2nd Powerlifting Meet Prep. Got the Bronze. Chase the Gold.

Comments

• milksworthmilksworth Posts: 3,138
    Jelly much with the food you eat. Darn imagine spending your own money with such food. Butas ang bulsa!
  • Masala MakerMasala Maker Posts: 476B-Class
    Sobrang sakit niyan if ever mangagaling sa bulsa ko haha. Favorite ko kainin salmon at seabass, napaka okay talaga sa satiety busog ako kaagad for a few hours.

August 12, 2013

Jogging/Walking/Sprinting from 4AM to 6AM

Slept till 2PM

Ate a ton of squash, carrots, ladyfingers, eggs and brown rice. Barley Grass + milo + energen shake. Buko juice.

3PM Teamsports Gym, Verdant LPC.

BB Conventional Deadlift: 200lbs 1x5(So happy with this. PR) 150 1x10, 100 1x15
    BB Squats: 160lbs, 3x8
    BB OHP: 70lbs 1x12, 1x8, 1x10 new PR.
    BB Rows: 80lbs 3x12
    BB Bench Press: 100lbs 3x10
    Clean and Jerks( for fun )80lbs 1x5

(Got weaker on my bench for some reason failed doing 120 for reps. got beat up by the DL's and Squats maybe. Will try doing the bench earlier into my workout next time and see what's up. If I still feel weaker, might rest more than usual and give myself the whole 48 hours to rest which I've been neglecting more than a few times now)
    Got burnt out doing too much of whole body WO's with inadequate rest time.
    My training buddy/ former band-mate/best friend who does push/pull/legs & core talked me into doing a three day split. So as one quest ends, another journey begins.

August 13, 2013 (Pull day)
    Lat Pulldown 110lbs, 3x12
    Narrow Lat Pulls 100lbs, 3x12
    Barbell Rows 80lbs, 3x12
    Upright Rows 70lbs, 3x10
    Dumbell Side Raises, 25's, 3x10
    Dumbell Raises 25's, 3x10
    Farmers Walk 100's, 60sec x 3
    Bicep Curls 60lbs, 3x12
    Shrugs 200lbs 3x15

August 14,2013 (Leg/Core)

Fucking hell, pumutok yung calyo ko sa dominant hand ko (left) below the middle finger where I usually grip the bar with while doing my Deadlifts. Anybody experience this when first starting out lifting heavy?

Box Jumps 3ft 3x20
    Squats 100lbs x 20, 180lbs 3x8
    Deadlift 100lbs x20, Deadlift 200x3 (stopped due to my callous popping)
    Lunges 40's 1x20
    Planks 35lbs plate 2x 1 min, 1x 80seconds
    Crunches 5x20 (home)
    Side Planks 3x1 minute (home)
    Oblique Side Bends 50lbs plate 3x12

Sarap mag leg day. Yun ata yung strongest point ko by mesotype and genetics.
    Hate na hate ko mag bench press. I guess I need to work on it.
  • YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    Ako di naman pumuputok kalyo ko just always keep it dry and grip the bar really hard para hindi mag slide pag nag slide pupunit talaga yan
    Kasi bago palang siya kaya pumutok haha. Sana nga gumaling na at tumigas para makapag DL's na ulit. For the next 2 DL days mag bobox jumps nalang muna ako haha.

Nag lilinis ako ng laptop ko kanina, nahanap ko to hahaha! Ito ata yung highest weight ko rin.
    2mexp2s.jpg

August 14,2013
    196lbs, 89kg
    302xgsn.jpg
    Pretty fucking pissed. Got stuck over at work and got assigned to a hotel room with kitchen people
    for 3 days because of the typhoon.
    My mates couldn't get to work because of flooding and I had to work the whole operation by myself(breakfast lunch and dinner) probably got close to 6 hours of sleep for the whole three days I was there. Crazy shit. Haven't lifted in a while. I hope I didn't gain more unneeded fat mass and lost strength. Been eating shit food and been binge drinking in my room in between service time with cook friends throughout the week.
  • El-bad4ssEl-bad4ss Posts: 265
    ^^

i know the feeling brother, im a chef aswell. i just did 11 straight days without day off 2 weeks ago and starting today im going to work 8 straight. i hope you get compensated well. just see it as a game and dont stress out put the music on and have a good time.
    I agree. I had so much fun doing the straight duties and getting drunk and acting my age(19) + being the only one in the kitchen and running your own kitchen was such an ego boost haha. But really just pissed I haven't had the time to train.

That's nice sobrang sarap ng service rush. I'm sure you're addicted to it as well hehe.. I'm a kitchen helper lang for an indian kitchen for a buffet hotel restaurant , what kind of kitchen do you work in?

August 22, 2013

Got back to face the iron and tested out my usual lifts. Did pretty decently considering the amount of chain smoking and binge drinking i subjected myself to when the typhoon hit.

Conventional DL's
    100lbs, 2x20
    150lbs 1x12
    200lbs 1x8

Sobrang favorite lift ko na ngayon yung Deads, I find it the most easy to progress in lalo na noob ako. really been pushing it with DL's.
    250lbs 1x3 (PR)
    260lbs 1x2 (PR)

Barbell Bench Press
    100lbs 3 x 10

Squats
    180lbs 3x10

Rows
    80 3x12

Clean and Jerks
    70 3x5

All in all I'm really glad I haven't lost strength as much but my stamina really took a hit as halfway through my 2nd lift(squats) I was running out of breath and shit. Hoping to get back into it and get stronger next month.
    Shit just got serious. Bought a 6ft long bar and 100lbs worth of plates this week at Toby's Sports.
    Sa this coming sahod gonna buy a 100 more pounds worth of plates and mats for my garage so I can drop the BB on the ground with full confidence. No cash yet for a power rack or a bench. Maybe pag may 13th month na ko.
    What lifts I do at home:
    Overhead Squats
    Power Clean and Press
    Deadlifts
    BB rows
    Bicep Curls

That's all I can think of doing. Anyone else know of any barbell/floor lifts I could incorporate to my home workout?
  • badass_vinchbadass_vinch Posts: 4,459A-Class
    1. haymakers: search kelechi opara "axe murderer"
    2. "hacks"-kelechi opara
    3. Tbar rows- hold the bar na lang and use smaller plates kung meron ka for better range of motion
    4. shrugs (front and back)
    5. floor press

ayan muna, medyo practical yan kagaya nung mga nasa list mo. madami pa pero exotic na masyado yung mga exercises at hindi gano masayang gawin :)

live&dieNATURAL

• YatezYatez Posts: 2,745
    3. Tbar rows- hold the bar na lang and use smaller plates kung meron ka for better range of motion

+1

Dami sa gym gumagamit ng 45lb plates for t-bars letting ego get the better of them ako gamit ko nga lang 10lbs plates lol
  • DSmallDivideDSmallDivide Posts: 4,565B-Class
    Yatez wrote:

+1

Dami sa gym gumagamit ng 45lb plates for t-bars letting ego get the better of them ako gamit ko nga lang 10lbs plates lol

ok lang naman gumamit ng malalaking plates as long you can activate your lat/rombhoids/upper back muscles during the movement and minimize bicep/arm/lower back recruitment in order to move the weight (w/c is common by the way). though may disadvantage talaga sa large plates ang mga taong short ang limbs.
    para hindi tumama yung big plates sa chest at mabawasa ROM nilalagyan ko muna ng 6 10lbs plates bago ko lagyan ng 35's or 45's yung bar. this way sa may neck area tatama yung big plate at pwede ko sya ilagan by looking forward. :)

live&dieNATURAL

• JettieJettie Posts: 3,763B-Class
    paano ba yng proper form ng t-bar?
    ^ hirap idemonstrate dito jet hehehe at medyo iba din ang pakiramdam ng basic tbar row(yung nasaksak yung bar sa pader) versus machine tbar rows (depende pa sa brand). sa stance pa lang at stability malaki ang deperensya.

live&dieNATURAL

balak ko na kasi mag t-bar sa monday eh. Nag dry run ako nung last week, iba't ibang stance parang di ako solb.

Ang ginawa ko kasi parallel yung torso sa sahig then rowing , may nakita ako slight up, grip variations etc etc.
    @jet, maikli kasi braso mo kaya malamang hindi ka matuwa sa tbar. hilahin mo lang papunta sa tiyan mo wag sa dibdib, yun na pinaka diskarte mo sa tbar. BB row ka nalang para hindi limited yung ROM.:)

live&dieNATURAL

oo nga no, barbel / bent over rows ano sir vinch or yung pendlay? Sa bentover damang dama ko yung sakit sa mid section ng likod ko.. Minsan na cheat ko na na tumatayo pag hirap na hirap na ko at 8th-9th reps
  • Big DawgBig Dawg Posts: 645
    Shit just got serious. Bought a 6ft long bar and 100lbs worth of plates this week at Toby's Sports.
    Sa this coming sahod gonna buy a 100 more pounds worth of plates and mats for my garage so I can drop the BB on the ground with full confidence. No cash yet for a power rack or a bench. Maybe pag may 13th month na ko.
    What lifts I do at home:
    Overhead Squats
    Power Clean and Press
    Deadlifts
    BB rows
    Bicep Curls

That's all I can think of doing. Anyone else know of any barbell/floor lifts I could incorporate to my home workout?

Upright rows - delts/traps
    Front raises - front delts (same as db front raises but with bb)
    Reverse curls - bi's/forearms
    Wrist curls - forearms
    Hack squats - quads (old school version before machines - stand with the bar BEHIND your feet, bend down at the knees, back straight, grab the bar and stand up - repeat)
    Front squats - quads (be careful since no cage/rack)
    Toe raises - calves
    Tricep press - triceps - modified French press(overhead tri extension) - hard to do french press with straight long bar, so just take a narrow grip about 12 inches between index fingers, clean it, then proceed to do press behind neck - let bar come down to top-of-head only and press
    SLDL - hams/lumbar
    good mornings - hams/lumbar

Also it's easy to find something to hang from to do chins/pullups. You can use a couple chairs to blast tri's with tricep dips. Use 3 chairs and you can do deep pushups mimicking db flyes.
    @jet: para sakin kung aletrnative for tbar= bent over BB rows.

Ok lang yung cheat sa last reps, normal lang yun at that point. Atleast kahit papano may benefit yun sa traps. Minsan kasi pag trip ko after BB rows hindi ko na binababa yung bar derecho shrugs na.

live&dieNATURAL