2nd Powerlifting Meet Prep. Got the Bronze. Chase the Gold.

Comments

• Masala MakerMasala Maker Posts: 476B-Class
    Oo nga boss Yatez e swerte lang. Sana hindi mag plateau kaagad. Backing off training this weekend to rest my weary joints and bones so I can come back stronger.

Update:
    Tumataba parin ako at 205lbs, 36 waist line na bought new jeans today. Hahaha. Crazy.
    Nawala yung eating right "groove" ko. Been snacking a lot. Need to ease back into good habits.

NEW PR:
    315 x 5 x 3
    1381799_666641176681818_1308239082_n.jpg
    Still eating at around 1000 - 1500+ surplus. Mostly food that are easily accessible.
    I feel better, going to eat right again starting today. Around 205-208lbs zone. Really feel better around the 200 zone. I feel a lot stronger when I look bigger if that makes any sense hahahaha..

Trained at the nearest gym yesterday. The floors were rubber zig-zags and it was nice to be able to drop the barbell. It was hard to gauge if my usual strength was still there due to the gym having KG's instead of LBS on the plates. Having to bust out the calculator each set but still the weight's not feeling the same. Felt heavier. Anyone else have this experience?

I can't ignore my right rear delts anymore. It's tight as hell all day everyday. Every rep pressing heavy load overhead hurts it like hell. I've been stretching a lot recently and I hope it helps.

I've only gotten heavily into rows last month and I'm starting to get obsessed with back development. Sobrang gusto ko gumanda likod ko hahaha. Want to try bodybuilding but torn between strength and aesthetics at the moment. Haven't tried bodybuilding training yet though.

pic of baby lats.
    29o51l0.jpg
  • ndgllbndgllb Posts: 104
    inspiring sir!
  • emon02emon02 Posts: 700
    sa Eclipse ka bro. Mabini branch yan? ang lakas :sport:
    Yes bro! Hinihintay ko pa yung shirt ko! haha! Kaya ako na enganyo sa Eclipse dahil sa challenges e. Something to work towards to aside from my own being. Gusto ko ma hit yung 225 on the bench press by the end of the year.

Salamat ng marami ndgllb. Sobrang nakaka motivate lalo sa journey to self-improvement when people look at what I've done so far in regards to my physical self at nakaka tulong rin ako sa pag motivate sakanila to push forward with it. The feeling na the work you put into it has made kahit even the smallest ripples and vibrations in people's lives. Nakakatuwa e.

At the moment may dalawa akong friends from work na sumasabay na sa routine/workouts ko for weight loss and nakakatuwa na nag proprogress sila in strength and fat loss.

Sobrang bilis ng fluctuation ko in weight nakaka loko.
    Started eating decent again today.

Breakfast
    10 hardboiled eggs
    2 bananas
    2 cups of black coffee

Lunch
    3 servings of Oatmeal, drops of vanilla extract, sliced apples.
    a bowl of peanuts.

pre WO
    5 cups of black coffee

Dinner
    500g chicken breast
    1 cup rice
    half stick salted butter
    2 slices of bread sprinkled sugar on top.

Oct 9, 2013

Teamsports Gym
    Body Weight 200lbs

Squats
    190lbs x 5
    220lbs x 5
    235lbs x 5
    240lbs x 5
    250lbs x 5

Front Squats
    100 x 5 x 5
    120 x 5
    135 x 5

Overhead Squats
    30lbs
    Nag game of H-O-R-S-E- kami ng training buddy ko sino pinaka maraming reps sa OHS's to get the movement into our heads hahaha nanalo ako.

Deadlift
    lots of warm up sets.
    WS
    250 x 5
    260 x 5
    270 x 5
    280x 5
    290 x missed
    Couldn't grip the bar properly. Teamsports has no chalk and Olympic bars.
    Didn't matter. It was a hard set and worked me good.

Kroc Rows
    90lbs x 3 x 15 to failure.
    (90's na yung heaviest dumbbell na nakikita ko lagi)

Balik na ulit weight ko to acceptable and my strength = retained.

Walang hiyang selfies! haha! pagbigyan niyo na.
    ig97go.jpg
    a9s0p.jpg
    Yung physique ko parang parehas lang halos ng August 5 picture.
    Pero ang laki ng pinagkaiba ng August 5 strength at present strength. Such cray cray.
    WANT to train even harder this month.
  • allen101allen101 Posts: 5,102
    That 7 cups of coffee a day.

Dafuq. Hahaha.

Nice improvement bro
    Thanks man!

Habang nag post ka nag isa pa akong baso ng cape pahabol bago matulog haha!
    Na pick up ko nung aspiring music writer pa ako. Coffee = mind gainz haha.
    Practicing snatching and clean and jerks outdoors with training buddies.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=671377549541514
  • riddlerriddler Posts: 1,018B-Class
    Katakot yung likod mo during the initial pull brah. Rounded back. Disaster waiting to happen. You need to sit down lower and tighten up your lumbar and thoracic spine. Take care of your back. Yan ang pundasyon natin palagi sa lifting. Don't put it on compromised position.
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565B-Class
    While i'm not really used to do oly lifts on a normal basis, tama si riddler back shouldn't be rounded also same as doing deadlifts you need to kep the bar as close as possible to your body and don't swing the weight forward. just saying.
    Mismo guys! Still trying to drill proper setting up on snatches. I know my back is rounded in the vid. I still have a long ways to go to snatching right! thanks for the concern. Much love <3
    Eclipse Gym
    Oct 12, 2013
    BW: 200lbs

Front Squats
    135 x 12 x 3

Conventional Deadlift
    315lbs
    rest-pause for a few seconds after 3rd rep. Might lower the poundage next time.
    5x5

Back Squats

250 x 1
    265 x 1
    275 x 1 NEW PR.

Lat Pulldowns

100lbs slow and controlled reps 3x12

Kroc Rows
    100lbs 3x12

Realized my left dominant hand is weaker in grip and strength when it comes to rowing. Possibly because of mixed grip in deadlifts. Pretty irritating. I can only get 5 clean reps with my left hand, and 8 straight with my right before form breaks down.
    Taking it easy with the rear delt shoulder pains.

Teamsports

BW: 204lbs

OCT 16, 2013

Practicing proper set up and bracing my core
    finally learned how to "take the slack off" the bar.

Speed Deadlifting:
    singles starting with 150 increasing 10lbs per single, stopped at 270lbs.

Deficit Deadlift Singles of a 50lbs plate
    250lbs x 20

Lat Pulls

115 3x12

Cable Rows

100 3x12

Kroc Rows
    100 3x12

Arched back Good Mornings

150 3x8

Rounded back good mornings

100 3x8

Hammie Leg Raises

140 3x12

Rear delt raises

10lbs 4x12

Side Raises

20lbs 3x8
    Hmmmmm.... I wonder what is the purpose of doing rounded back good mornings?
  • RockcenaRockcena Posts: 603
    rounded back yan ba yung ina abot mo ulo mo hanggang tuhod?

This might help sir DS!
    :sport:
    ok will check it out doing. rounded back good mornings as part of assistance is something new to me.
    @rockcena, missed your question bro! Hindi naman ganun ka lalim, pero ta-try mo abutin at least! hehe..

Oct 19
    Eclipse Gym

BW: 204lbs.

Felt really good training today after work. Made all kinds of gains training after work in the past haha

BP:
    135x5
    145x4
    105x12x2
    115x12

Narrow Grip Lat Pulls
    100 x 12
    110 x 12
    120 x 8
    135 x 5
    145 x 5

Cable Rows
    90 x 12
    100 x 8
    120 x 5

Dumbell Rows
    95 x 5

Stalling on bench again, possibly got weaker at it.

Push ups

such doms ahuhuhu

Dips
    5 sets of 2 (FUCK YES) Kaya ko na mag dips. Sobrang sakit nga lang sa traps ko haha. Parang pinapatay ako.

Pullup Negatives and Half Reps

Deadlift:

135 x 12
    225 x 12
    290 x 1
    315 x 1
    350 x 1 x 3

Hindi ko na na jejerk yung bar ngayon. May napanuod ako sa youtube na vid on taking the slack out off the bar. Pucha ngayon ko lang naintindihan yung meaning. I got this far jerking the shit out of it and my neck sometimes is fucked. Sobrang galing ng pulling the slack off.

https://www.suresome.com/proxy/nph-secure/00A/http/www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD8wjuvxK-c

This might help sir DS!
    :sport:

Hmmmm.... so what i've been doing is what he calls "rounded-back" good morning well i just call it good mornings. I might consider adding the arched-back GMs and see if it will yield results for me. :)
    Ang galing niyang guy na yan on YT for me. Subscribed to him. Meron siyang vid named "deadlift and motion", baka matripan niyo sir DS!