edong wrote:

    "... Max ko with good form 55lbs per hand. 60lbs hindi na full ROM. I will try to use isolation for the triceps. Baka yon mahina sa akin. Bihira kasi ako mag isolation."

    I believe, Incline Dumbbell Press yung tinutukoy mo dito. You can stick performing the Dips. Depends what variation you use. In your case, do the exercise that emphasizes on the triceps. How about your succeeding Triceps WO, sir? ... v
    edong\ wrote:

    4 day split, 45 min to 1 hour per session
     Typical workout schedule
    Day 1 - back, biceps
    Day 2 - chest, triceps
    Day 3 - rest
    Day 4 - back, legs
    Day 5 - rest
    Day 6 - chest, triceps
    Day 7 - rest
  • edongedong Posts: 10
    Boss thanks much sa mga tips. Sige as many dips as possible. I will post my updates later.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Today's Bible Passage