Lifting Belts 101

Comments

• JettieJettie Posts: 3,763B-Class
    belt user ako since nag heavy na ko from 300lbs sa DL at 250 sa squat.. mahigpit din ako magbelt pero dapat nakababa lang sa tyan para umbok pa rin bituka ko hehe
  • JiggamanJiggaman Posts: 156C-Class
    I have a history of slipped disc and the other day, sumakit uli ang likod ko. Should I wear a belt pagbalik ko sa gym? Mga one month na pahinga siguro ako.

Hindi naman ako nagbubuhat ng masyado mabibigat. Ang squat ko eh around 85 lbs lang dahil sa history ko tapos deadlift around the same lang din.

Actually hindi sa pagbubuhat sumakit uli yung likod ko. Nagkamali lang ako ng tayo from a sitting position kaya sumakit.

Will a lifting belt help, or ingat na lang ako sa susunod to maintain proper form in everything I do?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,459A-Class
    Jiggaman wrote:
    I have a history of slipped disc and the other day, sumakit uli ang likod ko. Should I wear a belt pagbalik ko sa gym? Mga one month na pahinga siguro ako.

Hindi naman ako nagbubuhat ng masyado mabibigat. Ang squat ko eh around 85 lbs lang dahil sa history ko tapos deadlift around the same lang din.

Actually hindi sa pagbubuhat sumakit uli yung likod ko. Nagkamali lang ako ng tayo from a sitting position kaya sumakit.

Will a lifting belt help, or ingat na lang ako sa susunod to maintain proper form in everything I do?

Magbelt ka na lang lagi wala naman masama e. pero sanayin mo din iflex ng matindi yung abdominals mo tapos ihold mo ng matagal. sa squats and DL pag mas tight yung midsection mas ok for the lower back. Magdrop ka din ng weight bro kung nabibigatan ka sa sarili mo kasi sa squats hindi lang weight ang binubuhat mo kasam din BW. so kung 200lbs+ ka kahit 100lbs lang squat mo parang 300lbs din binubuhat mo diba.

Try sprinting or hill sprints, its a good leg WO and cardio at the same time. It also helps you get more explosive on squats plus it will boost your metabolism. Good for fatloss :)

live&dieNATURAL

Jiggaman wrote:

Magbelt ka na lang lagi wala naman masama e. pero sanayin mo din iflex ng matindi yung abdominals mo tapos ihold mo ng matagal. sa squats and DL pag mas tight yung midsection mas ok for the lower back. Magdrop ka din ng weight bro kung nabibigatan ka sa sarili mo kasi sa squats hindi lang weight ang binubuhat mo kasam din BW. so kung 200lbs+ ka kahit 100lbs lang squat mo parang 300lbs din binubuhat mo diba.

Try sprinting or hill sprints, its a good leg WO and cardio at the same time. It also helps you get more explosive on squats plus it will boost your metabolism. Good for fatloss :)

I'm actually down to 175 lbs pero being 310 lbs before, may possibility na ngayon lang talaga nag-effect yung bugbog na inaabot ng lower back ko dahil sa weight ko noon.

Yup I'm starting to run na din. Hassle nga eh may 5k run ako sa Sept. 14 mukhang hindi muna at pahinga muna.

Sige bibili ako lifting belt that I'll use pagbalik ko ng gym. Saan ba maganda bumili? Meron ba sa CnC?
  • CoreCore Posts: 2,508B-Class
    sa squats hindi lang weight ang binubuhat mo kasam din BW. so kung 200lbs+ ka kahit 100lbs lang squat mo parang 300lbs din binubuhat mo diba.

Precisely 75% of BW adds up to the total weight on the entire squat.
    I'll avoid squats, deadlifts, standing military press at bent over barbell row. Do I still need to wear a belt considering my back injury?
  • Mighty_OakMighty_Oak Posts: 3,940
    If you're using a belt but don't know where to place it and you don't employ AIP and most importantly the weight isn't that heavy then it's useless and GAY.

I've gone close to a 500lb deadlift but did not use a belt nor had any back injuries.
  • CodexCodex Posts: 16E-Class
    Out topic conversation [size=x-small](posts #29-45)[/size] about incorporation of lumbar binder on resistance training, under Workout? Thread [size=x-small](by mike_jyzz)[/size]
    'Been to SM Baguio City last Thursday [size=x-small](January 22, 2015)[/size] and Saturday [size=x-small](January 24, 2015)[/size]. Bull's velcro lifting belts available at Chris Sports; L sizes in yellow, red, and black. Core Fitness leather belt and powerlifting belts available at Toby's Sports; in S and XL sizes respectively. XL sizes in black.
  • jbadd17jbadd17 Posts: 29E-Class
    I got the Valeo belt from an online seller sa sulit dot com. Its a single prong belt that is tapered sa front. I hated it because of the discomfort i get from it. Very flimsy and naiipit mga bilbil ko in between haha! I always wanted the Inzer Lever Belts they use in powerlifting in the US and couldnt find any here in the Philippines. But i found the next best thing the Titan Toro LEVER belt from the strongest man in the Philippines Mr. Eddie Torres. He was selling only one small size and i checked online and the last hole would fit me so i ordered it from him thru the phone. He was so kind and accomodating. Got my belt and i think its the best investment i had. Its really as good as the Inzer even the lever itself is of the same supplier daw, well that's what i read. So its not tapered, its 10mm thick and gives you a stable and even pressure both front and back because its not tapered nga. I know a lot of you guys say belting up is not good because it limits core activation but hey, at my age and the stubborn back pain i had before, im not gonna risk it. If any of you can find an inzer or any brand of lever belt i swear its worlds better than any shiek, valeo, harbinger brand that is not lever. Btw, im constantly doing my DL 315x5x5 and im in my 30's so inb4 weak comments. Oo na mas halimaw na kayo. Hehe. Safety first guys.
    jbadd17 wrote:
    "... I always wanted the Inzer Lever Belts they use in powerlifting in the US and couldnt find any here in the Philippines. ..."

I used to see an online seller [size=x-small](if my memory serves me right)[/size] in Facebook Group Massthetic...
    Try mong i-dig doon sa group [size=x-small](kung member ka)[/size] kung binebenta pa. [size=x-small](Just sayin'.)[/size]
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    I got the Valeo belt from an online seller sa sulit dot com. Its a single prong belt that is tapered sa front. I hated it because of the discomfort i get from it. Very flimsy and naiipit mga bilbil ko in between haha! I always wanted the Inzer Lever Belts they use in powerlifting in the US and couldnt find any here in the Philippines. But i found the next best thing the Titan Toro LEVER belt from the strongest man in the Philippines Mr. Eddie Torres. He was selling only one small size and i checked online and the last hole would fit me so i ordered it from him thru the phone. He was so kind and accomodating. Got my belt and i think its the best investment i had. Its really as good as the Inzer even the lever itself is of the same supplier daw, well that's what i read. So its not tapered, its 10mm thick and gives you a stable and even pressure both front and back because its not tapered nga. I know a lot of you guys say belting up is not good because it limits core activation but hey, at my age and the stubborn back pain i had before, im not gonna risk it. If any of you can find an inzer or any brand of lever belt i swear its worlds better than any shiek, valeo, harbinger brand that is not lever. Btw, im constantly doing my DL 315x5x5 and im in my 30's so inb4 weak comments. Oo na mas halimaw na kayo. Hehe. Safety first guys.

Magkano kuha mo sa Toro LEVER Belt bro? I heard so much about mr. eddie torres, kung PL ka talaga, he's the right man to talk to. Gym Owner din sya ang alam ko eh.
    rtravino29 wrote:
    Magkano kuha mo sa Toro LEVER Belt bro? I heard so much about mr. eddie torres, kung PL ka talaga, he's the right man to talk to. Gym Owner din sya ang alam ko eh.

PL at OL. Dating PL st OL competitor kasi siya, now a coach. Nag-conduct sila ng seminar dati dito sa Pasig last first week of January. January 6, 2015 if I'm not mistaken. Few days matapos ko lang lumuwas pabalik ng probinsya.
  • rtravino29rtravino29 Posts: 1,549
    Few days matapos ko lang lumuwas pabalik ng probinsya.

Nagkasalisi kayo? haha! si @dskinnydude naka toro level belt yun eh, not sure kung kay mr. eddie niya kinuha yun. nag babalak akong bumili if ever na pasok sa budget ung price, investment baga..
  • jbadd17jbadd17 Posts: 29E-Class
    Oh no i am no powerlifter thats for sure. Im just two years in the gym i dont even consider myself a real bodybuilder. Yun nga lang nagkataon i thought i wanted a quality belt and "accidentally" found one here in the Philippines. 3.7k ata bili ko nun kay sir Eddie plus shipment to mindanao. The Titan model i got is as good as the Inzer belt as far as i know although there was an older version of my belt which had poor reviews abroad. It kinda looks badass in the gym pero the stability you get from it is way better than softer belts. Im not a really really serious lifter but i know some of you might actually appreciate it more than i do.
  • SofteaSoftea Posts: 11
    magandang hapon po mga sirs/ma'ams,

1.5k-2k lang po ang aking budget sa weight lifting belt, baka po may nagbebenta sa inyo ng second hand na 11-13 inches double pronged na de-kalidad po na weightlifting belt. or ano po ang masasabi nyo sa belt na ito mga sirs?

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/70676553/Bodybuilding+4-inch+Leather+Lifting+Belt,+Large?referralKeywords=lifting+belts&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-4,4

Maraming salamat po sa inyo
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927C-Class
    Softea wrote:

1.5k-2k lang po ang aking budget sa weight lifting belt, baka po may nagbebenta sa inyo ng second hand na 11-13 inches double pronged na de-kalidad po na weightlifting belt. or ano po ang masasabi nyo sa belt na ito mga sirs?

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/70676553/Bodybuilding+4-inch+Leather+Lifting+Belt,+Large?referralKeywords=lifting+belts&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-4,4

pwede naman yan bro. mas maganda panga yang round lang kesa ung may mga arch na belt. bb.com pa ung tatak. goods na yan. ung akin nga dati pipichugin LP lang pero works for me. good yan :):sport:
  • Emman1986Emman1986 Posts: 1,819B-Class
    Ghee wrote:
    Softea wrote:

pwede naman yan bro. mas maganda panga yang round lang kesa ung may mga arch na belt. bb.com pa ung tatak. goods na yan. ung akin nga dati pipichugin LP lang pero works for me. good yan :):sport:

papz, magkano lp? nag tatanong pamangkin ko eh student pa yon kaya budget meal hehehe
  • BANEBANE Posts: 1,927C-Class
    Emman1986 wrote:
    Ghee wrote:
    Softea wrote:

papz, magkano lp? nag tatanong pamangkin ko eh student pa yon kaya budget meal hehehe

wag na ung sa LP medyo Manipis ung make nya eh. mas ok ung BULLS more or less 600 lang ata
  • fatmonkeyfatmonkey Posts: 308C-Class
    bought BULLS sa Chris sports - 624php. (napilitan kasi yung asa gym XL ang size) Hehehehe